The online racing simulator
Where's the wednesday update?
(50 posts, started )
Traction Control, and a light right foot?
#27 - fnac
Quote from Rob76 :So rFactor has more advanced physics than we realised

:-)) splendid
the shortest and best definition of ISI physics I've ever read
Quote from Greboth :If 1 is going to own, then whats 0 going to do

0 is going to make the site load slow.
but it still shows 2...
It will show 1 at 3 GTM

and then the last 24 hours
and now the BMW logo is gone
What are you waiting for?
Bring him back!
Sorry guys but I heard that BMW's PR bosses decided to pull of from this deal after they had tried LFS. In their opinion NFS: Most Wanted 31½ is better game for sponsoring. So that's why the logo has been removed.

And because of this the patch release it delayd until year 2007.
I'm quite sure that was NFS: MW 2, first part had some bug with engine temps

Edit: from where did that 1½ came from?
Quote from deggis :Sorry guys but I heard that BMW's PR bosses decided to pull of from this deal after they had tried LFS. In their opinion NFS: Most Wanted 31½ is better game for sponsoring. So that's why the logo has been removed.

*slaps deggis around with a big large trout*
Quote from Batterypark :As it says at www.liveforspeed.net, "While we finish the patch, we will post some info and a picture or two about a new feature or update, each day."

Am I blind or didn't they post anything today? Does anyone know why?

Yeah and where is Thursday's - the 20th update? Pretty lame.

Quote :Hello LFS Racers!

We are pleased to announce that there will be an important S2 update this month!

While we finish the patch, we will post some info and a picture or two about a new feature or update, each day.

Then this link on the bottom of that statement... then the updates end on the 15th... Other updates on the front page again, but none today?
http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=t_a_u

Why not put up some new pics or something at least? Why make that statement in the first lace if they aren't going to follow it?
#37 - JTbo
I think my eyes are not telling truth what I read from here
Quote from Scavier : "While we finish the patch...

Quote from varjsa-9 :Maybe it's finished ?

I think thats why.
Quote from _rod_ :I think thats why.

Then they should release it or keep giving us pics and updates until it is released... I guess it won't matter soon.. as it will be out.
just a guess but maybe they didnt released it because they were testing to make sure its bug free?

Edit: yeah about the pics i have no clue
Yeah, i think they are making last test oj last hours, be4 releasing it. Be oatience, god damn! And for the guy, who posted be4, about not seeing clouds of smoke - are you a loser or something? Formulas have advanced so much, and the drivers are not noobs like u. They try their best not to spin tires at all, but get the best start! Jeesus....
So does anyone know how long exactly it will be until it is released? I have no idea what time zone they go by, or what time if day it will be released. I saw that countdown thing in another thread.. but that really doesn't say when it will be released.
Usually they release updates at 2-3pm GMT time. Note usually doesnt mean that they will release it around it, could be now, or could be 11pm (lets hope not )
#44 - JTbo
Quote from BWX232 :So does anyone know how long exactly it will be until it is released? I have no idea what time zone they go by, or what time if day it will be released. I saw that countdown thing in another thread.. but that really doesn't say when it will be released.

They are living in UK time, I think GMT, If I were you I would look sometime 4pm GMT, then it would be out quite certainly, but it may indeed be much later. If you have option selected in LFS website, you will get mail when new patch is released
Quote from kornaz :Yeah, i think they are making last test oj last hours, be4 releasing it. Be oatience, god damn! And for the guy, who posted be4, about not seeing clouds of smoke - are you a loser or something? Formulas have advanced so much, and the drivers are not noobs like u. They try their best not to spin tires at all, but get the best start! Jeesus....

File under 'Money on anger management class well spent'
Have a flower [etals:]
Quote from tristancliffe :
Can't wait for TC to be eradicated from F1 in 2008 with control ECU's

It will certainly make the cars sound a lot sweeter exiting tight bends than the current staccato machinegun noise, won't it?

I haven't heard the new V8s in person yet, does anybody have any comments on how the sound differs?
#47 - JTbo
Quote from skiingman :It will certainly make the cars sound a lot sweeter exiting tight bends than the current staccato machinegun noise, won't it?

I haven't heard the new V8s in person yet, does anybody have any comments on how the sound differs?

I think engines are too small in displacement and revs too high to sound good, it is like dentist drill, no matter if it is v10 or V8 at least from tv I can't hear differences?
Quote from deggis :Sorry guys but I heard that BMW's PR bosses decided to pull of from this deal after they had tried LFS. In their opinion NFS: Most Wanted 31½ is better game for sponsoring. So that's why the logo has been removed.

yeh yeh i got teh beeeemer and lowered it with dem springs y000. and naaaawz, pulls 4000 hp redline yo!!11!11!one!1!
Quote from JTbo :I think engines are too small in displacement and revs too high to sound good, it is like dentist drill, no matter if it is v10 or V8 at least from tv I can't hear differences?

Yeah I never really loved the sound of the V10s on TV, but when I got a chance to hear them in person it was phenomenal. I would have loved to hear the old V-12s. The thing that really blew me away though was how aggressive the spark-cut TC is out of tight bends, it sounds like a thousand little bombs going off.
I went to Silverstone for practice/qually (never been to a race there though, yet) when V8's, V10's and V12's were still used. The Ferrari V12 (and Lamborghini) were stunning sounds. And that's relative - they all sounded stunning. But this was the era of much lower revs - perhaps 14,000 tops.

Where's the wednesday update?
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG