The online racing simulator
Good games for LAN?
(26 posts, started )
Good games for LAN?
We're gonna have a little "lan-party" with my friends and I thought about asking this.
Can you recommend us some funny games for LAN mp use? Preferably FPS games, new or old.

We don't want anything serious or superior, just something to have a good laugh about.

Maybe you know some forgotten gems?

We already have:
CS 1.5, 1.6 and Source.
HL1 & 2
Unreal Tournament
Serious Sam 2 (don't recommend the first one)
Crysis
STALKER
Far Cry 1 & 2
GTA IV
GTA SAMP
Left 4 Dead
LFS (of course)
Contrack Jack, No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
rFactor
Swat 4
Warsow
All Battlefields (I think)
Almost all NFS'es.
Vietcong
Team Fortress 1 & 2
Red Orchestra

Please tell me if you can recommend something. And oh, no RPG/RTS (whatsoever) games.

We have a lot of games but lately we haven't discovered anything new and funny so something more could spice it up.

Thanks.
The warcraft 3 funmaps (td, and such, not dota^^) are always worth a lough.
Thanks for the tip, but sorry, like I said, no RTS games. We just don't like them.
LFS is pretty damn good when all of your friends got a steering wheel. Lot of zoom-zoom in the basement when we do it over here.
Best LAN game is probably Age of Empires 3 or some sort of FPS game, everyone loves FPS games. L4D is probably the best for smaller groups of up to 4. For anything over, TF2, CSS etc will do just as well!
#6 - Woz
Quake3, Not sure if quake live supports lan?

If you dont have Q3 you can get Open Arena for free

Old game but pure class
Black Hawk Down? CS:S mods like GunGame etc (require setting up first).

You seem to have a fairly comprehensive list TBH, really you want to pick 2 or 3 good ones and have some proper games with them rather than chopping and changing about.

Half the time with LAN parties is spent pissing around with networks and servers, in the end my mates and I thought right we'll get it sorted properly and got ourselves a tidy 24 port Netgear switch and a dedicated box. Everyones wired, everyone knows what they're doing, more time for gaming
Thanks for the tips. We already have Gungame, but usually don't play that during LAN, but in public servers.

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down seems interesting.

I think we used to play some of the Quake games, but that 3: Arena is on the "maybe" list now.

Only two of us own steering wheel, so I don't think I'm going to bring it with me this time.

Oh and btw we also have TF 1 & 2.

I did some research and we're gonna try Flatout and Rainbow Six 3 this time. But keep them coming, your tips may get useful in future LANs.

We have a good amount of games, but usually we tend to pick 2-4 ones that feel good at the time. I bet that GTA IV + Flatout + Rainbow Six 3 and maybe something familiar like CS1.6 is our combo this time. Something new is always good to spice it up.

BTW we usually don't have that much problem with the "networking". But sometimes we have used maybe 6 hours or something to make the bloody rF work.
Usually we have nicely time for proper playing, but after all we usually end up screwing around in different FPS games, ie. fist or knife fight sometimes makes the most of the time. At least during the morning hours after no sleep it can be surprisingly entertaining to do just the stupid stuff. Games like GTA SAMP and GTA IV leave lots of space for the imagination and so usually the "who has most scores" gaming kinda leaves the room.
#9 - Vain
Soldat.

Vain
Quake Live.

Can you make your own private servers on that yet?
age of empires III is pretty fun...
#12 - Woz
Quote from Crashgate3 :Quake Live.

Can you make your own private servers on that yet?

I have been impressed with QuakeLive so far. Just home RA3 gets ported
CS 1.6 and go surf to surf_ski NOW!!!
I haven't tried Quake Live, but I don't think it should work in closed LAN network?

BTW it's interesting how people keep coming up with the Age Of Empires when I multiple times said that no RTS please.

I think we also have some surf maps on CS1.6, but we usually haven't been so fond on them.
Well a pretty nice, Team Fortress-like, shooter game would be Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Medieval II Total War
TrackMania
1nsane
F1 Challenge
Call Of Duty 1,2,3,4,5
Dirt,Grid
Synergy (HL2 HL2:ep1 ep2 and those ONLINE)
AOE2 (Age of empires)
But 3 was better! :sadbanana
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But 3 was better! :sadbanana

Sorry, but 2 is actually the better aoe game from the feel.
What? you forgotten a game called ...
Carmageddon 2
Carmageddon 2000 TDR
Flatout 1
Flatout 2
atomic Bomberman (most fun game ever) you must play this.
Worms
Crashdays
Soilder of fourtune
Gear of war
Starcraft
WoW, when everyone starts a new char (demo accounts), was fun connecting 8 people with a single DSL 2000 line
FlatOut 1, do the demolition derby lol.
#24 - VoiD
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :FlatOut 1, do the demolition derby lol.

Any flatout game on the party mode. Shoot your ragdoll character towards a target or into a basket is epic fun!

Good games for LAN?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG