The online racing simulator
Automatic 1
(23 posts, started )
Automatic 1
Hello, it's almost a year since I've bough S2. I won't describe how disgusted I was (and still am) by behavouir of ppl on publics and so on...
But I have noticed that they always press 1 when it's about to bann someone. They can't know what happend or so but it's incedible how fast it always grows. Just few mins before on Conedodgers 1 I was send out by a noob (time 1:52 best) and I hit another car. There was no chance to save it, we were braking, he wasn't. And immidiately they started to vote for bann. I stoped them at 7/8 and explained that it wasn't my fault. Admin said: "Sorry, wrong person" Oh, thats all? But when I said who it was noone voted. Why? And great was last lap. Due to this spin and damaged suspension I sufferd a puncture (FZR on R2/R2, my setup doesn't allow mistakes) so I was going quite slow to last turn, when winner (was lapping me in his 7/6 lap) came fast like hell and directly to me. I was going about 130kph crashed and what happend? Yea, vote for bann. And best was the slow man who caused the crash in 1st lap. Press 1 - crasher!! Is this only impression or ppl just press 1 because they see BANN? I don't think I did something wrong as well as many ppl who was banned so and if I did it wasn't so bad as did the slow one (how the hell was his name?)
I think the criminal should have some time to explain what happend or something. Because if ppl will agree we don't want him here he can't do anything because he can be banned for nothing. I know the servers are private but...I hope you understand.
P.S. I don't care about bann. Got it there many times for silly things (never try to explain admin that he isn't GOD) it will disappear again. Or atleast the slow ppl should be allowed to vote. It sux when more than 10 sec slower crasher blame you and win and you can't get through the cable to **** him. What do you think?
So winner who voted was UER!Diablo but can't find the slow one.
If someone starts votekick/ban then usually some people just press 1 for no reason,
but they just see a voting and they want to be part of it.
CD1 server has a lot different people driving there and that may cause it,
some of them just don't use their heads and do such stupid moves.
Just get over it and move along, visit other servers etc...
something that will happen all the time. I never vote ban if i dont know what happened. and about CD bans, well dont worry about them...... you get them for saying "god just cos cd crashed do we have to restart?!"
It's the vote 1 sheep thing.

It's stupid, it should be "press a random key that's not 1". Like a random number between 1 and 9 or something...
Yeah, that's a common thing and it really sucks.

Good servers usually don't have voting enabled and have admins online at least in the evenings. I wonder why voting was even enabled on the server you were on since there apparently were admins online.
Servers without vote are a nightmare. You have a crasher on and can't get rid of him - and he just laughs at you and keeps driving the wrong way round the track and no-one can do anything about it. I never race on non-vote servers, only exception CTRA.

90% of the worlds population is retarded so 90% of racers in LFS are retarded. Have a vote and you get 90% retard votes.

That's why democracy sucks - every retard has the same vote as you. And they use it - as you found out

Problem is that we don't have a better system - so we're stuck with democracy run by retards. Ah well ...

Good thing is that this means that 90% of people banned on our servers fully deserve it, cos they're retards - the other 10% we can only apologise for - collateral damage I guess, what can you do. I also got banned first time I came to CD servers.

Personally I rather have too many bans than too little.

aceracer

P.S.: yes I'm fully aware of the fact that most other people will think I'm a retard and part of those 90%
P.P.S.: If yu go round the track at 130 where everyone else goes round at 260kph, I wold also have called the vote. Just stay out of the way man, what could you possible have to gain messing up everyone else's race if yours already is?

Of course you may finish your race with a broken car - but if you can't do it without interfereing with other peoples races, doesn't common courtesy forbid you bounce around the track at half the race speed just in front of the race leaders?

P.P.P.S: UER!Diablo is a good, clean and fair racer. I have raced him many times and it's always been a pleasure. Unless you have a replay to prove the contrary I trust his vote more than your opinion.
I was already braking to the turn. And noone goes to the last turn on Aston National. You can reach there speed about 200 and anyway the race was finished already. But it doesn't mind. Topic is about voting.
Btw. I was thinking same about Jezebel.
About vote while admins are online. We had a small argument with them that afternoon. Someone said that they should observe not race if they want to punish crashers. It was the situation. O sh** I crashed. Nevermind, restart.
Quote from aceracer :Servers without vote are a nightmare.

Not if admins who do their job properly are on the server.
Quote from zeugnimod :Not if admins who do their job properly are on the server.

thats true but some times admins are bit stupid they see that u are new or something like and say get out this is pro server! that happend to me
Well, I'm an admin but I also like to race, I don't have that much spare time. Definitely not to sit and spec all evening in case there's a crash. I race and when I see sth wrong I act. When I don't see it if it seems bad I review a replay.

The vote stays on, I think a certain autonomy is a good thing. Mistakes will be made? Of course. By votes and by admins.

If you have nothing better to do than spec all evening that's great, feel free to apply to CD and become a server admin

I think as a whole the CD server are amongst the best moderated, that's why I became a CD in the first place when I had no team. Now we have literally thousands of racers every month - and we get about 5 complaints.

I think that's a pretty damn good ratio.

Also, if you ever read our server rules you will have seen this line: CD servers are private servers, we just decided to allow others to access them, too. However, seeing they are our own private playground we do whatever we like on them whenever we like it.

I so much as don't like your skin, your name, your number plate or I'm just in a bad mood: and you're gone. No discussion, no explanation, no reason - just cos it's it's my house and I do whatever I flippin' like in it.

Since we're a nice bunch of people that never happens of course and we try to be as fair and competent as possible. If we make mistakes, well, we can only apologise.

I always wonder where people get this idea from that everything should be free and perfect when they don't do squat but come and complain. We pay a dedicated server, we put 6 servers online, we let everyone race on them, we do our best to keep them moderated and keep the racing clean. One mistake and it's all: oh you shold always spot everything, you should have an admin there all the time seeing everything and being justice himself.

No kids, it's not like that. You have the priviledge to race for free on our servers. We try our best to make that experience as pleasing as possible. Not happy? Please move on. All this "oh it's so unfair", "oh your'e not doing it right", "oh it shouldn't be like this" - it's really starting to get on my nerves - and it always comes from those who come, take for free, contribute nothing and are always unhappy.

Cheers

aceracer

P.S.: @Jonas: yes we do say that. If you can't be withing 5 seconds of a decent laptime you should practise the combo offline before coming and messing up everyone else's experience. Cos you'll be nothing but a mobile roadblock and our servers are not a newbie training ground - they are supposed to be for competitve racing for which you need a minimum standard. Anyone with a little education and manners doesn't even need to be told this, it should be obvious.

We always help beginners, both with sets and tips on how to become faster. But there is also a limit, and if you 're in the way of others who try to do some recing then you should know yourself when to keep out of the way without needeing to be told.
look at all the pseudo-obama-avatars. get it?
Quote from aceracer :That's why democracy sucks...

Haha... sorry to be OT, but i just read your post very fast and thought... what a nice word joke. Jep i read "demo-crazy", but you just meant democracy... like democratic. Sorry... had to tell you that you made me laugh even without intention.
Well, it is really should be democrazy - and it would fit perfectly to what I was trying to say. Democracy is not a good system - but it's the best we have - so we have to live with it, even though it's crazy.

Look at it this way: if my car breaks I take it to an expert to get it fixed.

If the country breaks, every idiot has the same say in how to fix it, even though 90% of the popuilation have not the slightest idea about the economy, the sanitary system, educational methodology etc etc - I don't have either. Yet I have a say in how the country should be run. It's ridiculous.

But it's what we have and it beats all known systems, so we're stuck with it and it's the best solution.

Ideal would be a good committee of experts running the country with disregard for popular opinion and only the best for everyone at heart.

Since that will never happen, we are democrazy

aceracer
And to think this happened on the Best Public Race server. Kinda makes you wonder

Personally I never race on a server that has votebanning enabled. Then again I only ever race on a very small handful of well established servers It's not that I specifically avoid servers where votebanning is enabled, but I'm happy I never have to suffer the idiotic sheep mentality of the people on those servers.

@OP - as was said, it is indeed a very annoying and well known problem, but there is not much that can be done about it.
I've Never added to a vote unless I saw the incident or If the FEW drivers I really trust start it, so many people cry wolf and then wonder why they don't get votes when they really need them.Nothing wrong with the vote/ ban system Its just been so watered down by bogus vote starters that its almost turning into spam when It should be the complete opposite.

I have had vote ban against me while I wasn't in the race...lol
Quote from JohnPenn :I've Never added to a vote unless I saw the incident or If the FEW drivers I really trust start it, so many people cry wolf and then wonder why they don't get votes when they really need them.Nothing wrong with the vote/ ban system Its just been so watered down by bogus vote starters that its almost turning into spam when It should be the complete opposite.

I have had vote ban against me while I wasn't in the race...lol

I've been in such situation as joining the server, people voting on me to ban me and there, I'm gone.
And they keep doing that to everyone though, not mentioning any names.
I guess you have to expect this sort of thing in pickup races. I tend to avoid all such servers. In league racing things are much more controlled and better so I just leave all my racing for that.

Hi Kristjan! How are you? New team?
Quote from JohnPenn :I have had vote ban against me while I wasn't in the race...lol

You bad boy, what have you done?
Quote from obsolum :And to think this happened on the Best Public Race server. Kinda makes you wonder

Personally I never race on a server that has votebanning enabled. Then again I only ever race on a very small handful of well established servers It's not that I specifically avoid servers where votebanning is enabled, but I'm happy I never have to suffer the idiotic sheep mentality of the people on those servers.

agreed, servers with voting enabled don't exactely turn me on Probably thatswhy i don't recall myself being votebanned...perhaps in good old ovaldays
it shouldnt be a problem when you know where are you racing.
Quote from Brezolubsky :I won't describe how disgusted I was (and still am) by behavouir of ppl on publics and so on...

Well that's a relief.
The ideal would be only kick vote, but it's not possible in LFS - it's either all votes or none.

Of course, private servers withorganised races are a completely different experience.

On pickup racing on public servers you need to be able to get rid of crashers, wreckers and idiots. Otherwise you may as well shut the server down.

Sometimes it hits the wrong people - that's a pain and it's not idea - but it's still better than a wrecker driving the wrong way round for 2 hours.

We all have better experiences on a controlled private server with nothing but competent drivers, but I think that's not the issue here.

aceracer
Quote from Brezolubsky :........So winner who voted was UER!Diablo but can't find the slow one.

can you attach the replay ? i know diablo really really good and i don't believe that he startet to vote against you because of a crash in his 7th lap in a 6 lap race. If he did so you must have done something really stupid, usually he doesn't continue racing after finnishing 6th lap anyway.

I remember a banovte with u'r name but another way, wasn't there three or four restarts ? then race startet, something went wrong again and after that u've got banned ? or was it just another voteban ?

i'm racing with him since nearly 2 years and he is one of the fairest, cleanest, friendliest racer's i ever met in this game, so you should remove his name in your post, he has nothing to do with u'r problems. If it happens more often that u've got a voteban than u should just think about what YOU are doing wrong all the time ... me personally never earned a voteban within 2 years and many many miles ...

I also wouldn't blame CD for that they also can't anything for it, but i think aceracer told u so in his toooo long postings the CD1 server provides better racing than anything else. There are more often admins availiable than anywhere else. If you have to fear server's with voteban enabled you're doing something wrong imo, not always the other.

... http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1068347#post1068347
Quote :aceracer told u so in his toooo long postings

I was on a roll ... lol It gets personal when people tell us that CD is not moderated well.

Quote :me personally never earned a voteban within 2 years and many many miles

If you feel there's something missing from your life, we can change that tonight!

lol

Cu on track!

aceracer

Automatic 1
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG