The online racing simulator
BMW F1 = Sony = PS3 = $$$?
(45 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :wonder what Biggie will do with his new car?

Well, you will have to win races for this and qualify while other cars are on the track...
What about Leipzig, the place to be when it comes down to games and more. Just thinking about the in August upcoming Games Convention 2006.

Nothing less then the Racing Challenge powered by Fujitsu Siemens and organized by OCRANA based on the LFS-Demo was actually started there last year. So I think there is no better place to hold the Intel Racing Tour Finals right there, the centre for gaming in Europe.
Quote from Lampost22 :What about Leipzig, the place to be when it comes down to games and more. Just thinking about the in August upcoming Games Convention 2006.

Nothing less then the Racing Challenge powered by Fujitsu Siemens and organized by OCRANA based on the LFS-Demo was actually started there last year. So I think there is no better place to hold the Intel Racing Tour Finals right there, the centre for gaming in Europe.

You, as german, should read on www.intel.de/racingtour to see, that finals are planned in Ferbruary 2007. So there will be a stop of the IRT at Leipzig, but that's about all.
Somehow I feel this will lead to even more Germans in LFS and I mean percentage-wise*. Couldn't you run all your contests in other countries (like Poland for example ) ?

* - do we have an up-to-date license pie? I can't even find the old one
Quote from maczo :* - do we have an up-to-date license pie? I can't even find the old one

Seems to have gone missing from LFSW.
This is gonna be interesting. We need someone to scope out the conditions at one of the first events (equipment, setups etc.). Anyone in Munich or Frankfurt?
Quote from ajp71 :Seems to have gone missing from LFSW.

Found it: racers database->stats
But how do I know when it's been updated?
LFSworld is (virtually) realtime, so the pie is also.
Quote from Vykos69 :Yesterday evening on GIGA the projectmanager announced the Intel Racing Tour. This tour will have events throughout whole germany until Feb. 07.

Main price is a BMW M6. On those events you can play the BF1 in some cockpits and qualify for the final event. The online game on the site is a flash-based game and has nothing to do with the Tour-game, which is LFS.

The projectmanager also said, that there wont be a free copy with the BF1, but it will be in the game and everyone can buy the game and practice at home.

So the bottom line: intel has a game that needs skill for their Racing Tour, and LFS has the BF1. As incognito said, that's a win/win situation.

Has the track to be used for the event been announced? :3
#36 - AJS
Quote from csimpok ::wtf2: Add Hungarian cities! :ambulance

If i were you i would check if its for german citizens only (i did not found any info). If not get a cheap flight ticket and go for qualify ! I mean you have a good chance of winning a BMW M6 !!!

otherwise plan B :

If you go for Munich or Nürnberg just grow a mustache and hide behind a big glas of wheat beer. Greet everyone with "Servus !" like at home. Nobody will notice anything, promised !
this is good and bad. Good,More people will come. Bad, more bad people will come.
Quote from Rappa Z :this is good and bad. Good,More people will come. Bad, more bad people will come.

If you mean to LFS, I tend to agree. Great for the devs, but think of all the noobs jumping on line in the F1. Talk about T1 Chaos.

I'm more or less joking, but definatly a good time to have adminstrative rights over a server for a bit. Either that or include a Doom mode.
A literal DOOM mode....with pistols and lasers, et al.
Wow.

Well, I'll be in Cologne in September for an academy, and I'll probably spend another week traveling through germany and nearby countries... I'm definately going to find where that event will be and will try some laps (and of course, practice 100,000 miles with the BF1 before that. lol)

[ ]'s
If it still has a horn like the other cars, using it and rolling burnouts past the T1 spinners will be an LFS teabag.
Think I will join that event in Munich coming Saturday. Hopefully the patch will be released on Friday so I can do some practise laps before at home...
Quote from Vykos69 :You, as german, should read on www.intel.de/racingtour to see, that finals are planned in Ferbruary 2007. So there will be a stop of the IRT at Leipzig, but that's about all.

ah, ok. didn't see the finals but just this:

Datum Event Ort 22. April Intel® Racing TourOlympiapark,
München ab 10:00 Uhr 29. April Intel® Racing TourMain Taunus Zentrum,
Frankfurt ab 10.00 Uhr 05. Mai Intel® Racing TourHamburg 12. Mai Intel® Racing TourNürnberg 19. Mai Intel® Racing TourMünchen 26. Mai Intel® Racing TourKöln 09. Juni - 11. Juni Intel® Racing TourKöln 17. Juni - 25. Juni Intel® Racing TourKiel 29. Juni - 01. Juli Intel® Racing TourHamburg

Weitere Termine folgen.

I think it is kinda bad, that they actually just stop in the "west" and nowhere near somthing in between or even "east". Not even Berlin is considered worth stopping and this as the capitol of Germany. illepall Nürnberg is probably the most "eastern" city though. Maybe some of us can make it there.
But maybe more Dates will follow as it is mentioned below that table. *still-hoping*

cya

[/B][/B][/B][/B]
that aint all of the planned 30 stops, as projectmanager of the tour told on giga-tv on tuesday
since you are german, you should know what "Weitere Termine folgen." means
Quote from inCogNito :since you are german, you should know what "Weitere Termine folgen." means

what do you think did the following quote mean???

"But maybe more Dates will follow as it is mentioned below that table. *still-hoping*"

It should indicate that I got it "though" its in german.

BMW F1 = Sony = PS3 = $$$?
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG