The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :LFS is a game, you play games for fun, nothing less , nothing more.. If its not fun that you can't reset, you won't play it.

Real life is hard. LFS tries to simulate real life.
Anyway, how many people have actually stopped playing because of the no reset? or any other hard feature that has been implemented before?
Thats not what im saying.. its a game, you use a mouse, and a controller to play.. you use a machine to do things for you... its a game.

The reset IS a small detail yes, but like i said, the more it happens to people, and the more popularity the agrivations cause... then,
#28 - Woz
Quote from BlueFlame :Thats not what im saying.. its a game, you use a mouse, and a controller to play.. you use a machine to do things for you... its a game.

The reset IS a small detail yes, but like i said, the more it happens to people, and the more popularity the agrivations cause... then,

I have found that since this change the mental attitude of people on the track has changed. The driving is cleaner and people rush T1 less.

This is all because the "mental" cost of an off has now become huge, which it should be. People wan't to finish the race so they adjust their driving so they can.

Or in other words they learn there is a difference between race pace and qualify pace. Too many people race at qualify pace then wonder why less than half the field finish the race even on sprint races.

Yes I have lost it in the last lap of races and had situations where had I had reset I would have placed 1st. Instead I was off the track on my roof. But that is racing.
Quote from BlueFlame :I think there either 2 things that need to happen, BETTER collision physics, or resets, cos just tapping a fellow racer, and hitting a barrier at 50 IMO doesn't justify a 1999kilotonne Nuclear Explosion to happen under my car.

LFS's collision modelling is way too lenient atm, there are very few flying collisions that wouldn't have ended a race anyway and even in the single seaters you can get away with wheel to wheel rubbing, not so IRL. I can't wait to see the reaction on the forum when Scawen adds proper damage for the single seaters

Quote :
Ajp you say 'people can't hack it when Scawen turns up the realism' well, why are you playing a game, if you want realism like your trying to suggest?

I can't afford a decent computer let alone a seasons racing, for me LFS isn't just a game, TRD is a game, Forza is a game, RBR, LFS, GPL and (dare I say it ) rF aren't, they are the only way I'm realistically going to get to race these cars and I want it to be as much like it would be if I could add 6 zeros onto my bank balance
Well, thanks Ajp, you did a great job of keeping me on earth :P

As for the physics, its only when the wheel interlock that where would be a problem, i imagine because i saw it with Réné Arnoux and Gilles Villeneuve

Maybe im too sympathetic towards Termi because so many times, im being crushed in the cockpit of my F08 when i make little contact with various things..

Thinking more indepth with crashing, i think its too 'springy' the first impact, needs to demolish more speed, rather than carry it on a bit more, the car needs to shed wheels, and body parts, rather than this crumpling nonesense too.
Quote from BlueFlame :
As for the physics, its only when the wheel interlock that where would be a problem, i imagine because i saw it with Réné Arnoux and Gilles Villeneuve

Those cars were relatively tough and they only ever made very light contact. Most of the time when single seaters touch each other they result in suspension failure for at least one car, that's why most drivers don't take risks and Villeneuve stuff is reserved for well... Villeneuve
am i the only one who wants to see this for single play use? i'd love to have the AI reset but still be damaged along with me
+1 ...
How about you read the endless discussions we already had about why this won't happen?
#35 - Woz
ADMINS: Can we just merge this with one of the other threads?
#36 - Jakg

Every server will go back to resetting again, so a big NO from me.
Merged.
your moaning about a game that you paid a lot less than you should of when its already amazing and isnt even finished yet, how many race series aside from rally do you see cars roll over a few times or slide into barriers and finish the race, regardless of whos fault it is, once ur out your out, its a shitty thing to happen but what can you do, personally i think resetting is pretty stupid, an option to run back to the pits and get a spare car would be better least that way you can realisticly get a few points out of the race, resetting and only loosing a few places is pretty ridiculous, althought i do think a different reset option should be implemented somehow for the less serious servers, time delayed maybe, or if u reset a pit drive through or something, im new to this and ruin my car a lot but i still dont think a reset option should even be available
Just a suggestion: large paragraphs of text are easier to read when punctuated with periods.
Quote from Bob Smith :Just a suggestion: large paragraphs of text are easier to read when punctuated with periods.

You're assuming a basic level of intelligence, and the ability to coherently type the thoughts in one's head onto a screen. Sadly, either is rare, and both together nearly extinct.

I got confused in his post on the first word - "your". As if I own some moaning? Didn't bother attempting to read much further.
like it really matters, i agree on longer posts its worth takin the time to make it easier to read but i just cba and tristan hows bout **** off, you're your or ur dosnt make much difference on a forum, since ur such a grammar hotshot u can work out what it says so there shouldnt be a problem. i love how the grammar police always rear "their" ego filled heads on every given chance.(happy bob?)
i bet ur the kind of person who when he farts goes and has a shower straight after, its just typin, u can read and understand it so no biggie, grammar etc is only needed for the long posts otherwise **** it theres no need other than to please the 30 year old ego filled pr1cks who assume they have one over on everybody cos theyve been around a bit longer
Quote from p5srono :i bet ur the kind of person who when he farts goes and has a shower straight after, its just typin, u can read and understand it so no biggie, grammar etc is only needed for the long posts otherwise **** it theres no need other than to please the 30 year old ego filled pr1cks who assume they have one over on everybody cos theyve been around a bit longer

I am 21 and I want people to at least try to use correct grammar and spelling in posts even if they are only one line long, thank you.
i bet u want to kill all the jews aswell
Ah, another proof that lack of punctuation and proper grammar in posts equals lack of intelligence.
Quote from p5srono :i bet u want to kill all the jews aswell

Watch it, saying things like that will only put you in an even worse situation than your already in.
p5srono - I don't care how horrible WWII was, bringing it up to insult a German whos parents probably weren't even born at the time, has earnt you a week break.
Also, if you type it in proper English, it is much easier for a non-fluent English speaker to understand it
I know that this is a old topiuc but i thought that, I would just say one thing about the last few posts

Im dislexic, so if i can do it any one can. yes I put some of the symbols in the wrong place but at least people can read it.

and I had trouble trying to disifer some of the long posts in this topic.
-
(CarlZ) DELETED by CarlZ

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG