The online racing simulator
Well the OP says "everyone is welcome", so I guess you can join.

But considering your reputation I might reserve the right to not allow you to race, should a considerable number of the other drivers feel you're not welcome.

It's an uncomfortable situation, but has happened before on the H2H events. Nothing personal, hope you understand.

Ps. If anyone that signed up has anything to say, please PM me as this thread is no place for that.
Then sign me up
It's possible that I won't make it since I've pinched a nerve in my back thus making movements of my torso rather painful.
I'm interested, sign me up please
Sorry, I have to withdraw, as I won't be aviable at 1800.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
ill be there
Quote from Zapphord :ill be there

The server is already set for the combo and yes you can watch it on remote if you want. Password will be sent in the next few hours.
I might have to miss qualifying, but if I make it back in time will I be able to start from the back?
Yes you will.
I'm going to try my hardest to get there, i'm going out for a short while you see, so sign me up plz. I'll see if there's a spot for me when i turn up...
Late entry? Looks fun
Plz, just for race 2, ill start from the back :P
Was fun, for the most part.

Quali: last as expected.

Race 1: Very pleased with the result. Far away from the rear.And even further from the front. Some nice chasing and defending, mostly just cruising.

Race 2: @¤%&! Not good at all. Get nudged off road on the first lap. Then it's lonely driving untill I start gaining some of the slower drivers. Just when it gets interesting some damn alien comes from behind and I have to let it past. Then I totally effed up. As a result I couldn't take advantage of said alien while he was passing the other slowpoke.

Still all in all nice racing. Thank you very much for organising and another thank you to the other drivers for joining.
I had a lot of fun once again, thanks de Souza!

(This time I put enough fuel and didnt press shift G!)
Yeh, thanks very much Eduardo, was great fun!

I managed to qualify 2nd which I was really pleased with, losing out to pole by about 0.16s.

First race, and I knew the quali set I used wouldn't last. So I had to cobble one together quickly and use that and hope that that would make it. Turned out to be a big mistake, the car handled like a pile of crap and I was almost a second a lap off my quali pace. After starting second, I lost a place off the start to Karolis after missing a gear change. Then, Karolis and I touched and I got sent flying off the track into the barriers. I managed to rejoin in 8th but couldn't catch the two guys infront of me due to struggling with massive understeer. Finished 8th.

Second race, and reverse grid. I *think* I started around 10th, can't quite remember. I had some really quick guys behind me and knew that if I wanted to do well I'd have to get through the slower traffic as fast as possible. I managed to gain about 3 places in the first lap, then another 3 or 4 in the next couple of laps after than and by about lap 3 I was in 3rd and had some clear track infront of me. This time I was using Dave's set (thanks mate) and it was much, much better. I was slowly catching up with Bean0 infront of me, and also knew it would only be a matter of time before some quicker guys behind filtered their way through the traffic. A few laps in and Dave came flying past, tried to keep behind him but that didn't work. Another couple of laps and I passed Bean0, putting me into 3rd. As the race went on, I was ever so slowly catching Eisbaer and we seemed to be putting in pretty consistent times with each other. By the end I was a little over a second behind, but it would have taken me a few laps to make up that time. Dave stormed away as usual and put everyone else to shame.

Thanks very much all, great racing!
That was great racing today; the most fun I've had in LFS for quite a while. Thanks du,
Thanks everyone for joining, had a lot of fun! Special thanks to Concept Racing for taking half of the grid - without you the racing wouldn't have been so intense!

I have the replays of the races and stats here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mhv4yc (yes, no qualify)

My races were like this:

Sprint: 12 and a half laps chasing Laudi, 2 and a half laps defending from Laudi.

Feature: madness! 3-wides, lots of ups and downs, green cars everywhere, wrecked my 2 teammates, overtook a lot of cars and was overtaken by a lot of others. The most intense 20 laps I've ever had. The last 10 laps were rubbish.
Was a great event, thanks for that

Being nudged by and nudging other green cars was fun!

And Lars managed to repeat his IGTC success by flipping in the sprint race and throwing tires at me

Sprint race was great, started to feel the car nicely, haven't got a lot of experience in the LX's. So I was pleased with my 1.25.11

All hell broke loose in the feature race Mistake after mistake, and I was back to my original position far far down the grid. On some occasions the set became sooo understeery that I lost heaps of time when going onto the back straight. Managed to put a wheel on grass after lap 18 or something, on the finish straight, which sent me off spinning into the wall. Massive damage, spec.

After specing the 1:23 guys for the rest of the race, I realized I was doing, well, everything wrong, wrong lines, wrong acceleration points
And stickshifting my MOMO was fun but exhausting

Looking forward to the next race
Once again: Thank you Eduardo for organizing this. It was great fun even though I lacked practice and was spinning all over the place. I still had some Concept Racing guys to fight with at the rear (you guys were everywhere ).
Du, thanks for getting the stats up, really enjoyed browsing through them! Nice one.
Looking forward to next time .

Souza's Random Races #3: LX4 @ BL1R, February 22nd 2009
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG