The online racing simulator
make your neighborhood race track
(29 posts, started )
this is a game like thing i though up today

i was daydreaming in class as usual and i was thinking about if i had the money and stuff what kind of race track i could make out of the streets of my neighborhood.
so i went on google maps, looked up my address, and made a little track

pretty fun to do when your bored
Attached images
Neighborhood Racetrack.jpg
If you can do a circuit in your neighborhood, then I will do the drag strip.

I really live there.
Attached images
fwff.jpg
so, is this for pedal bikes or what? Cause my friends used to do something like this on bikes. that was really fun.
My place aint any better, the street i live in has security gates so u will have to take them out.

Its more of a rally stage than a track
Attached images
my street.JPG
#5 - 5haz
Romford is perfect for a racing circuit.

Its fairly obvious why, Havering council love roundabouts and uneccesary Saturday traffic jams so much, they made Romford into one giant one, made out of smaller ones.

We already have racing here, on a Friday night you wont have to look hard to find chavs in their Vauxhall Corsas understeering into lamp posts.
Attached images
Dizzy yet.JPG
let me get Google Earth, and let me see what I can do. Cool track 91mason91, and same with everyone else's.
Meh, why not. Not from googlemaps and I think this is more like a rallystage.

There is nearby another road what I use for "rallying" and it's alot better than this, but there wasn't a proper satellite picture available.
Attached images
rallii.jpg
My fast track around where I live

Clicky!
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :so, is this for pedal bikes or what? Cause my friends used to do something like this on bikes. that was really fun.

eh bikes, karts, mini motorcycles, whatever you can think of
Quote from sk8line69 :eh bikes, karts, mini motorcycles, whatever you can think of

How about a steam roller?
#11 - 5haz
Or stolen Vauxhall Corsa with yer 'cru in the back in my case.
Here's mine. Most of it is 30mph limit, but that roundabout is a giggle to take agressively, but have to be careful of diesel spills.

Attached images
My racetrack.JPG
I live on a dead-end road, so I think I'd be the official drag strip.
Here's mine. More of a bike track I would think
Attached images
myroadcourse.jpg
Oval track FTW
Attached images
rochoval.jpg
lol mine fails
Attached images
Image1.jpg
very short Rally track FTW
this would give great spectator abilites and would include kakaristo
if someone doesnt know what it is, its a very popular place to watch rally in finland, it used to be in ouninpohja but now when theres no ouninpohja its named kakaristo track.
watch at 0.30 to see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4fnwFFEu1c
this is also the place, but little better quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... asQp0&feature=related
I got loads of tracks i culd make around my house:P

But ima post two, ones high speed and ones an endurance track
Attached images
Highspeed.JPG
Endurance.JPG
Hehe looks fun , Reminds me of South city Sprint 2 theres an uphill from T1 to T2 then from T3 to T4 is downhill
Attached images
Racehome.jpg
Here is my street circuit. Shortcuts marked in Blue.
Attached images
Street Circuit.jpg
#21 - 5haz
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Here is my street circuit. Shortcuts marked in Blue.

Legend has it that nobody from outside has entered Ilford for at least 100 years, for fear of the natives.

Heres another one closer to me, the Co-Op triangle of death, I guess the roundabout could be used as an incredibly short oval too.
Attached images
lol.JPG
I have a couple of good ones here and I have names for them all too The 2 major ones are fairly long though. The green mark is my street.

Holders Hill
A 3.5 mile clockwise circuit, starting on the main street, taking in a section of the North Circular for some nice wide sweeping curves before a tight back section.

Oakleigh
6 mile anti-clockwise route through 4 towns with a nice mixture of wide curves and narrow twists. And if memory serves, a couple of nice elevation changes.

Cissbury Oval
A standard, flat 0.6 mile oval. Either direction for extra interestingness
Attached images
holders_hill.PNG
oakleigh.PNG
cissbury_oval.PNG
Hardly my neighbourhood, but the epic "Nurburgring of the Midlands"

Red = ~13 Miles
Red+Pink = ~15 Miles
Pink+Yellow = ~5 Miles
Yellow (+ a bit of red) = ~3 Miles

It has some truly epic corners in it, but might need some chicanes put in to avoid a couple of 2 mile flat out stretches

EDIT: And there is actually a pitlane [of sorts] next to the start/finish :P
Attached images
track.jpg
Quote from BigPeBe :Meh, why not. Not from googlemaps and I think this is more like a rallystage.

There is nearby another road what I use for "rallying" and it's alot better than this, but there wasn't a proper satellite picture available.

Sweeet!
Like your car even though it's only a three door look-a-like!
Here we go, trying to visualise elevation changes from top of your head is kinda tricky
Attached images
koskicircuit.jpg
koskicircuit2.jpg

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG