The online racing simulator
The end of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
(18 posts, started )
Falcon 4.0 is all you need.
#3 - 5haz
Its time for a replacement, hopefully something based on the IL2 game engine.
il2 engine wasnt good... at realistic mode were planes more realistic than in real but im really sad from FS it was 2nd greatest simulator i played in my life R.I.P But FS 2004 is still here
#6 - JJ72
well, great news since people can stop trying to keep up with its ridiculous hardware requirement now.

FSX will go for some good years I am certain.
#8 - 5haz
Like I said in the other thread, things get a lot more interesting and a lot less sad if you throw in some stuff that blows up when you shoot at it.
IL2 was the shit though, infact, it still is. The engine for IL2 is amazing. FS engine is crappy I think, you just feel like you are sitting infront of a 2d panel with a moving landscape (which is sure enough what pretty much ALL games are, when you simplify them, but you should FEEL that, you should feel the realism)
#10 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :IL2 was the shit though, infact, it still is. The engine for IL2 is amazing. FS engine is crappy I think, you just feel like you are sitting infront of a 2d panel with a moving landscape (which is sure enough what pretty much ALL games are, when you simplify them, but you should FEEL that, you should feel the realism)

Yes, in IL2 you can hear the plane creek as you pull Gs, and the sound you get when an ME peppers you from behind is scarily real, IL2 makes you feel like you're flying a plane, FS feels numb and detached, the atmospheric effects in IL2 are amazing as well, I love flying about in the early morning with a red sunrise and loads of dense fog in all the valleys, sometimes looks quite beautiful.
Quote from 5haz :Yes, in IL2 you can hear the plane creek as you pull Gs, and the sound you get when an ME peppers you from behind is scarily real, IL2 makes you feel like you're flying a plane, FS feels numb and detached, the atmospheric effects in IL2 are amazing as well, I love flying about in the early morning with a red sunrise and loads of dense fog in all the valleys, sometimes looks quite beautiful.

Haven't got a good enough computer to do that, but I'll still agree... :P The modelling of the planes is always unrivaled in my opinion, what good is it when you have to download well modelled planes for a flightsimulator? Defeats the point, especially when some are even Payware....
I'm I the only one who justified playing a flight sim so that in case of a 1970's type plane film disaster were to occur while I was flying then I could calmly and safely take over the controls, land the plan and be hailed the hero....
This comment made me laugh on the BBC website I'm pretty sure my 14 yr old daughter thinks the same of me.

My dad is a geek, (sorry, simmer) and has been for about 8 years (A simmer for 8 years that is - he's been a geek for as long as I can remember). I do understand to a degree the enjoyment you can get out of this as it is fairly realistic, but you have to draw the line at keeping files of every flight you have done as my Dad does and staying up doing a four hour flight when most of it is on auto-pilot and you are just staring at a cockpit and a lot of sky outside. My dad tells me the weather is in real-time, but to be honest that doesn't sway me. My Dad's obsession with this game (although I can't say it's a game to my Dad or he goes crackers) and incessant drivel about its merits have put myself and my family off the flight sim forever.
John T, Sheffield
ROFL!!!! funny
Shhh... Just between you and me I think my wife is plotting to kill my computer.
My wife isn't plotting behind my back, she flat out told me she was going to throw it out the window. I told her the TV and DVR will be following right behind. That shut her up, hehe.
lol and u earned money for it
i liked Fs shame , cos trying to land a 747 upside down into valencia Airport is quite fun

i wasent upside down on purpose , just i cant fly

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG