Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Tbh, if some moron had done something INCREDIBILY moronic, such as in Alex's (ajp's) example, I'd also give them a "friendly" tap up the backside to let them know they're doing so! I hardly think a 1mph speed difference will cause someone to veer off into a firey ball of death!

Jibber rules work both ways. If someone breaks them, then karma would say someone else will break them too. What goes around comes around, as they say.

You would be surprised how bad some drivers really are. Some of them will start to overcorrect your 1mph difference tap, and end up flicking their steering wheel around... and well, in the worst case, you'll have your firey ball of death.

And as for the rules working both ways. I see your point, but it doesn't work that way. You are supposed to be smarter than the idiots... and to say something like "what goes around comes around" (which is basically true in life, yes) doesn't work either. You can't justify doing something illegal only because "the others did it too!".

If somebody is stealing from your neighbour, do you steal from them to give them a lesson? And what will the police say if they get called because somebody else found you doing that? "Ohh, you only did it to teach him a lesson, because he did it in the first place... this makes your stealing legal of course, yes! Excuse us please for disturbing you, have a nice evening sir!"?

It's pretty much the same as your logic when it came to game piracy. Some things are just illegal, and no matter how hard you try, you can't really justify them. So why do you keep trying?

(i hope you don't take offense either of my post, i think you're a nice guy basically)
#77 - 5haz
Gently bumping someone is not bad at all, so long as you don't do it excessively and you don't do it at an idiotic time when it is likely to cause a crash, In racing you often have to bump other people gently on the side just to let them know you are there and you're not going to back down easily.

Of course you have to be wary that if an accident does happen, you're probrably going to get completely slaughtered in court if the other driver says you bumped him!

Sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands to teach idiots a lesson, I think the law should be changed to take that into account.

That prat who went to prison did a pit on the car infront, which is slightly different from a gentle nundge.
!

No offense taken..

Although on the stealing bit, if someone stole from me I'd probably steal something of equal importance from them..

I know it's a rather 'childish' mindset, but here in the UK there's no faith in the police.

I know of people who've had motorbikes stolen. They know exactly where it was, they told them police about it, and they never even bothered to show up. It was gone by the time they did (in the next millenia! :razz

It's about respect.. for example, if someone were to steal my bike, and I knew who, I probably would go round with a baseball bat and show them how I roll...

(don't get the point about game piracy though.. I HAVE MY REASONS )

But seriously, it's just about respect for your fellow man (or woman!). People don't respect each other nowadays... gone are those days..
Quote from jibber :You would be surprised how bad some drivers really are. Some of them will start to overcorrect your 1mph difference tap, and end up flicking their steering wheel around... and well, in the worst case, you'll have your firey ball of death.

And that is exactly what Blueflame seems to forget. A slight nudge (which in itself might not be dangerous) might cause bad drivers to overreact and total their car or worse.

If I were to have someone in front of me who deliberately blocked me, I'd just sit behind it and wait for my moment to pass. Maybe I could get them to pull over and have a little chat. However, I wouldn't tap their car because who knows how they'll react.

Their reaction might be more dangerous than my action of tapping their car.

Quote from jibber :(i hope you don't take offense either of my post, i think you're a nice guy basically)

<3

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Although on the stealing bit, if someone stole from me I'd probably steal something of equal importance from them..
I know it's a rather 'childish' mindset, but here in the UK there's no faith in the police.
I know of people who've had motorbikes stolen. They know exactly where it was, they told them police about it, and they never even bothered to show up. It was gone by the time they did (in the next millenia! )
It's about respect.. for example, if someone were to steal my bike, and I knew who, I probably would go round with a baseball bat and show them how I roll...

I agree. However, I wouldn't visit him with my baseball bat (). I'd just ask some of my mates to help me get the bike back. A van and a long plank would do, and tools to unlock the bike from whatever it's locked to.
Quote : denied manslaughter but admitted being the driver of a Vauxhall Senator

I'd rather have admitted manslaughter than the driver of a Vauxhall Senator hahaha
Quote from BlueFlame :There is PLENTY justification for deliberately hitting someone whilst driving... Some people only learn the hard way, and to be rammed from behind non fatally is the EASY way... You clearly braketest people, it's not fun, it's dangerous, you wouldn't believe the consertina effect it has on motorways because when people see brake lights it's like a panic button in their minds has been pressed and you will see people braking all the way down the motorway, when there are 100m gaps inbetween drivers and they are all going roughly around the speedlimit...

I don't understand people like you, because clearly you are defending braketesters and dualcarridgeway blockers too, it happened to my dad once where someone in a Rover or some crap moved right when my dad wanted to overtake, my dad then went back to his original position on the left hand side only to be obstructed yet again, so he went to the right AGAIN only to be BLOCKED AGAIN, so he rammed him in the rear, then the blocking driver had the cheek to report my dad and my dad got points on his license, and if he hadn't of rammed him, his license would've been completely clean.

I agree with AJP, it's not half as dangerous as braketesting someone it SHOULD stop them from doing it, it's the most annoying, dangerous thing people do on the road, and drivers like women don't realise they are doing it, some women and men seem to have a problem with understanding how THEIR driving actions can affect OTHER motorists and cause crashes. I HATE that kind of ignorance...

Firstly stop making assumptions, it only makes you look stupid.

Secondly, I never braketest people. I'd never even heard the term before I read it on here. If some idiot wants to sit 2" off my rear bumper I'm just going to gradually slow down, (and I mean gradually so they are fully aware of what I'm doing), then I'll floor it. 9 times out of 10 I'll pull away from them becauase I have more torque than most of the idiots who drive like that and they get the message and don't bumper hug me anymore. If they continue to drive like a moron then I'll pull over and let them drive like it.

I hardly ever drive at the speed limit but I won't drive stupidly fast either, so the only people I ever hold up are the ****s that think they are michael schumacher and want to drive a good 20mph + faster than everyone else is going. In those circumstances I just move over and pray that when/if they have an accident it's only themselves they kill.

Lastly I'm not siding with people that brake test or pull out in front of you last minute and then don't go anywhere etc, they are stupid idiotic and dangerous drivers no doubt. But as I said, there is absolutely NO justification for ever intentionally hitting someone when driving. If I ever see someone doing it I will be noting their number plate and making a phone call to the police. You can trust me on that. There is a huge difference between being frustrated, annoyed and even put at risk by other drivers and being the idiot that's doing it!!

PS - Your dad deserved everything he got for what he did. He should have just backed off and let the other guy drive like a moron, better yet he should have reported him to the police and got him points on his license.
I've seen someone deliberately brake test and block a car before. My dad was driving us back from seeing our cousins, and doing 5mph over the speed limit on a dual carriageway. We came upon 2 cars behind each other in the driving lane doing at least 20mph less than the limit. One of them (a Rover) seemed to see us coming and pulled out into our lane matching the speed of the other car.

It was obvious they were retarded and didn't know the speed limit, and also didn't like people who went faster than them, so they deliberately blocked us. Of course my dad didn't slow down and made sure he only slowed down at the last possible second. My dad promtly flashed his lights and beeped the horn at them, and they still didn't move, which is actually against the highway code, which they would know if they had bloody read it. I'm sure if the police had been there they would have stopped the Rover for dangerous driving and driving too slow, pulling out and deliberately blocking a car with a closing speed of nearly 30mph is just a little bit stupid.
It's always someone in a Rover it seems anyway.....
Quote from ajp71 :Absolute worst thing to do is show the brake lights, many drivers (including myself) will happily hit a car deliberately brake testing them. Just last Friday I did exactly that, I was coming up the outside lane @ 75mph on a 70mph perfectly straight section of dual carriageway, there were two other vehicles around a lorry in the slow lane and a Primera traveling somewhat slower than the speed limit behind said lorry. At the last minute the Primera pulled out without indicating and forced me to brake, speed now down to 57mph according to the satnav (the boss's of course, I stubbornly insist on reading maps ). I then followed about a car length behind the car rather frustrated that it had dangerously pulled out infront of me and now wasn't doing anything to improve the situation by barely driving faster than the lorry. Evidentely the old boy driving it felt he had some kind of right to be as anti-social as possible and decided to brake hard infront of me, and more than testing the brakes speed was down to 44mph according to the GPS, with the slightest tap of his back bumper he instantly found the accelerator passed the lorry and got out the way again.

Whilst I felt it was safe had anything happened it would be your fault for brake testing, simply don't do it, especially when the car behind looks like it is old and solid and wouldn't give two shits about getting physical.

Brake testing is fine for people who are right on your bumper as long as you dont slow down. In fact, its recommended. Thats what I've been told my driving school (run by Police officers), my dad (Ex State Trooper), and others. Now, talking about what you said, where the guy slowed down, that seems kind of stupid, but makes more sense to be angry about. Oh, well. Different cultures. I guess we just have a hell of a lot more road rage here.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's always someone in a Rover it seems anyway.....

OY! i love my rover.

/runs away.
Rice rims and exhaust!!! :hide:
[OT]

Jesus christ Jamie! Your post count has gone up by a thousand in less than a month!

[/OT]

Those wheels aren't rice.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Rice rims and exhaust!!! :hide:

The exhaust isnt just a chavvy rage backbox, its a performance system (£220 worth) and has given a healthy increase in power, especially once the revs are wound up. It does sound very loud, but only if you cain it, it is very quiet if you drive gently. I originally wanted the 2 1/2 round tailpipe, but they only had the oval one in stock so i went for that instead.

For teh soundz, click HERE! This is the exact same system as mine.

Plus the wheels were only £60 off ebay with the tyres, which was actually cheaper than replacing the 2 nackered tyres that were on my standard steelies.

I know your'e only messin, but any oppertunity i have to post that exhaust video, ill take it!
Well, it does seem to me from experience that the general middle lane molesters seem to be driving Rovers, Peugeots and Renaults. Just an observationalistic opinion though, of course. :P
Because most people tend to own those sorts of cars.

Generally it's only the 4x4 drivers or big saloons (S classes, 7 series etc) that fall under the "I am a twat" road userbase.

They actually think that because thier car would cost upwards of £70k (if it wasn't a company car!!) they're better than you/deserve the road more.

Isn't the case, and let them know that.
Quote from danthebangerboy :The exhaust isnt just a chavvy rage backbox, its a performance system (£220 worth) and has given a healthy increase in power, especially once the revs are wound up.

Doubt it. I've got a cat-back Magnex system on mine (£350 worth if we're counting) but I didn't buy it for performance. I bought it because the stock exhaust was shot and I picked this stainless one up for less than the price of a stock new one, and I'm a chav at heart. Maybe it adds 1hp, maybe it doesn't, who knows/cares, its menial anyway.
Most likely wouldn't add much horsepower unless you sort the fuelling out when you get it done, unless it's just a cover up halfords chav-up kit.

pb32000, welcome to the chav list mate!
Quote from speed1 :Brake testing is fine for people who are right on your bumper as long as you dont slow down. In fact, its recommended. Thats what I've been told my driving school (run by Police officers), my dad (Ex State Trooper), and others. Now, talking about what you said, where the guy slowed down, that seems kind of stupid, but makes more sense to be angry about. Oh, well. Different cultures. I guess we just have a hell of a lot more road rage here.

Sorry? I don't believe for a second that anybody, especially the old bill, could ever attempt to justify deliberately and totally needlessly slowing down to deal with a car that is too close so is going to be even less likely to slow down in time.

Quote from pb32000 :Doubt it. I've got a cat-back Magnex system on mine (£350 worth if we're counting) but I didn't buy it for performance. I bought it because the stock exhaust was shot and I picked this stainless one up for less than the price of a stock new one, and I'm a chav at heart. Maybe it adds 1hp, maybe it doesn't, who knows/cares, its menial anyway.

If anything it is likely to reduce power by mucking up the manufacturers designed gas flow, which were like they were for a reason.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Tbh, if some moron had done something INCREDIBILY moronic, such as in Alex's (ajp's) example, I'd also give them a "friendly" tap up the backside to let them know they're doing so! I hardly think a 1mph speed difference will cause someone to veer off into a firey ball of death!

I think I should emphasise that I would never hit someone who hadn't done something extremely dangerous and known exactly what they were doing. If someone is sitting in the fast lane at 50mph then so be it I'll flash my lights but I'm not going to hit them, equally if a muppet pulls out dangerously and then attempts to right their wrong and put their foot down then I'm not going to hit them or flash my lights or in any other way have a go at them, people do make mistakes and silly decisions after all.

In this case though the other driver made a very dangerous move, which had I been driving 10mph faster (which is pretty typical on said piece of road) there is no way I could have slowed to his pace, the road was completely empty apart from the three vehicles involved, he had made no attempt to pull out earlier, I had not changed my speed and he made no attempt to indicate. Having got over the initial stupid maneuver I expected him to make some attempt to speed up and rectify the situation. He didn't just show me the brake lights (which is highly dangerous in itself) but slammed on the brakes hard. I managed to stop in my car by braking as hard as I could, had he been driving a more modern car with better brakes I would have gone straight into the back of him, equally if he had done it infront of a perfectly legal classic car, HGV or towing car he would have caused an accident. Had he done this to an unmarked police car I'm sure he wouldn't be driving any more. I don't think giving him a light tap square on the back of his car is going to cause an accident, in the worse case scenario we're doing 44mph on a deserted dual carriageway with barriers on either side, even in the event of an accident you'd have to try to do anything more than a glancing cosemtic blow to your car in this case (the bemused lorry driver had already repassed the pair of us nearly ground to a halt in the fast lane). TBH I wouldn't be suprised if a driver like that would do the same thing in the fast lane of a busy motorway, where he would be guarranteed to cause a pile up.
That could have been a well known insurance scam, they go out with 2 or 3 vehicles and deliberately cut people up then slam on their brakes. The other drivers act as witnesses saying the victim was speeding and not paying attention, and then they extort money out of the person.
Quote from speed1 :Brake testing is fine for people who are right on your bumper as long as you dont slow down.

Quote from ajp71 :Sorry? I don't believe for a second that anybody, especially the old bill, could ever attempt to justify deliberately and totally needlessly slowing down to deal with a car that is too close so is going to be even less likely to slow down in time.

Maybe I should make this clear for a third time (counting what Jakg said). You tap the pedal just enough to to light up the brake lights. Plus, at least locally, most of the tailgating is in areas where the car can go around anyways. For example, a bit ago today I was doing around 50 in a 45 zone in the right lane (correct for the US) with more than ample room to pass on the the left (like is correct), but the idiot in his Ford was right on my bumper, so I tapped the brake with my left foot to engage the lights and he went around.
Quote from speed1 :Maybe I should make this clear for a third time (counting what Jakg said). You tap the pedal just enough to to light up the brake lights. Plus, at least locally, most of the tailgating is in areas where the car can go around anyways. For example, a bit ago today I was doing around 50 in a 45 zone in the right lane (correct for the US) with more than ample room to pass on the the left (like is correct), but the idiot in his Ford was right on my bumper, so I tapped the brake with my left foot to engage the lights and he went around.

Tapping the brakes or otherwise is still extremely dangerous, not least because you are wanting the car behind to think you are slowing down.
Really, that is the whole point. To get the person to pay attention and off their phone. Thats dangerous? Why is this so recommended? In fact, blipping the brakes along with slowing up a bit is probably the best technique that I've used to get people to go around. Its not something you'd do in heavy traffic or if they cant go around.
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer : wrong thread or i was lookin at the wrong page
How can you judge another cars speed from yours that precisely? Also, do you constantly go under the speed limit, never breaking it?
When did I say I go under the speed limit constantly? I do my best to stick in the flow of traffic. Besides, its when people get on you tail and wont pass despite the fact they can with no issue. Also, what did I say that involved judging a car's speed exactly?

Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG