The online racing simulator
Hi Jatko
I was on the NDR server tonight and yes it was pretty crazy - at least at the back, where I usually am. I've just been setting up Airio on my own server and there are some settings in there which look like they could automate a lot of the process of weeding out problem drivers for you, I think it can even detect and spectate overly slow drivers, blue-flag-ignorers and wild crashers, have a look in the .fil.txt file. Personally I find the bad language distracting too but that's probably just me - but with such huge fields of cars and people waiting to race, if you could get as much automated as possible it will avoid you having to set up any more "limads" than you need. Just a thought
Quote from modelmotorracing :Hi Jatko
I was on the NDR server tonight and yes it was pretty crazy - at least at the back, where I usually am. I've just been setting up Airio on my own server and there are some settings in there which look like they could automate a lot of the process of weeding out problem drivers for you, I think it can even detect and spectate overly slow drivers, blue-flag-ignorers and wild crashers, have a look in the .fil.txt file. Personally I find the bad language distracting too but that's probably just me - but with such huge fields of cars and people waiting to race, if you could get as much automated as possible it will avoid you having to set up any more "limads" than you need. Just a thought

Heya.

Yeah thanks for that, I do believe that we have the anti-wrecker thing set as ON, although in what I've seen its not actually stopped any wreckers, just innocent people so far...

I might get the swear filter going cos it does get a bit tense on there sometimes, and I'd prefer not to have loads of swearing.

The "Driving slowly" and "Wrong-way" spectate functions are on [and have hit a few innocent victims] and save me having to watch everyone all the time

And please, if you see a wrecker, report them!
Queue position: 8 :eye-poppi
I'm almost 20 mins trying to connect in the server with Queue position: 1. I think the server crashed. Firstly I was stuck on boxes screen and then I quit the game using Ctrl+alt+del and could not join it again.
same =/
Did it break?
It's back.
Yah there appears to be some lag issues. I've re-booted the server
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
I'll be doing some editing in the Airio config tonight to update the swear filter...recieved a PM complaint about it.

I'll also do some stuff about blue flags and shite too.

d
oh noez 1 person complained about swearing!

Tell them to go away!
Quote from modelmotorracing :Hi Jatko
I was on the NDR server tonight and yes it was pretty crazy - at least at the back, where I usually am.

The following is for everyone that complains about "noobs" at the back and not just the poster I have quoted.

Personally I have had the most fun on this server starting from the back. If I move my way up the grid to what seems to be my average placing (around 10th) I find I'm racing on my own most of the time trying to catch up the next guy. If I start from the back (or drive slowly to one side at the start as I haven't sussed how to start at the back yet) I have a much more fun race.

Yes you get knocked about a bit, sometimes off, but I just take that as a challenge to get back up to a similar position before the end of the race.

In my opinion, most of the drivers at the back are just as good sportsman (trying to stay clean) as the guys at the front, they are just not as good and consistant so more mistakes are made.
Can anybody change the track? 42 Races done already.
Quote from menantoll :Yes you get knocked about a bit, sometimes off, but I just take that as a challenge to get back up to a similar position before the end of the race.

Maybe once or twice, yes, but in 5 consecutive races? You can't tell me that that's fun.
Quote from Andrei221 :Can anybody change the track? 42 Races done already.

Sorry - coming now.

I'll get rotating tracks done by the weekend, hopefully
We need admin ASAP. Track change + wreckers.
Quote from zeugnimod :
Quote from menantoll :
Yes you get knocked about a bit, sometimes off, but I just take that as a challenge to get back up to a similar position before the end of the race.

Maybe once or twice, yes, but in 5 consecutive races? You can't tell me that that's fun.

No I'd say that's unlucky. I don't think I've ever had that much bad luck at the back. Maybe it's you
I wasn't talking about me. And I actually just realized that I use that very same arguement myself when I see a thread moaning about bad driving.

Anyway, the server will be used for KY 250 practice in 1 or 2 hours, right? Will it stay private for the whole weekend and a new points competition (hopefully with TBOs ) will start on Monday or will the server be public again between the practice sessions and the race?

Oh, and don't forget to put a screen of the final results on your page.
Quote from zeugnimod :
Anyway, the server will be used for KY 250 practice in 1 or 2 hours, right? Will it stay private for the whole weekend and a new points competition (hopefully with TBOs ) will start on Monday or will the server be public again between the practice sessions and the race?

Depends a little on how fast bank transfers are.
Quote from hyntty :Depends a little on how fast bank transfers are.

The server will be private from probably a bit before the start of Kyoto 250 Practice 15 [0100 GMT on Saturday] until at least the completion of Kyoto 250 Quali, ~1800 GMT on Sunday.

We'll start a new [TBO] comp either Sunday evening or Monday
Quote from J@tko :We'll start a new [TBO] comp either Sunday evening or Monday

Kyoto 250 practice is over, so the server is now open again
I tried NDR server today and it is awesome
I love TBO class, so it was my first choice when I saw about 20 players connected. On the server I found friednly racers and short races, which I prefer. NDR is now #1 server for me.
Quote from zeugnimod :Maybe once or twice, yes, but in 5 consecutive races? You can't tell me that that's fun.

lol +1

I did my first race in this server (first race also on the current combo) today, and I liked it a lot. Some pretty close races in there.
Keep up the good work
Attached images
enb2009_2_26_23_13_22.jpg
enb2009_2_26_23_14_13.jpg
enb2009_2_26_23_18_8.jpg
enb2009_2_26_23_3_20.jpg

NDR Public Racing - OPEN NOW
(353 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG