Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
It wasn't "the look" that got to me - it was the total lack of care for other drivers that got to me (i.e. wtf would he have done if I put my foot down once the car in front went left - he would of gone straight into my door and would be totally to blame!)
Quote from danthebangerboy :Indeed. Old volvo's and ford cargos. Pull a fuse out = Unlimited!

i didnt mean that old i meant more older (anything with a manual tacho really tbh)

just tell the tacho system it has smaller diameter wheels on it lol, gives you a bit more speed and it dont show on the tacho, but the new systems make this impossible(i think lol)
Quote from james12s :
people judge truckers without really understanding

I would have to agree. They are human to. They make mistakes, and when you spend that much time on the road, everything tends to blend. I guess highway hypnosis. Plus, for my driving school, a trucker brought in his truck (with no trailer might I add) and had us sit inside and look at the blind spots. The mirrors were actually set just about right for me. I couldnt see a dang thing.

But as far as other drivers go, I've seen a huge increase in people running reds, not signaling, running stop signs, and other things like that in the last few months.
Most truck drivers (UK registered ones, anyway) are pretty nice (to me, anyway), often moving over so I can pass them more easily, some even warning me of upcoming mobile police cameras. However, the majority of them still dump diesel over the roundabouts near the industrial estates near me, so it's sort of a win-lose.

lol bike+lorry populated industrial estate = fail

trucks are still a bikers worst enemy and always will be for that reason alone although newer trucks arnt as bad
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :
But I have had it on 30 and 40 limit roads. As though doing the speed limit is some great crime to humanity.

Me too, I tend to drop it down to a casual 10-15mph and sit in the middle of the road. Tis fun to see the look on their face get angrier and angrier.
And i thought the drivers in austria are stupid
#33 - Jakg
Or just brake-test them (jab the brakes lightly so the lights come on - shouldn't slow the car down at all and usually makes the person behind me stop driving 3 inches from my bumper with his lights on full beam and talking on the phone...)
#34 - 5haz
I think ive found a vid of the Postman you keep running into Jak, but I won't post it for fear of Admin's Silver Infraction Hammer coming down upon my head.
#35 - Jakg
I wish i could find a camera that constantly records and then just saves the last 30 seconds or so when I press a button - would be useful to show exactly what has happened...
#36 - 5haz
Quote from Jakg :I wish i could find a camera that constantly records and then just saves the last 30 seconds or so when I press a button - would be useful to show exactly what has happened...

Yeah, you could get them reported to CTRA, that would stop 'em
#37 - Jakg
LOL

Seeing as i'm a CTRA admin i'd be a little biased :P
Quote from Stefani24 :And i thought the drivers in austria are stupid

So what? What's the worst that's going to happen if some gold-digger picking her little darling up from school has to slow down a little in response to ramming her X5 up my arse? I couldn't care less tbh.
#39 - Jakg
I think he was referring to drivers in general, not you directly...

OT - My mate drove to school yesterday for the first time after failing his test twice - he parked so badly he had to get out and push (!) his car into the space.

He wonders why girls want a lift home with me instead of him?! :X
Quote from Jakg :Or just brake-test them (jab the brakes lightly so the lights come on - shouldn't slow the car down at all and usually makes the person behind me stop driving 3 inches from my bumper with his lights on full beam and talking on the phone...)

Absolute worst thing to do is show the brake lights, many drivers (including myself) will happily hit a car deliberately brake testing them. Just last Friday I did exactly that, I was coming up the outside lane @ 75mph on a 70mph perfectly straight section of dual carriageway, there were two other vehicles around a lorry in the slow lane and a Primera traveling somewhat slower than the speed limit behind said lorry. At the last minute the Primera pulled out without indicating and forced me to brake, speed now down to 57mph according to the satnav (the boss's of course, I stubbornly insist on reading maps ). I then followed about a car length behind the car rather frustrated that it had dangerously pulled out infront of me and now wasn't doing anything to improve the situation by barely driving faster than the lorry. Evidentely the old boy driving it felt he had some kind of right to be as anti-social as possible and decided to brake hard infront of me, and more than testing the brakes speed was down to 44mph according to the GPS, with the slightest tap of his back bumper he instantly found the accelerator passed the lorry and got out the way again.

Whilst I felt it was safe had anything happened it would be your fault for brake testing, simply don't do it, especially when the car behind looks like it is old and solid and wouldn't give two shits about getting physical.
Quote from Jakg :Was going round a single-lane mini-roundabout, going straight over - I start to go round, then the guy in the Asda van behind undertakes me by going straight over the middle of the roundabout and almost hits me while giving me a dirty look out the window - WTF!

If he passed you on your right hand side, he didn't UNDERTAKE you, in theory.

I also HATE braketesters..... Sheep on the motorway, all sitting in the middle lane for MILES about 200meters apart, if they see red lights ahead tthey use the brakes aswell, or better yet, use the brakes to stick to the speed limit..... Causes crashes... and people wonder why they are getting beeped at.... And people driving with fog lights on when you can see clearly 400m infront..... THAT annoys me... They don't realise they are blinding people coming the other way... Or blinding the people coming to overtake.. and THEN you have the next day when EVERYONE still has the foglights on cos they were too retarded to switch them off overnight and are STILL running them in the day......
Quote from Jakg :I wish i could find a camera that constantly records and then just saves the last 30 seconds or so when I press a button - would be useful to show exactly what has happened...

There are many kicking around. Insurance companies are also giving them to fleet cars and recently I saw some software that does it on any Windows Mobile.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I mean ignore the blithering idiot's gestures towards you.

Some dude gave me the birdie the other day, so I waved at him and rode off. Laughing, I may add.

I was about to commen to the OP if he feels he gets treated badly driving a car to try riding a motorbike. With car drivers they're just being stupid. When it comes to motorcycles a fair percentage of car drivers actively begrudge you even being on the road. For example, I lost count of the number of drivers that pulled forward in a queue of traffic and purposfuly pulled over near a traffic island etc to block my path. Why ?? well basicaly they hate the fact that on a motorcycle you're making progress and they're not, and all because they're too frightened to ride one themselves.
Quote from ajp71 :Absolute worst thing to do is show the brake lights, many drivers (including myself) will happily hit a car deliberately brake testing them. Just last Friday I did exactly that, I was coming up the outside lane @ 75mph on a 70mph perfectly straight section of dual carriageway, there were two other vehicles around a lorry in the slow lane and a Primera traveling somewhat slower than the speed limit behind said lorry. At the last minute the Primera pulled out without indicating and forced me to brake, speed now down to 57mph according to the satnav (the boss's of course, I stubbornly insist on reading maps ). I then followed about a car length behind the car rather frustrated that it had dangerously pulled out infront of me and now wasn't doing anything to improve the situation by barely driving faster than the lorry. Evidentely the old boy driving it felt he had some kind of right to be as anti-social as possible and decided to brake hard infront of me, and more than testing the brakes speed was down to 44mph according to the GPS, with the slightest tap of his back bumper he instantly found the accelerator passed the lorry and got out the way again.

Whilst I felt it was safe had anything happened it would be your fault for brake testing, simply don't do it, especially when the car behind looks like it is old and solid and wouldn't give two shits about getting physical.

Your fault for brake testing?? are you joking?? The fault is 100% completely yours for hitting him deliberately!!! That makes you a complete moron. IMO people like you should be banned from driving for life. Tagging someone up the rear is one of the most dangerous things you can do whilst driving. I don't care how stupidly the guy in front was behaving there is absolutely no justification for deliberately hitting someone whilst driving.
Quote from gezmoor :Your fault for brake testing?? are you joking?? The fault is 100% completely yours for hitting him deliberately!!! That makes you a complete moron. IMO people like you should be banned from driving for life. Tagging someone up the rear is one of the most dangerous things you can do whilst driving. I don't care how stupidly the guy in front was behaving there is absolutely no justification for deliberately hitting someone whilst driving.

Sorry but i totally agree with ajp. If someone is deliberately brake testing and taking the piss, just to be arkward, then they are the ones causing the hazard by braking randomly for no reason, and as such fully deserve to be tapped lightly.

I know that in the eyes of the law the person that does the hit is at fault, but if someone is deliberately blocking for no good reason they deserve it, as it's their own fault IMO. I have done it and i would again, although this is only in extreme circumstances, and when i had my volvo 240 estate, i wouldnt be so inclined to do so in a car with airbags, like my little rover.
Quote from Jakg :Was going round a single-lane mini-roundabout, going straight over - I start to go round, then the guy in the Asda van behind undertakes me by going straight over the middle of the roundabout and almost hits me while giving me a dirty look out the window - WTF!

Going down the GF's road (a single track road - where I had my accident) the postman comes round on the "wrong side" of the road on a blind bend at 30 - it was lucky I was doing 5 and could pull over onto the verge, otherwise I woulda had a head-on...

WTF is up with drivers!

youre a male driver under the age of 22.... you have no if ands or buts, your ALWAYS at fault. Fact. Ageisim is Ripe in most every society
I hate shit drivers and when people don't park properly.

I hate it when people never let you out. They ****ing look at you and just go straight past.

This sort of parking isn't uncommon where I work and locally:

There was no-one in the car so it wasn't that they hadn't finished parking or anything.
Shocking. An SUV driver who doesn't know the width of their car and can't park? Surely not!
Quote from Jakg :LOL

Seeing as i'm a CTRA admin i'd be a little biased :P

You are not listed on the 'About' page.
#50 - Jakg
Because i'm new and because Sam seems to have died (if your reading this WTF has happened to you Sam!)

Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG