The online racing simulator
Night or Rain?
(98 posts, started )

Poll : Which one first?

Wet weather driving.
Night time driving.
even rfactor has no rain
And why must it have? It is not better than LFS anyway.
in a way it is :X
Quote from ColeusRattus :Problem is that the LfS developement works like democracy in the USA. Meaning it doesn't.

ok, uh, listen. What he's trying to say is which one should be finished before the other. This doesn't mean that Scawen should jump right on this, but which would happen first?

Oh, and put me down for wet weather.. T1 would be interesting as everyone pointed out, and all the sand in the game would turn to (yey!) mud! therefore, they would (aww) have to update some effects.. like being able to get the car dirty and stuff. Both of them would definitely be hard to make.
Well I would want night driving, but we need headlights that actually project light first. I would also like to see the day go to night on 24 hour races.
real weather simulated would be fun, as started on slicks and half way through a race or when ever it starts to rain a pit stop for wet tires would be needed, would be good and realistic

regards john
i can see it now CTRA race 1 , t1 at Bl1 , 20 cars pile in 15 drivers Shift + R
Well. Usually races are on day with sun or rain, seldomly on night expect hours races and others like WRC. (Of Course, NASCAR, and F1 Signapore GP have been almost mignight)
Quote from jwardy :i can see it now CTRA race 1 , t1 at Bl1 , 20 cars pile in 15 drivers Shift + R

I've never had any major problems at T1 on race 1 People would just be MORE cautious with rain.
Quote from MijnWraak :I've never had any major problems at T1 on race 1 People would just be MORE cautious with rain.

Maybe the top 10 but the rest would brake just as late (or not at all) as they do now.
I'd love to see a wet track. Better yet, snow.
real snow, not rfactor snow...
i voted for night time but i really want both of them
i want rain now, after seeing rfactor..
rain would be so much more fun
night would be cool but its not that much more of a challenge like rain would be
yeah, i can live w/o night, night would limit visibility and poeple would race w/ lights out...
Wet driving (+ snow & other metheorical effects (fog, ...)) !

Would be nice to have a deformation system like in sega-rally (eg.: here). So we will have realistic snow, realistic mud and so on ... Just a thought.
Night time would be great with good headlights do the moderators even read this and leave a comment or is just make a treat for nothing?
Moderators read and comment.

They do not develop LfS though.

And I do hope that scawen, simply to remain mentally sane, keeps well away from this subforum.
try to imagine a wet weather race with FO8...
IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

night races, only for endurances!!
so, voted for wet
nigth rain :P
so far this is a very big thread... and rain winds by lots. 467 votes, wow.

Night or Rain?
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG