The online racing simulator
BF1 The Story
(48 posts, started )
Quote from Renku :Scawen+Victor+Eric
and not only the community uses Scavier, e.g. Scavier is written on the XFR that is on the front page of http://www.liveforspeed.net/

ahhhhhhhhh lol just noticed where it says "Several fixes and improvements"

SEVERAL

LOL

The word several should NOT be used in an exciting headline!

Back on topic though! I too am very interested as to how this all happend, and what the terms are etc!
I'm busy sorting out a nice clean install to patch, getting a skin ready, and trying not to think too much about it.

I still can't belive BMW have got involved, with friends like those the possibilities are endless. (I can't help thinking the N word)
Quote from TaiFong :Here is the official story:

Scavier: "Yo, Bimmer, I need that fly ass whip right there"
BMW: "Aight"
Scavier: (To LFS community) "Ay, check dis. We got this new thang right here, dawg. Fast as hell, yo."
LFS Community: "Oh snap son!"

:clapclap:
Mebe we might be able to get licensed cars now that there is a big name involved. How about the BMW M3, M5, M6 and mebe a Z4 or somthing....With this name under them i cant see why other big names would not want to get involved. One thing is certain tho lfs is really growing and i think it will just keep growing.
At least it could be slightly easier to get some real life tracks to LFS. I can't think of an track owner who could resist to put a PC on the side of his track and let customers to drive an F1 (ooh!) car on that peculiar track

One track comes to my mind...
#31 - DR3W
Ya this is realy kool, maybe they well pull of some more kicka$$ cars and car brands!
Im sure they well tell us the hole story in 3 days!
Quote from Theafro :I'm busy sorting out a nice clean install to patch, getting a skin ready, and trying not to think too much about it.

I still can't belive BMW have got involved, with friends like those the possibilities are endless. (I can't help thinking the N word)

The N word ... Naughty (no), Natural (nope), Nitrous (oh my!) ... Oh my, wash your mouth.
Maybe he need to listen to less rap music.
#34 - SamH
Quote from Theafro :(I can't help thinking the N word)

Nigel Mansel?
Quote from EeekiE :ahhhhhhhhh lol just noticed where it says "Several fixes and improvements"

SEVERAL

LOL

The word several should NOT be used in an exciting headline!

Not to downplay anything... but that headline is from the last patch
Quote from Becky Rose :I cant remember where I read it, and i've no idea if it's true - maybe just a rumour, maybe based on truth and now has been chinese wispered, but the tale I read somewhere was...

BMW are opening a theme park thingamy and wanted a simulator where you could drive an F1, they looked around for a suiteable simulator that they could impose themselves on.

That might not be very far from the truth... http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s491/st94118.htm

That piece of news only has the same mentioning "in the driving simulator, it's you against the clock" than in the BMW-Sauber F1 team website.

But goddamn, the devs are really smart bastards. I hope they don't keep secret this story about this whole thing forever.

Quote from Hyperactive :One track comes to my mind...

Nords...? It's not possible to have a thread in the LFS forum without mentioning one certain track... LOL

Seriously, while looking "that" badass, i think they just scared the s**t out of these "bimmer" guys...
Quote from Dygear :It would be cool to see Live For Speed's logo on an F1 car for real. I mean, wow.

mmm, Imola GP coincides with launch date
Quote from Taavi(EST) :
Seriously, while looking "that" badass, i think they just scared the s**t out of these "bimmer" guys...

haha great
Quote from Taavi(EST) :

good one!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Not to downplay anything... but that headline is from the last patch

Yeah I know it says for the language patch. That wasn't the point, I just never realised it said "several". Dunno it just tickled me.
Quote from Hyperactive :At least it could be slightly easier to get some real life tracks to LFS. I can't think of an track owner who could resist to put a PC on the side of his track and let customers to drive an F1 (ooh!) car on that peculiar track

One track comes to my mind...

yeah I also have a track on my mind, unfortunatly it's not driven this year. I don't mean the Nordschleife (although it would also be great) but I think of Spa Francorchamps.
hmmm, in the nurburgring museum, there is a z4 that is hooked up to a game system, playing some random touring car game. the pedals work(bar clutch, its auto) as does the wheel, maybe they will change it for lfs at some point...will make more of a reason to go out to the ring even more times in a year.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/v4forlife/z42.jpg
Quote from v4forlife :hmmm, in the nurburgring museum, there is a z4 that is hooked up to a game system, playing some random touring car game. the pedals work(bar clutch, its auto) as does the wheel, maybe they will change it for lfs at some point...will make more of a reason to go out to the ring even more times in a year.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/v4forlife/z42.jpg

sitting in a real car cockpit and still playing from the behind view?

That looks like some Gran Turismo?
ermm the car in the picture is an bmw touring car and judging by the interface it looks like gt4 (with those direction arrows) but does gtr have Silverstone in it? i havent played it so no clue....
no, only donington
Vykos performed "The Dance" and as a result the company heads were powerless to resist.

BF1 The Story
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG