The online racing simulator
Buyng a Formula Force Ex soon.
Heyhey

Umm, im planning to buy a wheel soon and i was thinking of Formula Force Ex. I cant spend much money on it because i dont have much money to spend on 'games' but LFS is simply worth it and thats why im buyng it. My question is that are there 'alot' of problems like there are with G25. For me its 'alot' for G25 because how much problem threads do i see in this forum? ... Alot ...

So, anyone who has this wheel ... What do you think about this wheel and what are the goods/bads?

I would simply prefer a 3 pedal wheel but i cant spend money on it. So, ill accept the 2 pedal. Halp & Thanks

And also, ive heard that the Sidewinder is good too and maybe even better, whys that? It may be cool but i dont like the design, too fancy for me.
I never see G25 problem threads, I've had one for a year and its as good as it was when I first got it.

The Forumla Force EX isn't very good - its okay for a beginner but something like a DFP would be much better.
G25 is very strudy wheel indeed.

DFP would last you a while as long as you get a REV2 without the gay pedals.
Look again in the 'Hardware > Wheels and controllers' and u see some G25 stuff.

Is Driving Force more expensive than Formula Force? And i didnt get the point at the moment. Is there something about FF's pedals?

Edit: Well, i looked for the prices now and i think that i cant buy that. Goes over my money limit I think ill stay on the FF Ex and then we could discuss the goods/bads about it
#5 - troy
bad things:

- cheap pedals (I had a formula force gp, quite sure they are the same, you will run into problems with them sooner or later)
- only 270° of rotation
- force feedback (it works, but it's not very precise and feels rubbish in comparison to a dfp or any newer wheel on the market)

good things:

- it's red!

jokes aside, if you plan to race longer then 1 year I would recommend scraping together some more money and go for a wheel with a little higher price tag, if you just want to play once every second month then the EX will be good enough for you.
Well, im more like 24/7 player. How about MOMO? The design of it is also little wierd for me, but for now i have heard only good stories about that wheel. It costs lil bit more than FFex, well see.
#7 - G!NhO
the G25 problems are more because people dont know how to set it up

a momo is better than the FF EX
Yeah, but hard to find a good condition used Momo..
Well, im surely thinking of to buy a brand new
I have such a wheel. I have had it for two years without problems. A month ago the pedals started doing strange because of dust on the pod meters. With a vacuum cleaner and a can of compressed air i think i've "fixed" it. Problems like that you can get with any wheel.

I don't think it's the best wheel on the marked but it does the job. Everything works.
Quote from hazaky :Well, im surely thinking of to buy a brand new

I don't think they make them anymore though.
I've got one of these. Well, when I say one, I mean I'm onto my 3rd one in about 2 years. The first two broke the same way; the 4 screws holding the wheel onto the plastic shaft worked their way loosed and ended up cracking the shaft, meaning there was nothing for the wheel to screw onto.

This 3rd one is going the same way too, not much life left in it. Also, the force feedback on them is really rubbish. For me, on all three wheels, it only seemed to work properly for roughly the first week, after that it's been completely tempromental and vibrates whenever it feels like it, even if I'm driving down the middle of a straight.

The pedals are alright ish, nothing special, but if used hard for a long time they can snap (as two of mine have). I also had one set where the brake pedal was spiking, meaning it would sometimes be on after I'd taken my foot off it.

However, for about £30 it's probably the best wheel you can get and if you go easy on it should last a decent amount of time.
Quote from Minimaxman :...

wow, you sound like you thrash your wheel worse than me. While i'd agree the FFB is crap and notchy after a few months. my pedals have been fine. My wheel has broken now though so i use a momo, without pedals and plug my DF EX in with the pedals connected since the pedals on the DF don't plug into the momo.

However the momo is broke now too... so i'm looking for a Fanatec carrerra probably next.
I use the MOMO and it's not that bad. It does the job for the low(ish) price.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I don't think they make them anymore though.

I dont know, if i watch to the market site warehouse then there are 71 momo wheels ...
Quote from Minimaxman :I've got one of these. Well, when I say one, I mean I'm onto my 3rd one in about 2 years. The first two broke the same way; the 4 screws holding the wheel onto the plastic shaft worked their way loosed and ended up cracking the shaft, meaning there was nothing for the wheel to screw onto.

This 3rd one is going the same way too, not much life left in it. Also, the force feedback on them is really rubbish. For me, on all three wheels, it only seemed to work properly for roughly the first week, after that it's been completely tempromental and vibrates whenever it feels like it, even if I'm driving down the middle of a straight.

The pedals are alright ish, nothing special, but if used hard for a long time they can snap (as two of mine have). I also had one set where the brake pedal was spiking, meaning it would sometimes be on after I'd taken my foot off it.

However, for about £30 it's probably the best wheel you can get and if you go easy on it should last a decent amount of time.

Strange. I have my wheel for two years now and never had the problems you subscribe with the cracked shaft and strange force feedback (forcefeedback on a straight sounds like it is inverted which is an option in the game or driver).

The only problem i have had lately is with the pedals (something like you had with the spiking brake but worse i think). They were not worn, but there was dust in it which i could solve with a little air (compressed aircan and vacuum cleaner). This problem will probably come back in weeks/months.

But i think i will go for this wheel when it comes out:
http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=280&lang=en
It looks like a good wheel for a good price
3 Pedals!
That Porsche wheel looks pretty good ... except the logo in the center. Any car logo in the center of wheel ruins it up. Totally ... Are there any prices released? Im lil bit intrested
Quote from hazaky :3 Pedals!
That Porsche wheel looks pretty good ... except the logo in the center. Any car logo in the center of wheel ruins it up. Totally ... Are there any prices released? Im lil bit intrested

i think like 130 eu
Quote from hazaky :3 Pedals!

Yes, and 900° rotation, it's basicly the Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel with cheaper parts.
http://www.fanatec.de/html/pw_overview_de.htm
Quote from BenjiMC :i think like 130 eu

I think so too. Fanatic says 150 eu, but it always is a little less when it comes out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG