The online racing simulator
Nvidia
(66 posts, started )
Nvidia
I have a Nvidia 7100 GeForce and i get about 50 FPS i want more !!! how do i do it what Graphics card o i have to buy to make my fps go higher i have 4GB ram DD2 please tell me and how much would i cost? And do or can i upgrade it ?
Whats your CPU? thats where you get ya frames from ^^
Because that graphics card is crap. Upgrade.
So can i upgrade ? yes/no and if i can what card geForce 9800Gtx?
Do you have money?

Yes: Uprade
No: Don't upgrade

i have 120 paund and my frend told me to buy 8800 GTX Nvidia GeForce with 2gb ram in it. From the saund is good but what do yous think i would get more fps with it ? and it actualy costs only 120-130paund how do i know it will fit my pc? tell me please and big thanks!
Post your other hardware, they cant tell ya anything right now. If you have a shitty CPU there is no need getting a 8800GTX or a 9800GTX.
Post your other hardware like CPU, RAM and mobo. Then they can tell if its wise to do so.
Quote from deiwisxxx :i have 120 paund and my frend told me to buy 8800 GTX Nvidia GeForce with 2gb ram in it. From the saund is good but what do yous think i would get more fps with it ? and it actualy costs only 120-130paund how do i know it will fit my pc? tell me please and big thanks!

can ur friend or u post a pict of a 8800gtx with 2gb pls? i mean, for what i can find there aint none..

like the one before me said, post the spec of the comp, easier to see what can be done then
Sorry its not two GB its actualy 784mb somthing not sure but can i upgrade ? change it?
Quote from niels1 :Post your other hardware, they cant tell ya anything right now. If you have a shitty CPU there is no need getting a 8800GTX or a 9800GTX.
Post your other hardware like CPU, RAM and mobo. Then they can tell if its wise to do so.

New pc not sure how to find it ... well here i tryed to look

Procesor Intel(R) Core(TM) QUAD CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz 2.4 GHz

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

System type 32-bit Operating system

Graphics card NvIdia GeForce 7100
Yeah, go ahead, if you get at least a geforce 9600gt you will be able to play lots of new games like GTA4 and Fallout 3 with decent FPS, LFS will be over 100 all the time.
Quote from RiGun :Yeah, go ahead, if you get at least a geforce 9600gt you will be able to play lots of new games like GTA4 and Fallout 3 with decent FPS, LFS will be over 100 all the time.

LFS Full graphics? just because i have a lot of ram i can play normal games
If your PC is a prebuilt (Dell, HP, etc.), it probably has a crap PSU that just about runs the hardware you have at the moment. Plus they usually can't be changed, at least without spending a fortune on one from the manufacturer. A 9-series will need a fair bit more juice than a 7100, my 9800GTX has a 500W recomendation. And the 7100 is a major bottleneck if you have a Q6600, so you really should upgrade if you want to play newer games

BTW, throwing more RAM at it won't help. You're using 32-bit, so the maximum RAM any one program can use is 2GB
I believe it was 3.25GB
It's 3.1GB, however Graphical memory is subtracted from that also for the total that Windows will recognize. Each application can only use 2 GB of it though (IIRC)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's 3.1GB, however Graphical memory is subtracted from that also for the total that Windows will recognize. Each application can only use 2 GB of it though (IIRC)

No. The addressing limit on 32bit Windows is exactly 4GB (2^32 bytes). From that it addresses main RAM, graphics RAM and a few other things, so it's likely you'll never see more than about 3.5GB. The each app only being able to use 2GB is right, though.
Las quastion dind realy get there Pope.

So i can buy 8800 gtx and upgrade btw my pc is Accer i will not buy 9800GTX it will cost to much and 8800 GTX is better
2^32 = 4,294,967,296. 4,294,967,296 / 1,024^2 = 4,096 bytes
(Incidentally, 64-bit has a theoretical limit of 16TB of RAM )

You'll need to check with your system specs as to what power the PSU is. New cards (the 9xxx series Nvidia, with the 8800GTX not far behind) need much more power than a 7100. I'm not sure on Acer, but I know that Dell and HP use odd PSUs that are a headwrecker to source and replace at times.
#19 - Jakg
Quote from deiwisxxx :Las quastion dind realy get there Pope.

So i can buy 8800 gtx and upgrade btw my pc is Accer i will not buy 9800GTX it will cost to much and 8800 GTX is better

You'll need, at minimum, a 500w PSU for an 8800GTX - the 8800GT is almost as fast and will need a lower PSU (but you will still need a replacement PSU).
500W for an 8800GTX? So it uses the same power as a 9800GTX?

E: Just looked at some reviews of the card, it's WAAAAY bigger than I thought!
#21 - Jakg
Well i've seen an 8800GTX (albeit with a low-end AMD) running on a 500w PSU.

From personal experience i've had a 580w running an 8800GTX - but I swapped from an 8800GTX to an 8800GT and saw no difference FPS wise - but it uses much less power / makes less heat.
what is PUS where can i find it on my pc ? do i have to replace it to get Geforce 8800GTX .

Or i jus go and buy it put it play it?
PSU - Power Supply Unit. It's the big box at the top rear with all the wires coming out of it.

The 8800GTX isn't better than the 9800GTX.

There, are we back on track now?
If you don't know what PSU stands for, don't even think of upgrading. Take your computer to an upgrade store where they know what they're doing, or buy a new PC.
Quote from pb32000 :The 8800GTX isn't better than the 9800GTX.

There, are we back on track now?

No-one suggested it was, I was just wondering why it would need the same power requirements as the 9800GTX

Nvidia
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG