The online racing simulator
DRIVER SUITS for Nick Heidfeld and Jacques Villeneuve ??
Something to discuss ..

Now that we have the NH/JV BF1 and helmet liveries, will their driver suits be implemented as well? I just think the immaculate FB1 car and helmet designs will be let down by the current low-res mono-colour driver suit graphic. I think it's about time the driver suits became a higher-res skin, able to be modified and posted on LFSWorld. I can't see how this would be difficult to implement.

What do you think ??
I would love this idea too, the driver suits are a bit plain, for mme, too.
You can make your own suite "skins" and glove "skins" if you want, so go for it
I know one can modify the graphic file for suits and gloves, but they still appear low-res and can't be view online.
#5 - ajp71
The problem with driver skins on LFSW is it would mean an extra 1/3 load on the LFSW server and waiting for skins to join.
Good point .. it would need to be tested. At least it is smaller than car skins, so it wouldn't take quite as long to download.
Quote from geezer45 :I know one can modify the graphic file for suits and gloves, but they still appear low-res and can't be view online.

Ah yes, that is true. Forgot about that little part
#8 - ajp71
Quote from geezer45 :I know one can modify the graphic file for suits and gloves, but they still appear low-res and can't be view online.

Can't you make them in a higher resolution?
I am surprised nobody has asked themselves the possibility that there may already be suits to go along with the car and helmets????
We'll just have to be paitent...

...OK I've already failed
The only problem I see with this, is, where does it end. Take for instance, our team, T7R. Now our skinner, god bless him, has taken the "personal" skin route, so thats 300+skins. Then add another 20+ helmets, then another 20+ suits, thats one big TEAM download.

Where does all this personalisation end, it has to end somewhere?
Here's hoping updated suits will accompany the patch Tweak. I had thought about this but they aren't in the CMX viewer, so makes me wonder. Even if they aren't made into LFSWorld editable skins, I suppose they could just add them to the default selection (in the 'Player' menu).
But why would they be in the CMX Viewer? You cannot view suits in the viewer, and the suits don't reside in the skins folder.
I know, but my point was .. wouldn't it be great if they were, so we could skin them as we do the cars and helmet.
Quote from geezer45 :I know, but my point was .. wouldn't it be great if they were, so we could skin them as we do the cars and helmet.

Oh yes, it would add an amount of realism to the game no doubt. But all I am saying is bandwidth for some people. Maybe later when 8mb is rolled out in uk as standard, but some are still on dial up bless there cotten socks, and this would just amount to frustration when all they want to do is race. OK I hear you say turn off automatic download, but then whats the fun of racing White cars ( you all know it, we have been there done that )

If it is controlled, i.e. file size, then yes, a added bonus / feature, but if it starts to effect connectivity issues, and the like, then no, I would rather have a central place ( remember LFS Files and Skin Manager ) and download them at my free will
I totally agree with you Fordman .. I guess one solution would be for the Devs to add an option where the user can specify whether they will enable full skin downloads, partial downloads, or no downloads. The partial option would then present four tick boxes: cars, helmets, suits, gloves.
To add to this idea .. one should be able to apply a face graphic to the driver. Then all we'd need is a transparent helmet visor.

No more John Doe drivers ...
Please let me know what you think of the ideas I have mentioned in my last two posts ... I just want to know if you think I'm onto something
Quote from Tweaker :I am surprised nobody has asked themselves the possibility that there may already be suits to go along with the car and helmets????

I did 1 year ago, Scawen said he was planning to add the ability. I'll see if I find the post, RSC search being what it is, I'm not going try too hard...

Yay, only few connection refuses and 3mins waitings and found it http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=204895

Quote from Krane :Scawen why is it that we don't have skins for driver suites, I mean in IRL they are more important from advertising perspective than helmets. And yet we have skins for helmets?

Quote from Scawen :All i want to say right now is there will be a major update eventually which should solve all concerns and requests. This is expected to be at some point in the future, after S2.

We decided to keep the S1 helmets until then, instead of doing a partial update. This way, your work will only be wasted once instead of twice.

Reading it again, he wasn't responding explicitly to me, so I'm not certain is it to be "expected to be at some point in the future, after S2."
Wha??? I meant to have the suits to add to the BMW collection... not to BE a part of the skinfiles :doh:
:hidesbehi

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG