The online racing simulator
Where can I get this?
(23 posts, started )
Where can I get this?
Lfs relax has the the voce and other stuff to search on the unoffical add ons thread
#3 - Byku
Thanks guys! I couldnt think of a decent search for it!
#5 - Jakg
Thats the original PitSpotter which doesn't work with the newer versions of LFS - LFS Relax should do the same thing but never tried it.
Personally I think these sort of things should be banned. Because people get lazy and don't bother to looK for themselves.
Quote from s14 drift :personally i think these sort of things should be banned. Because people get lazy and don't bother to loo for themselves.

Quote from s14 drift :personally i think these sort of things should be banned. Because people get lazy and don't bother to look for themselves.

+1

Quote from Richie Cahill :-1

While I respect your... uhh... enlighting opinion, there's been too many times where people cut infront of you, turn in on you, or don't even so much as acknowledge your existence on the track. This has ended my race more times then I care to mention.
For me pitspotter was good for oval racing - brings an added sense of reality to the race.

For normal circuit racing tho I think its a bit lame.
Well I'm missing my right hand and don't really have access to extra buttons for looking Right.. gated shifter/clutch is enough for me to be busied with.. so I will benefit from this mod. hence my -1.. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only differently able'd man playing LFS.

I'm a fair Driver though I doubt you'll hear many complaints even without this Mod.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Personally I think these sort of things should be banned. Because people get lazy and don't bother to looK for themselves.

Perhaps the result would've been the same, had this thread been closed before anyone could have answered. He may have done a few more searches then and found what he was looking for.
But now the issue has been solved in a nice and non offensive way and he still knows about the search button.

So, let's not be so negative please?
And he won't be the last one to ask for something a search would've answered, so brace yourself
Quote from Victor :Perhaps the result would've been the same, had this thread been closed before anyone could have answered. He may have done a few more searches then and found what he was looking for.
But now the issue has been solved in a nice and non offensive way and he still knows about the search button.

And he won't be the last one to ask for something a search would've answered, so brace yourself

Victor, i don't think that was what S14 was talking about. I think he speaks about the addon itself, as it makes people "lazy" listening to a voice telling them if someone is on their side, instead of actually looking. (I could be wrong though)
like I said.. I did search.. but all I had to go on was a voice in a youtube video.. what would my search be?
pit spotter is what that is
but if you search it you wont get anything really
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Personally I think these sort of things should be banned. Because people get lazy and don't bother to looK for themselves.

Even the linked clip proves that incorrect He was using button look as much as any one else even with three screens and pit spotter! People that don't look and/or are unaware of their surroundings would be that way under any circumstances. People that setup three screens or add-on's like pit spotter show that they care and therefore would already be people that want to be mindful of their fellow racers

I tried pit spotter myself when it first came out, found the constant audio bombadment annoying. Would much perfer a graphical warning system. But even better would be surround screens or VR

Also there actually is a fair few LFSer's that are differently able'd than the rest of use. Aren't we all here because this is as close to real life racing/driving/drifting we can get or at least a good alternative
um... Aren't there spotters in real life?
If someones too lazy to look left or right, they're probably too lazy to bother downloading such a tool.
Quote from robbymac :um... Aren't there spotters in real life?
If someones too lazy to look left or right, they're probably too lazy to bother downloading such a tool.

+1
Quote from RobbyMac :um... Aren't there spotters in real life?

I normally don't do this but...

+1

Any tool that will help a race be a good race is good tool.

And I don't see how it could be banned until insim developers are required to register the application before it can be used in a live environment. Then make it an include variable when connecting to the master server for registered apps. That is just too messy and defeats the gift the Scavier has allowed us to use with LFS called insim.

-jay
i might use this :P although i already think i get enough view with chase
Quote from Victor :Perhaps the result would've been the same, had this thread been closed before anyone could have answered. He may have done a few more searches then and found what he was looking for.

I was referring to the racetrack situation, where people rely on this mod to tell them when a car is about. It's not 100% accurate and therefore causes crashes as the casual racer often thinks it's a replacement for the "look" feature. People are not aware of others in general as it is.

Where can I get this?
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG