The online racing simulator
Honda F1 team to start in 2009?
(77 posts, started )
It's not official yet
Quote from BlueFlame :He's not. He's absolutely right. When is Australia? March? April. It's too late. Fact.

im pretty certain Honda will be on the grid later this month.
So let me get this right, they've managed to develop a 2009 car with no funding and before being bought out? Who was paying for the development? Is that the just the car that Honda WOULD have used if they had stayed?
Quote from BlueFlame :So let me get this right, they've managed to develop a 2009 car with no funding and before being bought out? Who was paying for the development? Is that the just the car that Honda WOULD have used if they had stayed?

The funding would have come from Honda. Even with a buyout, I dare say Honda would still be a sponsor.

If you want to sell a team, it should be operational. Otherwise it's not a tempting buy. So Honda will most likely prop it up until a buyer comes along. In any case, this fiasco is probably giving Honda more publicity than the past two seasons combined.
#55 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :So let me get this right, they've managed to develop a 2009 car with no funding and before being bought out? Who was paying for the development? Is that the just the car that Honda WOULD have used if they had stayed?

Honda have still been funding the team while they wait for someone to take that money black hole called their F1 team off their hands.

Honda has been continue funding the team til Feb/March. So develop continues in the factory.
Well, I still don't think they will be there at Melbourne :P It would be a real success story if they made it to Melbourne, oh no wait. It wouldn't. It's gonna be a failure either way.
#58 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, I still don't think they will be there at Melbourne :P It would be a real success story if they made it to Melbourne, oh no wait. It wouldn't. It's gonna be a failure either way.

I disagree that they wont be on the grid at Melbourne, howver as much as I'd like to see them do well, I have to agree that I think they really will be slow.
From F1 Atlas:

A poster with the nickname 'Not telling' on the realhondaf1.com BB

Transporters are being re-liveried on wednesday. The livery has now been finalised as a metalic-blue with white flowing through to incorperate the new lead sponsor. There are also splashes of red across the engine cover. Two cars are now complete, and we've recieved our first engines prior to a shakedown test which is scheduled to take place before the weekend. We have perfomed system checks in the workshops and everything has fitted together without too many hitches. Due to the amount of funding we will recieve from Honda up to December 31st, a pay driver is not a neccesity this year. It looks like we're going with experience over monies. Two drivers have now signed fresh contracts and have been spending time in the gym preparing to return to the cars. Both lead drivers should get at least a full days testing prior to Melbourne. Some changes at the top of the team, mainly concerning job titles. Some of the news regarding the leader of this buyout have been wide of the mark. A few people will be shocked. The management have worked together on the deal, nobody has been excluded.

Grandprix.com says Emirates Airline is main sponsor.
-
(samjh) DELETED by samjh
according to sources on RHF1: (im simply copying and pasting what they said over there, since i assume most of you don't go to that site.)

- The team will be racing in 2009
- the announcement will be made today in Japan
- Drivers are Button and Barrichello.
- The team will pay for Barrichello's expenses, and point bonuses at the end of the season.
- Button has signed a one-year deal with the team, to Button's advantage.
- "Most of the jobs will be kept" (this came from an employee that worked in the team whom were in the team meeting with the whole team on thursday night.)
- The colour of the car will be blue, and a bit of white and red.
- However the car will not have the sponsor's logo on the car next week at testing.
- The team will unveil the car's official livery on thursday before Friday practice at Melb.
- Mike (thats right im disappointed too as huge fan of the team and Button) will joining the team.
- The team will be called Brawn GP
- The car will be running on Merc Engine and KERS
- Nick will stay
- The team has based the chassis around not having a KERS system. So the team prob won't have a KERS equipped car until mid season.
- "As i've previously said, the new lead sponsor will be a big suprise, and is a major coop for the management, especially for a brand new team. A lot of people will be shocked. However, to clinch the deal, the first year they have been given a smashing deal to get their logos on the car whilst we are effectivly subsidised by Honda. Should they be happy with the exposure, there is the option to continue into year two at the full going rate."
edit: removed link coz looked dodge!

Well done to Brawn if he can get a car on the grid. By now I truly thought the world would've imploded... always look on the bright side of life do do de do de do de do

Just please god no more look at my d1ck in these bright green trousers! lol
#62 - 5haz
I have to laugh at their website, but your website doesn't dictate track performance.

I would hope that the shoestring they're running on is a good quality shoestring.

Its quite sad to see the man behind a WSC championship and multiple F1 championships reduced to this. It would be bloody amazing if he turns things around.
Haha, Brawn GP!

Ego much?
I hope to god they were developing that car through the off season or they are going to be humiliated.
Quote from Mustafur :I hope to god they were developing that car through the off season or they are going to be humiliated again

Quote from Mustafur :I hope to god they were developing that car through the off season or they are going to be humiliated.

They were and where is Brawn's financial backing coming from? And IMO, Button and Barra' aren't the right men for the job, but who knows? Maybe we'll see Schuey involved in this project now.
Quote from DarkTimes :Haha, Brawn GP!

Ego much?

no more than williams, mclaren, ferrari, jordan, sauber, brabham etc. all named after their owners though it has to be said they founded the teams rather than buying them
Someone forgot to tell them about the slicks :P
Better image:

Fantastic news. Thanks for the pics, looks good first impression. I wonder if theres a Honda engine in the back or a merc in it yet?
Merc is it... Goddamnit....
Quote from Gav190 :Someone forgot to tell them about the slicks :P

those are 09 spec inters.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :- "As i've previously said, the new lead sponsor will be a big suprise, and is a major coop for the management, especially for a brand new team. A lot of people will be shocked. However, to clinch the deal, the first year they have been given a smashing deal to get their logos on the car whilst we are effectivly subsidised by Honda. Should they be happy with the exposure, there is the option to continue into year two at the full going rate."

This is confusing

Honda F1 team to start in 2009?
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG