The online racing simulator
New soundcard
(19 posts, started )
New soundcard
So I'm thinking of getting a new soundcard for ~100euros.
It has to be good quality for my z5500 speakers.

I was thinking of Asus Xonar DX-XD 7.1

Suggest some good cards
+ It has to be able to record sound with fraps!
Anything non-onboard will be fine. Unless you are a DJ or something, any one will work as well as another.

This has some good reviews and is within your price bracket.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Anything non-onboard will be fine. Unless you are a DJ or something, any one will work as well as another.

This has some good reviews and is within your price bracket.

Any experience on that card..? Yeah actually I'm starting to make music and kinda djing so I need good quality
I still use the onboard sound my PC came with.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Any experience on that card..? Yeah actually I'm starting to make music and kinda djing so I need good quality

Did you read the product reviews on the site (link from S14)?
That's 185e from verkkokauppa, too expensive. Something cheaper please.
Here's something that fits the price

Asus Xonar DX-XD 7.1
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium
Auzentech Auzen X-Plosion 7.1 Cinema
M-Audio Revolution 7.1
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Asus Xonar D2 7.1 ... Yeah you could get that card for 109e from that shop but how much is the shipping etc?
What's wrong with your on-board one? I find mine great.
Quote from Bose321 :What's wrong with your on-board one? I find mine great.

It makes noise and can't record sound.. Asus m2r32-mvp
Also it doesn't support Pro Logic II thingys whatever they're
Quote from Bose321 :What's wrong with your on-board one? I find mine great.

If you only use your pc for gaming, probably nothing.

As soon as you start to do other stuff like recording, you'll notice a huge difference between an on-board and an aftermarket soundcard. Even if you're just listening to music there is a significant difference already.

I had some Sounblaster card from creative that was almost 10 years old. It still produced better sound than the onboard soundcard of my about 3 year old asus motherboard. I replaced it with an X-Fi Titanium about a year ago, which again, was quite a big difference.

I guess it's not the best soundcard ever, but especially for recording, it's providing far far better results than any onboard soundcard i've ever tried (they are almost useless to be honest).

I can recommend the X-Fi Titanium (when it comes to music and recording), but can't say a lot about it regarding games. I rarely play any games on the pc anymore. Iracing worked perfectly, other than that, i have no gaming experience with the card.
Quote from jibber :I can recommend the X-Fi Titanium (when it comes to music and recording), but can't say a lot about it regarding games. I rarely play any games on the pc anymore. Iracing worked perfectly, other than that, i have no gaming experience with the card.

Gotta think about that, I don't play any games either..

I will buy this Asus Xonar D2 7.1 if I can get it cheap from the shop that s14 linked to.

If not, then to
Asus Xonar DX-XD 7.1
OR Creative SB X-Fi Titanium
#12 - Jakg
You wont know whats wrong with onboard 'till you try something different :P

As an experiment I put a cheap-o SB Live! in my old PC (with an A8N-SLi board) and straight away I could hear the difference even with a £2 sound card. Later on I got an X-Fi XtremeMusic and the difference was bigger again...

@Tomba - why the Titanium? Unless you need the extra IO then the Music gives the same SQ as the Music (and of course gives you more money to mod it if you so chose).
Quote from Jakg :Tomba - why the Titanium? Unless you need the extra IO then the Music gives the same SQ as the Music (and of course gives you more money to mod it if you so chose).

I don't know about titanium.. I think I go with asus xonar d2.
Also I don't know what you mean by IO and SQ
#14 - Jakg
IO - Input/Output - I.e. do you need the extra ports?

SQ - Sound Quality.
I don't think I need any extra inputs or outputs.. Just need a good card for my z5500
#16 - Jakg
Then an XtremeMusic would probably be the "pick" of the X-Fi range, as it gives you more cash for modding or something else.

Not sure if the Xonar or Auzentech at that much better, though...
Quote from Jakg :Then an XtremeMusic would probably be the "pick" of the X-Fi range, as it gives you more cash for modding or something else.

Not sure if the Xonar or Auzentech at that much better, though...

How about this? http://www.asus.com/products.a ... odel=1769&modelmenu=1

It's more expensive than others but I think it's good, though as I don't know about soundcards I will ask you what do you think?

And yeah I'm a fan of asus
You could also have a look at cards like the Audiophile 2496 from M-Audio, which is supposed to be quite good and within your price range probably.
There's quite a few people on recording forums that more or less clearly steer away from anything that says "Creative" or "SoundBlaster".

I've read somewhere that if you are interested in an M-Audio Revolution 7.1, and you don't really plan on using a 7.1 setup, the Revolution 5.1 would be the better choice, since it is supposed to have better DSP (digital signal processing).

Ohh and by the way... i got it mixed up. I don't have the titanium. I only got the Xtreme Music.

New soundcard
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG