The online racing simulator
Recommend an Oval Sim Please
(27 posts, started )
Due to my having to race offline at the moment I was wondering if anyone can reommend an Oval sim. The basic idea is for me to learn what Oval racing/ stok car raing is all about so I don't feel like a complete twat when trying out stock car racing on another online only sim when I eventually get back online again.

I've heard that Nasar 2003 is the best one but seems to cost an arm and a leg on ebay. Is there any others I should look at?

Thanks for any help
#2 - 5haz
Yeah get Nascar 2003, the physics are updated from GPL and are excellent, although youll find the cars very heavy and truck like, especially on road courses. Just dont buy the last remaining copy of Amazon because I want it.

I love that sim, but now my disc is corrupted.
#3 - th84
If you can afford it and haven't tried it already, give IRacing a try. The oval racing is excellent and almost identical to NR2003.
I'm not paying £75 for second hand.

Any others sims that are worth a try?

Edit: Hehe I have iRacing and all the content....just can't race it due to internet at the moment, hence why I want to try out another sim to practise offline for iRacing while my kin internet is down
I have a copy of N2003 lying around, a couple of scratches, but still works fine. Name your price.
Quote from DarkTimes :I have a copy of N2003 lying around, a couple of scratches, but still works fine. Name your price.

2 pence and a Mars Bar?? LOL

Well come on ask a Scotsman to name his price

Do you have paypal mate? I will give you £40 for it?

Edit: Has anyone tried ARCA sim racing? Some reviews say it's great but some hardened sim raers think the opposite....so I'm confused.
Yeah, I have a PayPal donations page setup for payments for my web sites, so that's not a problem. I looked it out there. It's boxed, with the original manual, and a valid CD key. I can take some photos of it if you need. £40 would be awesome. Let me install it to check the disc is working correctly and I'll get back to you, as it's been many years since I used it last, and it would be shit if I sold it to you and it had stopped working.
Why is this game so much money? What's so diffrent
Quote from Racer325 :Why is this game so much money? What's so diffrent

It's a classic, one of the best of all time. Only LFS and RBR are better.
Quote from DarkTimes :Yeah, I have a PayPal donations page setup for payments for my web sites, so that's not a problem. I looked it out there. It's boxed, with the original manual, and a valid CD key. I can take some photos of it if you need. £40 would be awesome. Let me install it to check the disc is working correctly and I'll get back to you, as it's been many years since I used it last, and it would be shit if I sold it to you and it had stopped working.

Darktimes you do realise that you could get more than £40 if you sold it on ebay. I have seen them go for more than £100?? I would hate to think I was ripping a fellow countryman off

Racer325 the reason it is so expensive is because you cannot buy it anymore mate and apparently it is the essential Nascar sim. Although I'm not that deperate to pay silly money for it
I never thought of selling it until I saw your post, I didn't even consider it would be worth anything, but seems like it is. To be honest, £40 for a disc that's been collecting dust in my cupboard for three years sounds pretty good to me. Plus it's good to know that it's going to a fellow sim enthusiast. It's yours if you want it.
I have Nascar 2003, and it is a must have. Can't believe I managed to get mine for under £30....all legit and in perfect condition. Trust a canny Scot to get a belter of a bargain
Quote from AlienT. :
Edit: Has anyone tried ARCA sim racing? Some reviews say it's great but some hardened sim raers think the opposite....so I'm confused.

ASR used the ISI engine (1st fail). It was supposedly all re-done blah blah, it wasn't (2nd fail). The community was plain horrible, I honestly couldn't stand them. The developers were always crabby, and never really fulfilled what they said they would do.

Physics wise it felt just like rFactor (not good). Car felt half way decent, but there was no feel FFB wise. Tracks felt as smooth as LFS (another fail), and were not accurate to the real life tracks they represented.

All in all, buying it is like throwing money in a fire.

NR2003 is your best bet for offline oval racing, nothing else comes close.

@Darktimes: You can't say LFS and RBR are better, but are AS good because they are all based on different style of racing.
Hehe Mackie

Darktimes if you're? can you pm me where I can paypal you mate. I will then PM you my address.

Meh i'll give you £50 for it anyway, so you can have an extra couple o beers

Edit: Oh and thanks for the advice PMT, much appreciated mate
Disc checks out. I've got it installed, but I can't get past the options screen as I don't have my wheel connected on this computer and it's demanding axis!

I'll send you a PM Alien.
PM sent.

This is awesome. Anyone interested in a original boxed copy of System Shock 2? Hehe, nah, I'd never part with that!
Coolios, should be all sorted.

Thanks for the deal Alex

Now anyone got any oval track maps, I'm not sure whether to go left or right

Hmm Oval.....I take it I just strap my G25 up at 45 deg, put a weight on my gas pedal, go to the pub and come home drunk to find I've won the race??
Just keep turning left and you'll be OK.
I think you can get nascar 2003 on play.com but nicer to get it from someone here - sorted
#20 - Woz
I have NR2k3 which I don't use. I will sell for 25UKP + p&p from NZ if someone wants.

PM if someone is interested and we will sort out
#21 - 5haz
Quote from AlienT. :
Hmm Oval.....I take it I just strap my G25 up at 45 deg, put a weight on my gas pedal, go to the pub and come home drunk to find I've won the race??

Try that at Martinsville.
#22 - th84
Or Bristol. :P
Quote from StableX :I think you can get nascar 2003 on play.com but nicer to get it from someone here - sorted

Andy??

Sod off!

Hehe only kidding, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get the sierra Nascar 2003 at play.com these days. I've done a fair bit of searching around and they are like hens teeth.

Where the heck did the saying hens teeth come from?

Edit: I have found Nascar for dummies book at play.com so I'm going to order it up
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Can't believe I managed to get mine for under £30....all legit and in perfect condition.

Bought mine in a closeout store right before I found LFS (2005) for $7 in the wrapper. When I found out a few days later that it was going on Ebay for around $90-100 at the time, I ran back to the store because they had hundreds of copies. They were all gone by the time I checked again. I could have made a killing.

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG