The online racing simulator
G25 suggestions
(8 posts, started )
G25 suggestions
Hello. I wanted to buy g25 but i listened from one friend it is defecting. H shifter sometimes gets to neutral, wheel sometime turns left ... What u can say me about your g25 is it quality or ...
I've played with G25 over a year with no problems so far. Don't really have anything bad to say about it
#3 - smove
Same here for more than two years now. Absolutely no problems!
Are u guys using h shift?
I've had mine for 2 and a half years and I've had no problems with it, until recently. The shifter sometimes starts to act up, both in sequential mode and H-gate mode.

In sequential mode it will sometimes shift on even the slightest touch of my hand - and I really mean a slight touch - sometimes several gears at once, very rapidly. This is obviously very annoying if you're in a close race. Only happens on upshifts.

In H-gate mode sometimes it just "jumps" out of gear, mostly when I'm in second gear. For example when I'm taking a corner in second gear, it will suddenly just jump to neutral in the game, although the stick will still appear to be in second. I then have to give it a little pull and it'll shift back to 2nd in the game, so I'm guessing it's a faulty contact wire or something.

These problems come and go, though. However, it is no secret that the shifter on the G25 is by far its weakest point. I'll buy a better seperate shifter when I've got some spare cash and more time to spend racing.

All in all, though, I'd say the G25 really is great value for money. Keep in mind that I've used it frequently for 2 years with no problems whatsoever.
i killed my shifter after a year or so of owning it. I think I was too hard on it sometimes however. I could have gotten it replaced, but i broke warranty by opening it up. Everything else works very well, I now use an act-labs shifter with it that, which is quite nice.
Overall, I would say G25 is good product.
I have mine for about a year now. I had small problem with buttons on Steering wheel when they refused to work randomly, but it was easily fixed by unpluging and repluging their sockets back under the steering wheel. I wouldn't call that a problem tbh...
g25 is great, build quality is fine if you treat it correctly.

my shifter messes around hand has for some time but i have abused it
and my wheel is a little noisey because my dad was having a go on lfs(sp) and went to get out like he would in a real car, pulling the steering wheel and i think he damaged the bearings.
both of these are more down to use more than anything, the only other slight trouble is the force feedback is slightly(a couple degrees) off centre but like i said i have used it alot so its not really suprising

G25 suggestions
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG