The online racing simulator
Viewer R -> Viewer S
(23 posts, started )
Viewer R -> Viewer S
Hi,

Just dropping a quick note to say that initially version R of the viewer was released, but had some objects missing in the BF1. These have been added again in version S, available from www.liveforspeed.net as usual

Cheers
Meh

*starts renders from beginning again*

(I'm actually thankful... :hug
#3 - ORION
This doesnt affect the skins I guess?
Only some polys?
Quote from ORION :This doesnt affect the skins I guess?
Only some polys?

Don't you mean there is a plenty of BF1 skins already?
Actually there are a few fixes detail, not JUST to the BF1. And no, it won't affect skins (that my untrained eye can detect in 3DS)
Hmmm...

Maybe there is still something missing in Viewer S?

EDIT: changed to another pic with slightly better visibility.
Attached images
neu-4.jpg
#7 - balee
Victor, is it possible to get the hi-res BF1 skins?
Post them for us, please!
Victor are we getting a better template for the BF1, cause being blunt, compared to the other templates its crap...
Downloading now, updateing the mirrors ASAP.
I have found a bug (in both R and S). If you turn off the lighting the inside of the wheels disapear on some cars (all the open wheelers and all of the GTR's).
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
#11 - Jakg
was gonna post that bug but i thought the problem was at my end!
Quote from Gopher04 :Victor are we getting a better template for the BF1, cause being blunt, compared to the other templates its crap...

If using photoshop - duplicate layer 2 or 3 times and then change layer thing to multiply - it soon shows up everything. Just remember to turn them otherwishe the car shadows look really dark in places
I was skinning happily the new F1 car (ooh!) and noticed this error in the model. Or at least it looks like it... dunno. Check the attached pic.

Not sure if this has come up already...?

Don't take this as moaning, I am not bothered by it. Just to let you know.

(ooh! F1 car!) You just can't say F1 car (ooh!) without saying ooh!

EDIT: I have the S-version
EDIT2: it should be there, case closed.
Attached images
errorterror.jpg
Thx's for the tip Greboth, but to me that really doesn't improve nout, it distorts the quality, what there is, but the template is still very rough, maybe its a rushed through job, don't know, but the old RB4 was at least a better standard than this, just look at the FO8 template, this is how it should look..
Quote from Hyperactive :I was skinning happily the new F1 car (ooh!) and noticed this error in the model. Or at least it looks like it... dunno. Check the attached pic.

Not sure if this has come up already...?

Don't take this as moaning, I am not bothered by it. Just to let you know.

(ooh! F1 car!) You just can't say F1 car (ooh!) without saying ooh!

EDIT: I have the S-version

Sorry, but what exactly do you mean? I really can't see an error in your attached pic. Or am I missing something?
Quote from Christian Seidel :Sorry, but what exactly do you mean? I really can't see an error in your attached pic. Or am I missing something?

Look at this attachment. I have marked it red. I don't know if it should be there or not...?

(F1 car ooh!)

EDIT: it should be there, case closed.
Attached images
errorterror2.jpg
Yes, it's part of the model and is on the launch car - some clever aero tweak that no one here will understand (me included).

Edit: Actually my memory was corrupted, I can't see it on the launch car. Maybe it was on an interim car. I doubt very much that a textured set of polygons would be left on the car, especially on both sides. Hmmm

Edit 2: Nope it IS there on the launch car, as proven in post #22
#18 - Smax
It's a 1 pixel thick sheet which carries the carbon texture, which appears to be part of the DDS file, if you edit the dds and it still doesn't go away then it probably is a problem with the model...pointing it out now whilst the devs still have 3 days to fix it is a good idea
ok, thanks, back to skinning then

EDIT: mixed messages, tristan and smax lol
Quote from Gopher04 :Thx's for the tip Greboth, but to me that really doesn't improve nout, it distorts the quality, what there is, but the template is still very rough, maybe its a rushed through job, don't know, but the old RB4 was at least a better standard than this, just look at the FO8 template, this is how it should look..

What I did to see the skinnable areas was to duplicate the layer and fill it with a light colour like yellow. Then you can see the car in white. After you've done this, erase the car!
#21 - JJ72
so I assume there ain't no update to the Rb4's car model, and the GTR car's cockpit?
It's not just too clear to see but I think it is visible without a doubt. Picture is from http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com and it's part of the car launch. So I guess everything is fine at least in this part of the model.
Attached images
neu-2.jpg
This tag is in the FOX...
Attached images
FXR2000.jpg

Viewer R -> Viewer S
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG