The online racing simulator
what software to convert dvd to wmv file?
anyone have any recomendations as to what to use to rip a dvd and save it as a wmv file?
as it happens i am actually wanting to rip a nonb copyright dvd or at least one i have permission to copy, my parents do fund raising for our local children's hospice and whilst they can show a dvd it's not exactly convenient to carry a dvd player with them all the time, a copy of it on a portable player would allow them to always have it with them.

i'll try your suggestion thanks m8
I'm curious as to why the output format has to be wmv? It's a fairly hideous format in that it doen't compress nearly as well as any modern codec, and editing of such files is a pain in the ass as non-MS apps can't legally edit the files without obtaining premission (which, afaik, they don't give), and MS don't make a useful app for editing the files.

I'd have thought just about any software video player will support jsut about any codec, and even hardware players support most MPEG4 Part 2 codecs (e.g. divx, xvid), so reasons for preferring wmv must be quite particular.
to be honest bob it wasn't that specific , just hadn't had a chance to try the player they will be using with anything other than what was on it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG