The online racing simulator
#1 - Termi
Any chance for a graduated Reset?
Hi,
is there any chance for a graduated Reset-Option in a Race?
It would be nice. Cause, if u have a 2 hour-Race and u roll on the Roof in the last 5 minutes its really frustrating .

I dont like a "full" reset, maybe a solution like this:

/allow reset 0 (for no reset),
/allow reset 1 (for a reset-to-the-Wheels) or
/allow reset 2 (for a full reset)

I hope Scawen hear me
Quote from Termi :Hi,
is there any chance for a graduated Reset-Option in a Race?
It would be nice. Cause, if u have a 2 hour-Race and u roll on the Roof in the last 5 minutes its really frustrating .

I dont like a "full" reset, maybe a solution like this:

/allow reset 0 (for no reset),
/allow reset 1 (for a reset-to-the-Wheels) or
/allow reset 2 (for a full reset)

I hope Scawen hear me

Been discussed to death in the threads that happened when the change was made. Doesn't seem like Scawen's going to put the half-reset back in, but you never know.
If you roll, even with 'just' 5 minutes to go, then you should retire. An endurance race is about endurance - not making mistakes for x amount of time (where x is a larger number than a sprint race )
#4 - Termi
I hear all wat you have said many times before, and your Arguments are comprehensibly in one way.
But...
If someone hit me in the last 5 mins to the curbs and on the Roof, i want the chance for end the race...
Where I live, it is near Nürburgring, i have seen so many Races were a Driver get "on the Roof", and the Marshalls(where its possible) get them back to the Tires.
*We, the OldMenRacing.de just wish a possibility, to adjust the "get real"- level .
I know about the discussions, and i dont want reanimate it....
#5 - ajp71
Basically what you're suggesting is never going to go back in because there's a risk that it will then be allowed on proper servers again, hence making Scawens removal of the reset completely pointless and returning us to arcade town, I'd really like this stupid complaining to stop everytime Scawen pushes the realism level past a few peoples comfort zone.
last i checked it was an option for a reason. No reason not to have that added granularity in the option.
#7 - Termi
Quote from KeiichiRX7 : No reason not to have that added granularity in the option.

Thats true, let the Serveradmins decide wat is the Option
Quote from ajp71 :Basically what you're suggesting is never going to go back in because there's a risk that it will then be allowed on proper servers again, hence making Scawens removal of the reset completely pointless and returning us to arcade town, I'd really like this stupid complaining to stop everytime Scawen pushes the realism level past a few peoples comfort zone.

I really would like to see yours and your teamcrews reaction as well when sb. crashes you so that your car ends on the roof 23h59mins/last turn on a 24 hours race, where it wasn?t your fault at all.

They do "car resets" it in real races and at the end it will still remain an option for the serveradmins as posted before. It?s suggesting and not complaining.

Regards.
________
Tuono
Quote from R.Kolz :They do "car resets" it in real races and at the end it will still remain an option for the serveradmins as posted before. It´s suggesting and not complaining.

Regards.

In many series it's still not allowed, and it's not rallying.

Scawen mentioned somewhere something about collision detection getting improvements in patch Y - if that happens there's even less reason to putting reset back. Only concern now is that so often in a minor collision with another car something very akward happens.
Quote from deggis :In many series it's still not allowed, and it's not rallying.

Scawen mentioned somewhere something about collision detection getting improvements in patch Y - if that happens there's even less reason to putting reset back. Only concern now is that so often in a minor collision with another car something very akward happens.

What?s happening now in longer races is that if one guy from a team unfortunaltly landed on the roof this guy tells his teammate to crash him ( teamspeak), so he?d be able to continue his race..this once more might end with 2 cars flipped over. Then they might choose to just wait instead of removing their wrecked cars waiting for the moment a car of another team will crash into them...
But my major point a already mentioned in post 19:05.

Regards..
________
Vaporizers
Quote from R.Kolz :
They do "car resets" it in real races and at the end it will still remain an option for the serveradmins as posted before. It´s suggesting and not complaining.

Normally cars are only allowed to be pushed if they're in a dangerous position and it's the safe thing to do, certainly no car gets put back on its wheels and allowed to finish. In the old days LeMans cars used to carry shovels so the drivers could dig them out of sand traps when they got stuck but for rather obvious reasons that's no longer the done thing.
Quote from [ADT]sid :i would really like to have the restet button but that the car dont repair itself its realy shitty for me that =(

Well, that?s why you are demo only.

( I never thought I?d say this :razz

No man, demo is just as great sometimes.
________
2RC146
#13 - Woz
Thought this one had died a while back. The new no reset or full reset means no reset is the norm.

This is a GOOD thing as people have to CARE about finishing a race. Yet another thing to calm people down in T1 etc.

I have flipped on the last lap of a long race where I was in P1. Guess what, its just TOUGH LUCK. You learn to live with it and clam down a little in your driving etc.

You flip and your race is over. This is how it should be.
I am just dont understand, why u dont let the Serveradmin decide???
There is no disadvantage for Racers (Admins) who dont like this Option.
I would be happy if Scawen tell a reason for "no option reset".
Ok, may be it is not importantly enough....
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Been discussed to death in the threads that happened when the change was made. Doesn't seem like Scawen's going to put the half-reset back in, but you never know.

Yep, but I still believe that the reset as it is now is just useless. It doesn't even teach anything to the beginners except that they can drive like mad, it's not a problem because they have a brand new car each time they reset.
That's why I think that the 'old' reset should be kept as a server option. This is only my opinion.

On a sidenote, why not allowing the (old) reset for the MRT ?
This car has no reverse gear, and in real life you would jump off the car, pull it back on the track and keep on running (to the pits). Just an idea
Quote from Termi :I would be happy if Scawen tell a reason for "no option reset".
Ok, may be it is not importantly enough....

Because he was afraid that many servers would have taken the middle-road. Scawen wants this to be a hardcore simulator. People wanting a middle-option is the exact reason why it will be never added.
#18 - Woz
Quote from geeman1 :Because he was afraid that many servers would have taken the middle-road. Scawen wants this to be a hardcore simulator. People wanting a middle-option is the exact reason why it will be never added.

Yep +1
Not to be a prick but how can Scawen decide what type a server someone should have?
After all, the ops are paying for it, not Scawen. The popularity of this game (or sim, for the anal ones) relies solely on running servers. Since no full time servers are run by Scavier, options like this should be 100% up to admins and ops.

Also, I'm all up for making this as realistic as possible. But you can't have realistic penalties for coalitions with half assed collision detection. Anyone with a high ping can set you flying off the track without even trying.
I believe some "realism" needs to be sacrificed until the proper code is in place to allow for such rules.
Just IMO.
#20 - Woz
Quote from Woz :lol

http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement

Read 1.4

wat a Bull...., is this a Game where as many as people should have Fun with it, or just an dictate?
There is no disadvantage for anybody if this option is available.

*Read the end-user-licenseagreement... pffft
:thumbsdow
Quote from Termi :wat a Bull...., is this a Game where as many as people should have Fun with it, or just an dictate?
There is no disadvantage for anybody if this option is available.

*Read the end-user-licenseagreement... pffft
:thumbsdow

No, this is a "game" that you chose to purchase under the EUL that they are creating the most realistic racing simulator they can and things will change. If you don't like the direction in realism that the "game" is going, then you should choose a different game. They are developing it so that "as many people can have fun with it" as a racing simulator, not a driving game.
LFS will be a serious sim, I have no doubt about that. In fact it already has the best physics and car handle of all racing games I've tried.

Maybe, in the future, there should be an enhanced mode, say a kind of 'career' mode, where a lot of things are locked/forced for hardcore racers. But despite of what some think, a vast majority of the licenced users are not hardcore racers and they have bought a game.
So, in my opinion, you can't say to these hundreds of users "thanks for giving your money for the development but now you can f* off, we stay between serious racers only". This won't happen without big troubles, whatever the EULA says.

Both 'hardcore racers' and 'gamers' can live together, it's all about options and the simulation won't be affected in any way
More users = more money = affordable price for everyone.

A bit OT, sorry about that.
On topic: 'old' reset for the MRT ?
Quote from mrodgers :No, this is a "game" that you chose to purchase under the EUL that they are creating the most realistic racing simulator they can and things will change. If you don't like the direction in realism that the "game" is going, then you should choose a different game. They are developing it so that "as many people can have fun with it" as a racing simulator, not a driving game.

So you don't agree that the community paying servers have anything to do with the popularity of the game?
Interesting.
Also, server ops don't need to purchase the game in order to run a server for it. They do however have to foot the bill for it on a monthly basis.

No servers, no game. it's quite simple.
I think there either 2 things that need to happen, BETTER collision physics, or resets, cos just tapping a fellow racer, and hitting a barrier at 50 IMO doesn't justify a 1999kilotonne Nuclear Explosion to happen under my car.

The 'pro' people can race without it, but for those who want a bit more security, we want it on, personally, i don't mind, although if i was in an endurance, and someone hit me off i would want that..

Maybe he can model a half reset to come in, in the last 5% or something of the race, so no matter what length of the race, there is always a change of rescuing your car, if something bad happens on the last laps?

LFS is a game, you play games for fun, nothing less , nothing more.. If its not fun that you can't reset, you won't play it.

Ajp you say 'people can't hack it when Scawen turns up the realism' well, why are you playing a game, if you want realism like your trying to suggest?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG