The online racing simulator
Utility which mutes mic?
(5 posts, started )
Utility which mutes mic?
Hi, I got a new headset for my birthday, all in all it's a good headset, but one minor downside to it is the fact it doesn't have a mic 'on' and 'off' setting, is their a utility whichyou can bind to mute a microphone, I know there's JBindX which binds push to talk to other keybinds but is their such utility which mutes the mic and unmutes it?

Regards,
-Daniel.
I know one, it's a Volume control panel in Windows, you can mute it there
Oh yeah I've heard of that one too -_-,

I mean one that can do it while in a game. I would have thought you of all people would use your head?
I think that any shortcut-key program could do that. I used one program to control my very default keyboard also to use volume control. See this thread for more - what i did
Right, Hazaky has found the application which I can use to set the macro, I've now found a utility which allows me to code the macro. I googled a bit and found a site and found this:
"
; BASIC EXAMPLES:
SoundSet, 50 ; Set the master volume to 50%
SoundSet +10 ; Increase master volume by 10%
SoundSet -10 ; Decrease master volume by 10%
SoundSet, 1, Microphone, mute ; mute the microphone
SoundSet, +1, , mute ; Toggle the master mute (set it to the opposite state)
SoundSet, +20, Master, bass ; Increase bass level by 20%.
if ErrorLevel
MsgBox, The BASS setting is not supported for MASTER. "

I know that if I goto the sound settings > Mic > Recording and mute it in here, it does what I want to do but does anyone have any idea what the code would be to mute it through the recording option for the mic? Thanks.

Regards,
-Daniel

Utility which mutes mic?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG