The online racing simulator
Wireless connection
(7 posts, started )
Wireless connection
Is it OK to use wireless? - ive read that post and it didnt really help me out , ive had a look using the search and couldnt find an answer so...

Im on wireless cause i cant run a wire. Thing is, during game im suffering from a high ping but on the wireless thing in the task bar it says ive got an excellent signal strength. If it said slow id come to the conclusion that it was that, but it isn't so what else could it be and what could i do to make it better?
I use wireless and it runs, I get no lag on NDR when it's full (or any other server, for that matter) and I'm only on 1mb AOL.
if your having what you call lag spikes do this

Ok so start, run then type in services.msc then scroll to bottom and find
wireless zero configuration, right click and hit stop. what this does, it stops looking for connections to join to every 60 secs, what cause the spiking, and if you come offline you'll need to re-enable that to reconnect.
S14 have you just come here to ostentate?

Right i tried that but it seems it is already disabled. That description 'lag spikes' is very fitting. Its ok for abit then every so often the cars disappear and reappear.

Ive bought some new house phones, could that be anything to do with it?
Quote from D.Zanetti :S14 have you just come here to ostentate?

Right i tried that but it seems it is already disabled. That description 'lag spikes' is very fitting. Its ok for abit then every so often the cars disappear and reappear.

Ive bought some new house phones, could that be anything to do with it?

What router do you have? And yeah I came to show off my 1mb AOL.
The router is a Netgear DG834G and my wireless adapter is a Belkin G USB.

Maybe somebody near me has their wireless setup on the same channel, would that cause interference?

Its just abit crap because i cant have a good race on LFS now, in the owrl i started 3rd on grid, by the second corner i was last cause i got sent flying by the stupid lag
Try using a Netgear wireless adaptor. I have a DG834PN and a WPN111 adaptor and it's working well! You should try different channels and different security methods, some don't get on with the interference. But yeah, it should be fine mate.

Wireless connection
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG