The online racing simulator
Dell Studio 17
(6 posts, started )
Dell Studio 17
Hi,

I'm soon to get another PC since mine is getting old plus I need something that I can carry with me. Right now I have a single core AMD Athlon64 2.4Ghz with a Nvidia 7600GT 512mb and 2Gb of RAM. I can run LFS at 40FPS with AA, AF and all the bling bling to the max.

The Dell Studio 17 laptop have a C2D 2.5Ghz which is way better than my CPU and has 4Gb of RAM. It clearly outtakes my PC but I wonder if the GFX cards available will be able to match the performance I have from my 7600GT?

Here's the Dell Studio 17:

http://www1.ca.dell.com/conten ... n&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1

I need your opinion. The only game this laptop would see is LFS. Everything else is for PS3.

If anyone has this laptop, can you take a pic of how it looks at max settings in LFS?
Attached images
LFS_000000001.jpg
take the one for 1.2k $ and you´ll have no worries.
im not sure bout the other gc´s but i think you should have no problems with a cpu like this

but tbh i would think about this whole dell stuff.
i have a dell, too and this comp totally ROCKS!
but i had to wait over one month till i got it and when i got it it wasn´t the right one (this one is better but shhhh )

edit: take one in orange and all is good
#3 - Jakg
As said on MSN - Studio's are very nice, but if you get the one with the x3100 you'll regret it, mainly because it's shit, but also because it's shit.

The 3450 is better (but still not stellar in any way).
Quote from Jakg :The 3450 is better (but still not stellar in any way).

i only see 3650 here?
#5 - Jakg
OK the 3450 then.

The 3650 is as fast as i've seen from ATi on laptops so far - but still not immense.
#6 - Jakg
A 3450 (desktop) is about the same speed as a 6600GT (but slower in some apps) - which is half the speed of a 7600GT (if not more).

The laptop version is even slower...

Dell Studio 17
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG