The online racing simulator
Scrapping a vehicle without a V5?
(4 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
I wish to purchase a vehicle for competition use and as such wish to declare it scrapped (not just SORNed because it is never going to go back onto the road). I have reason to believe the car is legitimate with 1 months tax and MOT left, however, the owner has lost the V5. What should I do if I wish to purchase the vehicle and then scrap it immediately?

I wonder if I can just tell the previous owner that I want the vehicle scrapped and then be fairly safe seeing as they are likely to do so as it will only result in liability lying with them if they don't sort it out?
I believe the existing owner will have to send off for a replacement V5 (only like £20 so you could split that or something), as it may or may not be possible to continue without it.

The whole liability thing won't do anyone any good as unless you have the paperwork you can't do anything.
You can apply for it when you buy the car. Or get him to apply to the DVLC for another one before you buy it.
Quote from ajp71 :I wish to purchase a vehicle for competition use and as such wish to declare it scrapped (not just SORNed because it is never going to go back onto the road). I have reason to believe the car is legitimate with 1 months tax and MOT left, however, the owner has lost the V5. What should I do if I wish to purchase the vehicle and then scrap it immediately?

I wonder if I can just tell the previous owner that I want the vehicle scrapped and then be fairly safe seeing as they are likely to do so as it will only result in liability lying with them if they don't sort it out?

go to your police station, decalre that the log book is missing and you wish ti right it off the road.

Now he will give you a small amount of paper work to fill out ( 5 mins max ) and thats just it.

he sends it off to the dept of the environment ( over here atleast ) and the car is " off road - log book surrendered "

rally the life out of it, destory the plates, destory any other important info about the car then when shes done her short racing career strip her and/or crush her...

Onto the next banger.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG