The online racing simulator
What would you say to
(36 posts, started )
This is what worries me about the BF1. LFS WILL become the best F1 simulator out there at the moment, and with that it will attact the type of person I'd rather not be associated with. They will have precious little idea of what LFS is all about, it's development ideals, and more importantly they won't (at least initially) have a love for LFS. I'm not saying we only want fan boys to play, but I think everyone that reads this post today will feel that LFS is more than just a computer game. But will the newcomers who are after their F1 fix?
Quote from tristancliffe :This is what worries me about the BF1. LFS WILL become the best F1 simulator out there at the moment, and with that it will attact the type of person I'd rather not be associated with. They will have precious little idea of what LFS is all about, it's development ideals, and more importantly they won't (at least initially) have a love for LFS. I'm not saying we only want fan boys to play, but I think everyone that reads this post today will feel that LFS is more than just a computer game. But will the newcomers who are after their F1 fix?

think we can expect a few of "i want real tracks in lfs" "why hasnt lfs got real cars" (except bf1, mrt, ra) threads popping up as newbies who previously played on real tracks come to lfs.... though you never know Tristan, it might be good, more hardcore simmers might now flock to lfs which should hopefully fill the lfs community with descent drivers but there will be the few who thought they were good drivers coming from f1c 99-02, gtr background untill they experience lfs for the first time and find out that its a whole new ballgame altogether!!... should be an interesting few months ahead!!
Quote from Tweaker :Maybe It'll be the first that has accuracy, because it sure as hell won't have a bunce of joy written all over it. You'll see

Think of LFS getting the credibility it deserves, but also explaining reasons why people would hate it, and the inside scoop why they are considered wrong by LFS fans Hard to explain, just wait and see.

awesome Does this mean ASS gets a small section for LFS from now on?

ps. Damn that "ASS" name is just so... ass.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Ah yes the oval. If it wasn't for the oval the race tracks would be populated by muppets. In that respect one of the greatest additions to LFS. In fact, it would be even better (i.e. attract more of the same) if that last corner was a touch easier.
I don't really care about the valid shortcomings of the game, but if he's going to criticize it, it might as well be accurate.
Ars is a rather high volume forum, and the more LFS players the merrier - does anyone want to make a good reply?
Quote from tristancliffe : I'm not saying we only want fan boys to play, but I think everyone that reads this post today will feel that LFS is more than just a computer game. But will the newcomers who are after their F1 fix?

Don't worry, we have plenty of cookies which will make the assimilation easier on them. They will be enlightened.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
his loss ...

its funny though how the only sims that feel remotely right (mostly through non-canned ffb) are those with relatively little content
Quote from Shotglass :
its funny though how the only sims that feel remotely right (mostly through non-canned ffb) are those with relatively little content

Little content in LFS? It has more content (in terms of number of cars and diversity) than nK or any of the Papy sims, which are its only rivals IMO.
Quote :think we can expect a few of "i want real tracks in lfs" "why hasnt lfs got real cars"

i've seen about 5 of those in a month
Quote from ajp71 :Little content in LFS? It has more content (in terms of number of cars and diversity) than nK or any of the Papy sims, which are its only rivals IMO.

i was mainly talking about lfs and nk which feels somewhat right as long as the car is pointing more or less in the right direction and sitting on the road right side up ... at least a lot better than isi

dont get me wrong lfs has quite a lot of content (albeit a lot of the tracks share most of the corners so its a bit repetitive) but the only games atm that give lfs a run for its money are the isi ones and nk
and at least the isi games easily win when it comes to content
I actually took the time to reply to his post.
30min I'll never get back.

What would you say to
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG