The online racing simulator
Universal Monetary System
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Nick.
So, on the majority of cruise servers, there is a system that deals with money, either gain it by driving, steal, or having it sent to you. I was thinking, what if all the money you had from different cruise servers was put on to your username and used on any server? Like you have €5,000 on one server and €470,000 on another, your total would be €475,000 (it would be in Euros, of course, since the majority of cruise servers already are). It wouldn't be limited to cruise servers, though, such as winning pots from race servers. For 25 or more racers, you could win €10,000 for 1st, €5,000 for second, etc, but for small races, like 4 or 5 racers, it could be more like €1,000 for 1st and €500 for second. Entry fees for tournements could also be a posibility.

To avoid cheating, refunding would have to be done away with or stay local to the server (i.e. if an admin refunds themself €100,000, the server money would be €575,000 but the universal total would still be €475,000).

Also, you would have the money from cruise servers you haven't joined yet. As soon as you join the server, the starting cash gets added to your total (i.e. if a server has a €4,000 starting total, you would add it to your universal total, €475,000 + €4,000 = €479,000)
Hmm would definitely be good, from an interactivity standpoint, for business. Racing pots would be great fun! More motivation. But of course there would be cheating and such. We need to make all the servers connected somehow - drift, cruise, race, drag, doesn't matter - or LFS will fall.
#3 - Gil07
What was I thinking when I opened the improvements suggestion section?
So you want an "improvement" for something that isn't even a feature of the game, but a system created by others...

Also, I despise credits in most games, as they usually do involve grinding of boring things till you get to do the exciting things (*cough* gran turismo *cough*)
I would enjoy this in a "campaign" mode but otherwise seems...out of place.
Quote from Nick. :It wouldn't be limited to cruise servers, though, such as winning pots from race servers. For 25 or more racers, you could win €10,000 for 1st, €5,000 for second, etc, but for small races, like 4 or 5 racers, it could be more like €1,000 for 1st and €500 for second. Entry fees for tournements could also be a posibility.

Quote from Gil07 :What was I thinking when I opened the improvements suggestion section?

hahahaha , i wass thinking the same thing
Nothing to do with the devs as they are InSim applications. Besides, the currency issue is irrelevant as they are a largely abstract scoring system. If you were actually purchasing things with them, as the supply of points would go up the value would go down.

Aside from the fact that cruise content for LFS is a waste of valuable time.
This can be done right now. Basicly by connecting all insim applications to one big database center (maybe mine) . The only problem. The pc will have to handle all the major traffic. Which I maybe can.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :The pc will have to handle all the major traffic. Which I maybe can.

Ooh, it'll have to be a really meaty server to handle the traffic generated by less than 100 people maximum. I don't know where anyone will be able to source a P3 1Ghz based system in this day and age.

On topic...as has been pointed out this is not something that should bother the LFS devs. InSim apps on cruise servers are not officially supported and conglomerating them all into one main system would be something that would be done between the owners of the separate cruise servers themselves. Not only would credits have to be centralised, but also what cars you own and prices would have to be standardised aswell. It would take away the freedom from the individual servers, too, because introductions would have to be done across the board if they were to affect prices, credits etc.
Well, thanks to all of you who decided to yell at me more for putting this thread in the wrong section and less telling me your opinion on the idea...
good idea i suppose. but as it sits, what stops me from making a cruise server with a insim which gives me a Million Billion moonies and using that money on proper servers

to easy to cheat...
Quote from Nick. :Well, thanks to all of you who decided to yell at me more for putting this thread in the wrong section and less telling me your opinion on the idea...

It's not in the wrong section. Well, actually it is, it should be in no section at all.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG