The online racing simulator
Post your favourite childhood music!
(34 posts, started )
Another 'Post your * !'

Tell what artists/ singers / bands you were listening to when you were young.

For me:

Blink 182
Good Charlotte
Lagwagon
Bad Religion
Simple Plan

You?
- Michael Jackson
- Guns n' Roses
- AC/DC
- Queen
- Judas Priest
- Kiss
- Alice Cooper
- Supertramp
- Abba (yikes!!)
- Dire Straits
- Metallica
- Def Lepard
- Aerosmith
...and probably a few more that i can't think of now.
Mhhh started listening to music when I was 9 years old... and the first three bands were
Judas Priest, Kiss and AC/DC

17 now.
#4 - 5haz
Blur and Oasis, Space, Portishead, Feeder so on so forth.

And that "Wake up its a beautiful morning" song, whoever it was by.

I was only about 4 or 5 at the time, I can remember hearing these songs when I was really young and not knowing who they were by.
Queen.

I didn't really listen to any other music at all until I was about 19. After a brief dabble with the likes of Blur and Oasis in the mid-90s, I got into metal and have been slowly drifting towards Scandinavian power/folk/symphonic metal in the last few years.
Quote from 5haz :And that "Wake up its a beautiful morning" song, whoever it was by.

Boo Radleys

Named after To Kill a Mockingbird.
Well, first song I remember loving was Our House by Madness. Back in 86 or so... I would have been about six. It's still awesomeness. It wasn't until around ten years later that I figured out what all their songs were about.
Blink 182, Sum 41, Eminem

god I used to have a shit taste in music
Quote from mookie427 :Blink 182, Sum 41, Eminem

god I used to have a shit taste in music

Quite rly I listened to Eninem too... And others like Bahamen..
Queen. Then and now!

But if we're talking music I listened to a a child (i.e. before aged 10 or something) then this one brings back some memories, I bet some of the older American forum members can remember these

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/DP/2 ... -_Clap_Your_Tentacles.mp3

http://bootsalesounds.blogspot ... 08/03/happy-monsters.html

'Happy Monsters'. Kind of a kid's story mixed with some sort of psychedelic funk/jazz, looking back on it now the guys making this record must have been off their heads on something, but at the time I thought it was cool
Some of the first music I can remember got to be from the game called Rock'n Roll Racing I think, it had a music track that pretty much sounded like Ozzy with the song paranoid, slightly modified but it most likely were that song.

The next songs I can remember I enjoyed was Robby Williams with something I canot remember. Then, when I started to listen on music on a daily basis I remember I managed to tumble across the Iron Maiden concert in Rio, live on one of the national channels. Remember I sat up til far past bedtime and listened on the new and absolutely stunningly music.
So Iron Maiden was the first band that really got my interest for music, and after that and with time I started by various reasons, to hear on In Flames, Children of Bodom, Sonata Artica and Avenged Sevenfold (and other random power metall stuff) .
Techno isn't music :mr-t:
Been discussed so many times that I don't want that usually techno conversation bringed up I'll just say, the only time when techno is ok is when I am so drunk I canot move myself from the spot I'm lying on.

Haha, valid point there, speaks it the right way
Wow, you're really young RM?

Mine:

Metallica
Iron Maiden
Nirvana (though i've only listened Smells like teen spirit on VCR, 10 times a day )

and all the other 80's and early 90's hit music, basically the best years for music... (fu*k i'm nostalgic.. )
Bloody hell. The phrase "when you were young" followed by artists like Blink 182 (who only formed in 1992) really makes me want to slap people

I grew up listening to Aerosmith and Bon Jovi and Def Leppard and I still do
The Need For Speed: High Stakes/Road Challenege soundtrack.

Probably explains where my love for techno/rock came from !
Quote from Dajmin :Bloody hell. The phrase "when you were young" followed by artists like Blink 182 (who only formed in 1992) really makes me want to slap people

I grew up listening to Aerosmith and Bon Jovi and Def Leppard and I still do

Bon Jovi should have been in my list aswell. We're getting old...

However, the thread starter is still almost a kid, so yeah, what can you expect...?
Quote from Equinox :The Need For Speed: High Stakes/Road Challenege soundtrack.

Probably explains where my love for techno/rock came from !

If you like Techno *and* rock, have a listen to a band called Silent Descent, who blend techno and trance with metal.

http://www.myspace.com/silentdescent1

'Duplicity' is probably the best somg on there.
Coldplay
Coldplay
And last but not least: Coldplay
well, first music i ever started listening was COB and Metallica
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Music I most of all remember from my childhood (most I still listen to today):
  • Buena Vista Social Club
  • Cat Stevens
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Queen
  • Many many classical pieces (e.g. Mozart, Bach, Pachelbel, Vivaldi, Dvořák)
  • John Denver
  • Eric Clapton
  • Iron Maiden
After those, I went all over the place with my musical taste and so far it has never really settled. Ever year I listen to different genres.
Quote from Crashgate3 :

Funny thing is, that's bloody true!

Anyway, the one song I remember from my "childhood" days is I'm Blue by Eiffel 65!

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG