The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - alternative method/s to getting patches?
Hi all. I was hoping if someone could help me with a problem. Unfortunately, the idiotic local broadband providers have stated that it isn't possible to get broadband when in fact, we had people living in my house who had it.

Anyway, thats a separate issue, point is, I don't have broadband, meaning I can't access the PSN to download new updates and content.

I've read that the new GT5P patch (which includes the Citroën GT, Ferrari California and the Lotus Evora) is currently free so no piracy issues there. So, ultimately, what I wanted to ask, does anyone here know of an alternative method of getting the patch? Like download it from a PC then put it on a flash drive and update the game that way? Thanks
As far as i know, there is no way to download the patches from some site. You'll have to do it with the PS3 (once more, xbox shows how it should be done, with providing the downloads from their site aswell :razz.

I did a little research and couldn't find anything, but maybe i just didn't look hard enough... you might find a better answer on gtplanet.net.

Don't you have friends with broadband access at their places? You could simply go to their place with your PS3, plug it in and do the updates?
I know you can download the system updates, but haven't found anywhere to grab the GT5 update yet
I feel your pain, I struggled with them when I was on wi-fi with my PS3.

The only thing you can do is percivere with it, it will resume where it left off if the connection drops, so you don't loose what you have managed to download up to that point.

But no, there is no other way, save taking your PS3 somewhere with better net.
Well, I would do that but well, all my friends live even further away from town so they definitely don't have broadband. Damn you Eircom and your bullsh*t systems!
There is a way, download a save game with all the cars (probably including the three you mentioned) onto a your computer. Open the .RAR and save the PS3 file onto a flash drive. Open it up on the pas3 and download it on. Try that, if it doesnt work then iv missed a step. Just tell if it didnt work and i'll reply to you here
Quote from Thorvertonian :I know you can download the system updates, but haven't found anywhere to grab the GT5 update yet

There's no way to get the GT5P updates from the Net. You have to try over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until you're able to finish the download 100%. It took me a week before I was able to download Spec III.
To add insult to injury.

I got them first try. On Christmas Morning. Over WiFi.
i got the game for xmas and it had all 3 cars in it (spec III)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG