The online racing simulator
The unpublished S1 miami track
(26 posts, started )
The unpublished S1 miami track
This could be nice additon to the game I hope and updated S2 version would be added

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Image:Gtt_miami.jpg

I mean wouldn't that be awsome getting this as new track I hope the devs se this and think hey nice idea!!
No thankyou!

isnt that south city? it looks like it... the highway underpass.
My understanding is that the Miami track became South City.
^same here...
Me three.
I think that's just unfinished Chicane Route.
I heared about that alot time ago.
I would like this version too
Not going to happend
Quote from The Very End :Not going to happend

Well...The newest track, Aston camed about 3 years ago, so I think there will be another new track. but yeah not this one. :ASDED
Not to sound like a crying kid, but isn't it almost 4 years since new track?
You might shoot me for saying this ; Adding SO config as compensation for no tracks on 4 years beside some updates to Blackwood =

I have a suggestion the devs could do while we wait on new stuff. All tracks that were in S1 should have an option, like standar/reverse, just with "S1/S2 layout" , means that we could chose to run on oooold blackwood, south city or fern bay if we wanted
Quote from The Very End :Not to sound like a crying kid, but isn't it almost 4 years since new track?
You might shoot me for saying this ; Adding SO config as compensation for no tracks on 4 years beside some updates to Blackwood =

I have a suggestion the devs could do while we wait on new stuff. All tracks that were in S1 should have an option, like standar/reverse, just with "S1/S2 layout" , means that we could chose to run on oooold blackwood, south city or fern bay if we wanted

This coming may it wil bve beighn 2 yeras with out any significant tracks added.

But this is not a democracy so I''l juts shut up now
Ever thought that maybe there's a reason for there not being any updates? Normally something like that would be delayed because of an engine update or something that's taking up time, because there's no point adding something new to then have to modify it again to fit the update.

I'm sort of hoping that's why, but I could be wrong
That's a wish thinking, that the devs secretly has used the years to upgrade LFS to dx9, with fancy new textures and shit, while Eric has created 5 new tracks with 10 layouts each.

Sure, I even dream of that from time to time, but as time moves on it just seems that the devs themself has lost interest. If they really still were interested they could produce things faster, even if they are perfectionnists.
Quote from The Very End :Not to sound like a crying kid, but isn't it almost 4 years since new track?

No you're wrong:
EDIT: No I was also wrong

Last new configs 21.04.2006:
Aston configs (together with the BMW F1)

24.06.2005:
Aston came with 0.5P

So it's 3 years and 9 months since we got a complete new track

btw:
I also always thought the Miami track became South City
nevertheless I would also love to get a new track or two. It's about time
(plz not another refurbished one - as Blackwood still is Blackwood, no matter how often it was repainted and slightly changed)
Ok, just 3 years then

Noticine my irony?
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from ussbeethoven :Well, new track? Aston came with 0.5P, but has been updated (graphics, AS6+7 configurations) for patch S along with the BF1.

Yep, I was wrong, it was also "just" new configs
Aston came with 0.5P

So it's 3 years and 9 month since we got a complete new track.
Quote from The Very End :That's a wish thinking, that the devs secretly has used the years to upgrade LFS to dx9, with fancy new textures and shit, while Eric has created 5 new tracks with 10 layouts each.

Actually I'd be perfectly happy with an engine upgrade to DirectX 9 with realtime lighting effects and pixel shaders added in preparation for dynamic time of day and weather effects. That's a fairly big job for a full development team (I remember it took months when Everquest made the switch) so will be an absolute nightmare for just a couple of guys.

It's still wishful thinking but until we hear otherwise it's theoretically possible

And yes, I always thought that Miami just became South City as well.
Guys aston has been created more than 5 years ago but we got it for like 3.5 years .. It was already good in september 2004 when devs tested it in local internet caffe. We also saw aston in old s1 graphics so it's basically over 5 years long. But we have it for almost 4 so...ok enough offtopic :P
Fuel on the fire anyone?
That's fuel FOR the fire. :o
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That's fuel FOR the fire. :o

he asked for it Same thing, fuel for the fire or fuel on the fire.. how does it really differs, means the same tho only said differently
Bastards
What I meant is when he tells it's basically longer time than we first thought, just proving my point even more, and that sucks hairy balls.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG