The online racing simulator
Free MMORPG's
(19 posts, started )
Free MMORPG's
Hi,

I've recently gotten into rpg games on the pc, specifically Nostale. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any other good games I can try. I don't really like the WOW style view and control system, so a top down view is better. Oh and don't say Runescape!

Also don't flame me for liking these games, each to his own ey!

Cheers,
Jack
all I can saw in support is thank god you're not a WOWfag
Ragnarok isn't free. Oh how I miss those beta days when it was though.
Stay away from korean MMOs unless you like mindless grinding.

Some "free" games are also free to play, but have other ways to get your cash. Believe it or not, people are paying real money for upgrading their character's equipment.
Just play in a LFS Cruise server. You can relate the constant cruisng to get monies as "grinding", police being "monsters", and that new shiny car purchase every couple of hours as a "level-up".
what does MMORPG stand for? All I know is that all the adds make it look nerdy.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :what does MMORPG stand for? All I know is that all the adds make it look nerdy.

mass multiplayer online role playing game... kinda like lfs...

1 wreaker takes the lead and everyone else bitchs and moans...

somewhat role playing no ?
If you want a browser racing one, this is very good! Dunno if it's quite what you're looking for, but meh. It's not a flash/java etc thing if you know what I mean, it's text-based, but I enjoy it! It's a bit like batracer, but it feels more fast-paced. Races are coming in a couple of months, only competitive practice sessions now, but it's great that way, as it's still fast paced and competitive, but doesn't take up that much time.

http://www.pitstopboss.org/
Quote from Inouva :The best free

Archlord , Ragnarok Online , Cabal

Check this sites

http://mmohub.org/
http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Free-MMORPG?sort=&dir=&data
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadnews=7337&bhcp=1

Enjoy

Talking rubbish girl...

Archlord - Its free, but if you want to hunt down the Archlord on ur server and become one your self, be prepared to buy uber epic items for real money. If you dont do that, your basically a scrub in game. Everyone is going to one-shot you.

Ragnarok - Aint free as far as i know

Cabal - Great game for 1 week or so..... After that it becomes extremely boring cos of the "overgrind".....

I myself play WoW and sometimes turn on EvE-Online. Yes go call me a fag or whatever for playing WoW, but its a game i enjoy and see nothing wrong..... We could call you all fags for playing LFS actually..... If you know your limits, WoW is just another game and does nothing wrong.
Quote from Timdpr :If you want a browser racing one, this is very good! Dunno if it's quite what you're looking for, but meh. It's not a flash/java etc thing if you know what I mean, it's text-based, but I enjoy it! It's a bit like batracer, but it feels more fast-paced. Races are coming in a couple of months, only competitive practice sessions now, but it's great that way, as it's still fast paced and competitive, but doesn't take up that much time.

http://www.pitstopboss.org/

it's free right? It does sound interesting .
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :it's free right? It does sound interesting .

Completely! There will be certain features in the future that you may have to pay for, by becoming a 'supporter' but it isn't implemented now. You will be able to earn supporter status by paying, referrals (free!), and you may earn it by playing before it is implemented, so start now!
Quote from mookie427 :all I can saw in support is thank god you're not a WOWfag

Easy on the assaults simfag.
Quote from mcintyrej :Hi,

I've recently gotten into rpg games on the pc, specifically Nostale. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any other good games I can try. I don't really like the WOW style view and control system, so a top down view is better. Oh and don't say Runescape!

Also don't flame me for liking these games, each to his own ey!

Cheers,
Jack

Well Jack, it depends mate. You have the obvious ones like WOW (obviously you've heard of it) and Everquest, and the less obvious one such as Maplestory (which I used to play). You'll rarely find a 'free' MMO game. Most are 'free' apart from the cool accessories everyone else has, and upgrades that make your game easier to play, such as faster leveling and better chances of cool-ness. Best bet for you would to stick to a browser based one as they seem to be more free and suit your style of play, although I can't make any suggestions!
Quote from Crommi :Believe it or not, people are paying real money for upgrading their character's equipment.

You mean like from the XR GT to the GT Turbo ?
Maybe knight online if u like turks but it is going down
Quote from Mattesa :Ragnarok isn't free. Oh how I miss those beta days when it was though.

Yes it´s free , Server Valkyria from IRO now is totaly free (IRO = International Ragnarok Online)

I been playing Ragnarok online sinse 10 years or 9 years , in NO-oficial Server , but working with Aegis Server , in the 3 best server of latino america ( ImperiunRo , Hi-end , Atlantis ) But now IRO is free as long you live , the only cons , is the update take 4 month more that the iRO Premium Server , so is very great , also they are implementing the Micro Pay sistem , like the Other MMORPG
http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/download/download.asp

Lineage 2 Gracia II , you can download the game and search for some "Free" server , working with Java or the other system L2J

They are plenty of Good server free out there , So good as the Official L2 server

Archlord is "Good" , the Leveling system is Kinda Slow , but the "ARCHLORD" system bring that "Special" feature to the game , aslo is maked from the dev of Codemaster , the game hass a great and stunning GFX ,Not like L2 , but very close

@Niko
Talisman Online is "Good" but fail in one thing , the game es 90% quest and the Quest system is realy stupid for lazy ppl , You click the quest log , look the "Monster you need kill" click and the character go alone

I have a SinX lvl 55 and the game took boring also i have a wizz lvl 33 and is crap

The only good it hass is the rewards you got when you complete the quest , Give you ekip weapons and other good stuff , You dont depends 100% of money to have the Top equip
also the game use the Micro-pay economi

Cabal is Great and have a very interesting PVP system but the game is only for EEUU and Canada

You can also can try s4 lague , Is like gunz , but more balanced and better gfx also is totaly free
Can't find any decent video's of Nostale gameplay although this one is okay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... al2tM&feature=related

I like that sort of view, the top down 3d rotating viewness. I also love the simple graphics, I reckon Nostale is like "the lfs" of free mmorpg's, its got the gameplay and simple graphics - all the others concentrate on looking pretty and having complicated menus and everything.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who has refrained from making silly comments - I'm proud of you all!
Why no-one mention Anarchy Online?
By far the best choise you have got compared to the other games listed. Oh and btw about crap graphics - in the summer the graphic engine will be updated to DX9, so it will soon look better

Free MMORPG's
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG