The online racing simulator
Underrated games
(87 posts, started )
Most underrated game of all time must be Deus Ex: Invisible War. Got destroyed when it was released, but it's actually a really good game. No where near as good as the original, of course, but it still holds its own.
Ahh, Hard Drivin'! We had that at our local fish and chip shop, around about the same time my friends and I were right into 4D Sports Driving (Stunts). The arcade game had much better fps than our computers could handle at that time, and slightly better graphics.

I haven't heard much talk about 'Crazy Machines 2' so it might qualify as an underrated game. It's basically The Incredible Machine, but with very convincing and fluid physics and great graphics, lots of puzzles to get through, and a level editor. Quite a brilliant game IMO.

Not sure it was really underrated but indeed was great fun, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, and it lives on:

http://www.openttd.org/en/
A game that is underrated is a very old one, but is STILL being played. Anyone ever heard of Re-Volt? It's a really cool RC game that you race RC cars around random tracks, like a neighborhood, a museum, a supermarket, and a ghost town. It has bad graphics, but it is a fun game! Plus, people make RC car and track mods you can get. There are Ferraris, Bugattis, Lamborghini's, BMW's, and a bunch more, including made up cars. It's a fun game that you can shoot other cars with weapons, and you can make your own tracks, too.
Quote from danthebangerboy :paperboy!

Not so much under rated, but definately retro cool!

Looks quite similar to hard drivin' which was in the arcades in the very early 90's over here.

YES! I played it for the N64! That game was cool! BTW, sorry for double posting. I saw this, and I was like YES! I with I had this game. Oh another one is Rush 2049. That game was SOOOOOOOO cool! The fake cars, the fake driving, but the ability to have wings pop out of your car is AWESOME!! Plus, you can control your car in the air when the wings are out. I rented this one time, and I played for hours for three days. Yeah, wish I could get this.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :A game that is underrated is a very old one, but is STILL being played. Anyone ever heard of Re-Volt? It's a really cool RC game that you race RC cars around random tracks, like a neighborhood, a museum, a supermarket, and a ghost town. It has bad graphics, but it is a fun game! Plus, people make RC car and track mods you can get. There are Ferraris, Bugattis, Lamborghini's, BMW's, and a bunch more, including made up cars. It's a fun game that you can shoot other cars with weapons, and you can make your own tracks, too.

I've still got re-volt for the ps1, great game! It has such a nice 'feel' to it, that I really can't place...the tracks are just so amazing! I spent ages on it when I was 6 or 7, possibly older, and won/unlocked/achieved everything! The clockwork cars were great fun. I recently downloaded it for pc (running in dosbox) and it just doesn't feel as nice...the controls are too jerky, everything is too light and clean. But on the playstation, it still feels great!
Quote from Timdpr :I've still got re-volt for the ps1, great game! It has such a nice 'feel' to it, that I really can't place...the tracks are just so amazing! I spent ages on it when I was 6 or 7, possibly older, and won/unlocked/achieved everything! The clockwork cars were great fun. I recently downloaded it for pc (running in dosbox) and it just doesn't feel as nice...the controls are too jerky, everything is too light and clean. But on the playstation, it still feels great!

You could still play the psx version of revolt on the pc using an emulator. (epsxe f.e.)
Damn I haven't played Re-Volt for YEARS ! That game was awesome !
I can play re-volt on my backwards-compatible ps2
desert bus
Quote from Lible :I'll start with XIII

<

Aww man, XIII is the game I played the most on my older PC. Now I lost the CD but I must've done the game atleast 7 times. It was awesome. I liked the cartoonish atmosphere and all.
ArmA (Armed Assault) + 1.15 patch + A.C.E. mod.
ArmA 2's coming out soon though
Ace mod 1.02 was released and it seems like it's great, still downloading.

Another underrated game I spent years on (as a mod and alter as retail) Red Orchestra
Quote from Crashgate3 :Trespasser.

Basically, FarCry but they got there 5 years earlier, and with dinosaurs.

OK, the game was a bit too advanced for the hardware (it used ragdolls and bumpmaps, way before any other game) and the control system was *terrible* - everything was done using the character's arm for which you controlled each joint invididually, by holding down certain keys and moving the mouse. So to pick up a gun and shoot it, you had to kneel down, manoevre the hand to the gun, pick it up, manoevre your hand to sight down it (if you didn't aim the gun forwards, it would fire off to the side - there no crosshairs in this game) then fire.

One I got used to the controls though, I fell in love with it.

A truely awesome game I must admit. A very good article can be found about the games creation on GamaSutra : http://www.gamasutra.com/features/19990514/trespasser_01.htm
Quote from ColeusRattus :Ace mod 1.02 was released and it seems like it's great, still downloading.

Another underrated game I spent years on (as a mod and alter as retail) Red Orchestra

I got it... AWESOME STUFF
Tron 2.0 for pc

Look´s good in GFX

Also the game have some touch of RPG , you need update your skills or weapons or healt bar or hacking bar , is very complete , also has the lightcycles in the game , wass a good game
Ghost Recon, loved that game. The new ones suck, the first ones were awesome, and the expansion packs, Desert Storm and Island Thunder.
That Tron 2.0 reminded me of something.

Armagetron Advanced

A free lightcycle game with brilliant multiplayer mode. Highly recommended. Not really underrated, just not well known.
Quote from Inouva :Tron 2.0 for pc

Look´s good in GFX

Also the game have some touch of RPG , you need update your skills or weapons or healt bar or hacking bar , is very complete , also has the lightcycles in the game , wass a good game

You should put up a epletic warning, horrible colors.
About the game itself I canot comment since I have not tried it.
Looks like a groovy mid 90's disco scene! Me wanties.
Ok the game mod i would reccomend is Battlefield 2 Alliend Intent Extended mod. Since i torrented BF2 since i don't have the money to buy the game i can't play online but thats fine becuase AIX is so good for the main reson being the AI it tottally reworked and the are so good now as they can acually kill me now Its like playing online and it's better than online as the AI is way better team work and if your in a helo and say bail out they will bail out not just some or none. So i highly recommend it as i can't stop playing it.
Extreme-G racing series for the N64, PS2 or Gamecube are rather good. They could be difficult to get used to, since it's all straight-up arcade and XG3's menu music can be annoying.
a
:uglyhamme

Underrated games
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG