The online racing simulator
Anyone listening to brutal music?
(53 posts, started )
Explicit lyrics too. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.
I'm too old now... But I dont mind listening to Helmet, MOD, COC, Ministry, WHite Zombie, etc... probably not 'dark enough' compared to some of the speedmetal/deathmetal out there today
There's no age for music Robby! But sure I agree with you that I probably wont be listening to this anymore when I'm 38 too.
#5 - 5haz
I cannot help but laugh at the Melvins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwuvvKqzSe8

I'm really sorry, but I cannot listen to this kind of music for more than a second without creasing up. :hide:
Morning ladies,

I really love to angry music... sometimes even the brutal stuff posted above.
I've had the honor to be at one of the really rare cannibal corpse concerts, but again, like listening to ska bands, after you've listened to 5 songs in a row it all becomes a bit boring (yes, some bands really sound like "snarf graaaaawl shreddershreder graaaaawl" in every song).

chainway is my all time favourite local band. Their music is sometimes listed as "mathcore"... don't know why this is so. Probably because sometimes you have to count carefully not to miss a beat

Here's quite an old youtube vid that shows how funny this music can be :-)

now for the cheesy deep moose noise:

groooooootz

der boooooootz
ugh, its not a music
No mate, Christina Spears and Take This and Beyonce Furtado and Ricrappa is not music!
Go to a doctor already, you might die in 5 minutes.

Seriously, the instrumentals in those songs are fine most of the time but as soon as they start "singing" (:vomit I have to stop the song quite quickly.
Killswitch Engage / Children of bodom is about as far metal as i go
Quote :Explicit lyrics too. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.

Since when was "Grrrrrr brrrrrrrrl frrrrrrg ggrrrrrr gaaaaaaaa!!! rwwwwwwllll" explicit?

jk

THIS is about a heavy as i can comfortably take. I do actually quite enjoy this kinda stuff.
Just listening to it Kelvin...wow, sounds like Kyuss with an angry guy in front or the foo fighters with a proper singer :-)

More technical, but just as angry is "snot" (rip lynn), try that!

greetz

der butz
Quote from RobbyMac :I'm too old now... But I dont mind listening to Helmet, MOD, COC, Ministry, WHite Zombie, etc... probably not 'dark enough' compared to some of the speedmetal/deathmetal out there today

Same with me, although I like this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNdlM4O7XIA

Not death metal, but it can definitively be described as "brutal".
Quote from der butz :No mate, Christina Spears and Take This and Beyonce Furtado and Ricrappa is not music!

Quote from der butz :
now for the cheesy deep moose noise:

groooooootz

der boooooootz

Made my day... LOL!
Quote from 5haz :I cannot help but laugh at the Melvins.

You shall not disgruntle King Buzzo
Attached images
buzzo.jpg
Iron Maiden, In Flames, Avenged Sevenfold, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom..

The list is long, but that is some of my favorites. Not sure if they are classified as Metall, maybe more like powermetall / melodic metall, but it's "hard" in hip-hop peoples eyes.
I do, I can even understand the lyrics by the 3rd or so listen :P

I've lots of it in my collection, I can't say that it is my favorite genre but I enjoy it.

I know that it is an acquired taste and a lot of people do not consider it music, but then again considering something "not music" is a common stance by a lot of people who have a very narrow sub-set of music that they will listen too, whereas me I love all forms of music and i'm not ashamed of that.
Quote from zeugnimod :Seriously, the instrumentals in those songs are fine most of the time but as soon as they start "singing" (:vomit I have to stop the song quite quickly.

Same. Music like this really annoys me, there are brilliant riffs, guitar pieces, solos etc, I would happily buy an album of just the guitar bits, but then the 'singing' comes in...'Grrrrrr brrrrrrrrl frrrrrrg ggrrrrrr gaaaaaaaa!!! rwwwwwwllll' as GFresh put it! Grrrrrraaaaaaaaawwwwwwwllllllgggghrrrrnnnnggggg!
I sometimes listen ministry, nothing more than that though.
All shall perish - There is no ... be done on a dead planet

The drumming in that song kills babys with lollypops

Winds of Plague - Decimate the weak

Snyth anyone? (lowquality tbh)

Black Dahlia Murder - Hymn for the wretched

Mayswell add this to:

Amon Amarth - Cry of the black birds

I think its err, viking metal?

Tbh, I find it interesting how I got into this music, I originaly heard BMTH and I was like "Argh, WTF is that" (My music range kinda was only touching Lamb of God at this time) then over time I began to like them, but hated low screams and dispised pig squeels, then again, overtime I started listening to the more lows, I suppose the more "brutal" music If I have to put it like that, however much I hate that statement.

But anyway, it then led on to things like Suicide silence, black dahlia murder, which then led on to All shall perish, which is currently causing Pig squeels to grow on me .

Metalcore just kind of sits in my playlist going "Hai, listen to me! I has sexy riffs" (As I lay dying)

I obviously listen to more than just this, and I listen to alot of post hardcore but these are the main bands which kinda changed my view on deathcore/metalcore/grindcore etc.

For the record, I have a very open music sense and I do listen to my nice bit of techno / w/e sometimes.

Edit:

Quote from The Very End :Iron Maiden, In Flames, Avenged Sevenfold, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom..

The list is long, but that is some of my favorites. Not sure if they are classified as Metall, maybe more like powermetall / melodic metall, but it's "hard" in hip-hop peoples eyes.

I'm pritty sure Children of Bodom range around the Melodic death metal line?

And OLD A7X stuff was deathcore'ish before M shadows failed to scream correctly and had to go under vocal operations (I think)

Edit2:

For people who havent seen it, this is a good watch, and much better if you ever watched "Just shoot me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chiVMrWMHko

Listen to the damn lyrics!
Yeah I listen to quite a bit:

Akercocke
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Bloodbath
Dark Tranquillity
Death
Enslaved
Napalm Death
Morbid Angel
Opeth
Strapping Young Lad

You almost have to get used to this kind of music before you can enjoy it. If anyone is going to try I recommend Opeth. 50/50 clean/harsh vocals and brilliantly composed music, its what got me started.

But its not for everyone.
Quote from jimaxx :
I'm pritty sure Children of Bodom range around the Melodic death metal line?

Yeah, I'v heared that before, think there might be right. It's mostly focused on the music, but in most peoples eyes their, and other similar band's music is hard, neverthless if it's growling or not on the singer.

(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG