The online racing simulator
Chase camera stiffness
(6 posts, started )
Chase camera stiffness
I remember the chase camera was once quite free, not stiffly attached to the car. Last patches made it to be stiffly attached to the rear of the car with some invisible pipes. I usually drive in the cockpit view as the chase view is not fun to drive at all when its stiffly attached to the car. So at last I decided to ask if the stiffness of the chase camera can be adjusted in the settings.

I have tried changing the game settings a few times comprehensively, but haven't found out how to change the stiffness of the chase cam and deattach it from the car.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
#2 - Byku
When You are in Your car, go to chase camera, then esc and go to options -> view. There is something like smoothing, try 0.5sec. I hope that You're talking about this . There is also "fixed to forward axis" try this on/off.
I don,t thing it can be adjusted AFAIK.

I remember it being mentioned in one of the test patch threads (z4 i think) that the stiffness had gone and it was nicer, but then the z9 test patch came out and it was back to being rigid and stiff again.

I think the reason why the camera bumps and vibrations disppeared was because something must have changed somewhere in one of the test patches and the camera thing didnt work as it should do. (although it was nicer when it wasnt so bumpy.)

The z9 patch documention mentioned it..

Changes in TEST PATCH Z9 :

FIX : Online statistics were not sent to LFS World
FIX : Random FZ5 setups were saved to the setups folder
FIX : View shake system missed high frequency information

i hope that helps mate!
Quote from bmwracer67 :I remember the chase camera was once quite free, not stiffly attached to the car. Last patches made it to be stiffly attached to the rear of the car with some invisible pipes. I usually drive in the cockpit view as the chase view is not fun to drive at all when its stiffly attached to the car. So at last I decided to ask if the stiffness of the chase camera can be adjusted in the settings.

I have tried changing the game settings a few times comprehensively, but haven't found out how to change the stiffness of the chase cam and deattach it from the car.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

I think there's a setting somewhere, but I can't remember where, just had a quick check to no avail, so I'm not really sure.. sorry.
options - view - fixed to forward axis = no
Thanks very much guys, I already was thinking it wasn't possible. I didn't know that I will have to start a race, switch to chase cam and then open options>view

Thanks everybody

Chase camera stiffness
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG