The online racing simulator

I may have wasted my time doing the gauges

I just reviewed the video release, and it looks like the numbers AND "tick marks" on the gauge faces are generated in game....

So much for my cool detail
Sad, but you can still have that dusty glass

Come on, cheer up. You make a lot of great textures
Yes, it is sad....

Otherwise I could have done this
It's possible to use that cluster?
Quote from luathas :

I just reviewed the video release, and it looks like the numbers AND "tick marks" on the gauge faces are generated in game.

And that's why LFS's dashboards sux.. I hate it.
Quote from luathas :Yes, it is sad....

Otherwise I could have done this

Lol, if you did that, it'll be Ultra fast, have a cold engine, and be low on fuel.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :And that's why LFS's dashboards sux.. I hate it.

But at least it should all be there when you're actually in the game.
All i can say is that all these textures are fantastic
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Lol, if you did that, it'll be Ultra fast, have a cold engine, and be low on fuel.

LOL

I think this particular photo was taken with ignition on, pre-engine start

So it'll look okay....until you actually start the car in game, then the in game generated overlay will show up, and hide it all

Here's a version with the "idiot lights" off
May I suggest that you'd remove the "omg red" bit of the trip-computer and simply replace it with a VW logo on a computer-looking screen or something, if you know what I mean.. that kinda looks silly...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :May I suggest that you'd remove the "omg red" bit of the trip-computer and simply replace it with a VW logo on a computer-looking screen or something, if you know what I mean.. that kinda looks silly...

LOL

Already on it....I agree...it's a bit "In your face!!"

How about...all idiot lights off?
Mmm, yeah looks as if the car was actually off, not being a stand in Christmas tree.
Is it possible to change the steering wheel with the multifunctional one?
I don't see the dds file where the steering wheel can be edited.
It will be a nice extra detail, also, if possible, can you add the word "airbag", the horn logo please and the chrome more shiney?
The GTI isn't necessary because the Scirocco isn't.

A close up from the buttons on the left side of the wheel (zoom of the right side I don't fine using google):

Lights off:

With lights on:
Is it me or do they all VW interiors look pretty much the same..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Is it me or do they all VW interiors look pretty much the same..

All modern car makers try to make their cars look-a-like for cheaper building costs. Just look at BMW... oh wait, they've been the same anyway.
like... hmm. DODGE!!! all their cars are the same exept for the dimensions..
I cannot find the steering wheel dds file. Is that normal?
The steering wheel isn't just one file this time

It's composed of texture files, so it isn't possible to put the kind of details on the steering wheel, as we were able to before....
Dashboard versions
Ok guys.....I need some opinions from the LFS community.

As you all know, I've been working on the VW Scirocco interior (close to 2 months now) I have made several interior colour combos http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=52385, as well as different dash configurations i.e. day and night (white symbols/pink backlit symbols) (see below). I need to know what versions people will actually want to use.
I think with the Sat-nav on in day-mode is the best.
:bowdown:
yes indeed, the sat nav is the best (with screen off, otherwise it is stupid because it doesn't move), and because of a lack of full working lights, the best option is the light-off mode, day view.
Quote from Liquid Li0n :yes indeed, the sat nav is the best (with screen off, otherwise it is stupid because it doesn't move), and because of a lack of full working lights, the best option is the light-off mode, day view.

Agree!
i like the sat nav off
Quote from chavm481 :i like the sat nav off

Agree!! its not really usefull to have it on anyway tbh ur on a race track... Or u could make 1 with it on for cruisers 1 with it off for racers and a G meter for drifters or something even tho its a FF car it was just to includeall the community of lfs

VW Scirocco textures continued....
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG