The online racing simulator
Strength
(33 posts, started )
Strength
How to increase the drive strength of 200% to 350% strength,
where I have to change the file cfg.txt and that is final

When I opened this topic, not as I thought it would be controversial and generate many controvesias, but this is very good, since everyone is discussing the best way to drive in LFS, I use the mouse, but I do not have wheel adapted to it.
But no one informed me how to change the strength to 350% and sets them in the game (cfg.text)

Excuse my English

#2 - ZORER
Quote from pjuniorbra :How to increase the drive strength of 200% to 350% strength,

uuuuuhm... huh? what? change the max ffb from 200 to 350%? why if i may ask?
isnt 200% enough?

your gonna kill that wheel
Quote from asbjoern :isnt 200% enough?

your gonna kill that wheel

Or the wheel is gonna kill you
200% is already unrealistic IMO... why you'd want as much as 350% is beyond me
i use 30%
Hmm, i broke my wheel when i was constantly using 200%, so i won't recommend you setting it to 350.
Quote from pjuniorbra :How to increase the drive strength of 200% to 350% strength,

wich wheel do you use?
I use 10 - 20% with my DFP and that feels stronger than my actual car.
Even at 200% it would be at full wheel strength nearly all the time. 350% would just be a constant maximum force in either direction. Might as well ditch the motor and just fit car springs to the steering column.
If you fit car springs in it, wouldn't you pretty much not be able to steer whatsoever? Might as well just use the mouse at that point.
G25 for bodybuilding wins \\o \o/ o//
I use 55% in LFS and 101% in Logitech Profiler and it is more than enough.
Not really the same topic but I don't want to open a new thread.

I use a G25 (100/30% FFB) and it's really nice for the XFG but everything above it feels very heavy and almost impossible to countersteer (using the realistic wheel turn values). So I decided to make scripts for each car changing the FFB to a more realistic value but I have no experience with real cars. I could lower the FFB to say 15-20% and just raise it to 30% for XFG and 25% for XRG and they'd be pretty alike but I don't really want to make all the same. So the question is: what force value do you recommend for each car if the main directive is making them feel as real as possible?
Quote from HavocS :Not really the same topic but I don't want to open a new thread.

I use a G25 (100/30% FFB) and it's really nice for the XFG but everything above it feels very heavy and almost impossible to countersteer (using the realistic wheel turn values). So I decided to make scripts for each car changing the FFB to a more realistic value but I have no experience with real cars. I could lower the FFB to say 15-20% and just raise it to 30% for XFG and 25% for XRG and they'd be pretty alike but I don't really want to make all the same. So the question is: what force value do you recommend for each car if the main directive is making them feel as real as possible?

Good idea !

I'd say, let's assume that most of the road cars in LFS have powersteering except the UF1 (old car) and the RAC (concept car).
Usually, the three main aspects are :
- Weight : the heavier, the harder it will be to turn.
- Tires : the softer, the heavier the steering will be.
- Powersteering or not : This is very important, and cars without powersteering will seem a lot heavier than with
Quote from Zen321 :Good idea !

I'd say, let's assume that most of the road cars in LFS have powersteering except the UF1 (old car) and the RAC (concept car).
Usually, the three main aspects are :
- Weight : the heavier, the harder it will be to turn.
- Tires : the softer, the heavier the steering will be.
- Powersteering or not : This is very important, and cars without powersteering will seem a lot heavier than with

And that's when my lack of experience comes: does powersteering just help a bit so the difference between a car with wide tyres and one with normal (like comparing the FXR to the RB4) is still noticable or does it feel completely the same? In other words: should the FXR feel SO much heavier than the XFG?
Quote from HavocS :And that's when my lack of experience comes: does powersteering just help a bit so the difference between a car with wide tyres and one with normal (like comparing the FXR to the RB4) is still noticable or does it feel completely the same? In other words: should the FXR feel SO much heavier than the XFG?

Powersteering helps a lot. I assume that the FXR doesn't have powersteering. I would hate to drive a car with slicks that wide without power steering. It's a serious workout So yes, if they were real cars the FXR would feel a lot heavier than the XFG or the other road cars.

I tend to lower the FFB strength in the game a bit when I switch to GTR cars. Not so much that they feel like the road cars, but enough so that it's still possible to catch a slide, correct a spin etc... I don't think there's any real fixed value here, it all comes down to personal preference. Fiddle around with it and find a setting that seems realistic to you and suits you.
Quote from obsolum :Powersteering helps a lot. I assume that the FXR doesn't have powersteering. I would hate to drive a car with slicks that wide without power steering. It's a serious workout So yes, if they were real cars the FXR would feel a lot heavier than the XFG or the other road cars.

I tend to lower the FFB strength in the game a bit when I switch to GTR cars. Not so much that they feel like the road cars, but enough so that it's still possible to catch a slide, correct a spin etc... I don't think there's any real fixed value here, it all comes down to personal preference. Fiddle around with it and find a setting that seems realistic to you and suits you.

So that means LFS already counts in the FFB simulation if the car has powersteering or not? If that's the situation, then I simply have to get used to it Or maybe lower it by 5% for the GTR cars to have at least a chance against others
When I opened this topic, not as I thought it would be controversial and generate many controvesias, but this is very good, since everyone is discussing the best way to drive in LFS, I use the mouse, but I do not have wheel adapted to it.
But no one informed me how to change the strength to 350% and sets them in the game (cfg.text)

Excuse my English
FF Strength 350.00

In your CFG.TXT.
Quote from pjuniorbra :When I opened this topic, not as I thought it would be controversial and generate many controvesias, but this is very good, since everyone is discussing the best way to drive in LFS, I use the mouse, but I do not have wheel adapted to it.

Excuse my English

i think the main reason for not answering is that nobody knows how to make it 350%, when 200% is max + overkill...
Quote from pjuniorbra :When I opened this topic, not as I thought it would be controversial and generate many controvesias, but this is very good, since everyone is discussing the best way to drive in LFS, I use the mouse, but I do not have wheel adapted to it.

Excuse my English

I don't think that's possible without hacking deeper into the game. LFS wiki says the /ff command used in scripts has a range of 0-200 which is the same you can adjust in the game with sliders.

Excuse my English

Are you saying that you use the mouse to drive in LFS? Then you're not talking about the FFB strength of the wheel.

What strength is it that you are talking about?

Strength
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG