The online racing simulator
Road racing game title
(25 posts, started )
Road racing game title
Maybe you guys can help me out.
I've been looking for a good road racing game for the PC. You know, decent physics and graphics, some cars, traffic, etc.
Something like the old NFS', Kaido Battle, or Battle Gear. Something like that!
I've already tried: World Racing and some oldie NfS'

Please guys
Uhm... tough one. Aside from World Racing I can't really think of anything.. nothing that's a decent game, anyway.

Try NFSU2, that's not a "terrible" handling game, it's no LFS but you actually do have to brake..
Quote from Racer556 :Maybe you guys can help me out.
I've been looking for a good road racing game for the PC. You know, decent physics and graphics, some cars, traffic, etc.
Something like the old NFS', Kaido Battle, or Battle Gear. Something like that!
I've already tried: World Racing and some oldie NfS'

Please guys

kaido racer 2... or battle drift as its known in the US, 100 times better then lfs
lol for moding cars nothing beats street legal 1/2 even though with all the patchs sl1 was more realistic game allso you could drive around the streets like a nutter geting into cop chase's and racing people for slips/money

for driving around the streets with a GTA feel nothing beats mafia
and if you mod the game like i have you can get some really nice old school v8's that are kinda realisitc i mean my charger just fry's the tyres and is very hard and realistic to control

for rally games the best is RBR followed closely by rally trophy/rally legends was its 2nd name.

for sim road racing i cant compair games i havent played to lfs.
I think you're looking for Test Drive Unlimited. It drives quite decently without being too much of a sim, it has a huge number of cars and you can free roam Oahu.
Yeah, TDU might fit the bill.

Midnight Club LA is a lotta fun, not sure if you can get it on the PC though.
I know about kaido, but I need a PC title, 'cause I haven't got any consoles aside from my sister's Wii
I'm looking for something with roads and nature, like NFS3 and 4, but more recent
I also tried NFSU2, and yeah, it's not that bad, still not what I'm looking, and I prefer NFSU with the "always drift physics" trick, wich make it a pretty decent game
I've got world racing 2 but it's sending me an error now, "lost main port" or something like that, and now I can't play

RBR? One of my favs since long ago =)
What about stuff like Midtown Madness? I always liked that back in the day.
Get TDU, its great (if i could just find the cd...)
Quite resource hungry though... need a pretty good rig.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Quite resource hungry though... need a pretty good rig.

I managed to run it with my 2,8ghz single core and an ati radeon 9600 (without sound and offline) on like 1024.768 iirc.
thanks for the tips.
Still wishing for a game like Kaido Battle or Battle Gear for PC, I love those not for the drifting though, but the cars and the roads. In fact, I used to play alot battle gear 2 at the arcade two years ago
Another vote for Test Drive Unlimited. Sounds just what you want.
I got a handling editor for it, but how about GTA San Andreas? You can get a patch for it that has PS2 style graphics. Also, anyone can get LOADS of car mods and sounds, and even clios! A clio is a type of file that somewhat hacks the game and makes it even more real. Someone did a Bugatti Veyron clio where the spoiler can actually contract and retract (go up and down). I have it, and it is so cool! Also, Kotton's Chop Shop always has people to help you out. Plus, Kotton made the most sick Pagani Zonda F ever! A EXTREMLY HIGH poly car though. A guy named Wired made the new Audi S5 for it, and is so close to releasing his Gemballa Mirage GT and Mercedes SLR McLaren 722 Roadster with an airbrake clio! So, GTA San Andreas would be my choice! Also, I made a Corolla AE86 have drift style handling anyway.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Another vote for Test Drive Unlimited. Sounds just what you want.

And, tbh, once you've endured about a week of casual play and unlocked "Hardcore" mode, it doesn't handle that badly! But saying that, it does take a fair old while to get there. :hide:
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :I got a handling editor for it, but how about GTA San Andreas? You can get a patch for it that has PS2 style graphics. Also, anyone can get LOADS of car mods and sounds, and even clios! A clio is a type of file that somewhat hacks the game and makes it even more real. Someone did a Bugatti Veyron clio where the spoiler can actually contract and retract (go up and down). I have it, and it is so cool! Also, Kotton's Chop Shop always has people to help you out. Plus, Kotton made the most sick Pagani Zonda F ever! A EXTREMLY HIGH poly car though. A guy named Wired made the new Audi S5 for it, and is so close to releasing his Gemballa Mirage GT and Mercedes SLR McLaren 722 Roadster with an airbrake clio! So, GTA San Andreas would be my choice! Also, I made a Corolla AE86 have drift style handling anyway.

for once i agree with you
plus you can get gta sa for free without torrents
I might buy TDU, it looks pretty good. Looks like a few mods out there for it aswell.

Pity there's no demo for it.
if needed minimums
- PROCESSOR : Intel P4 2,4Ghz ou AMD Athlon 2800+
- RAM : 512 MB - 1 GB recommended
- VIDEO CARD : ATI Radeon 9800 256MB VRAM or Nvidia 6600 GT with 256 MB of VRAM. Video Cards with vertex/pixel shaders 2.x and above are recommended
- SOUND CARD : DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card
- SIZE ON HD : 8 Go
- Direct X 9.0 (included)

ive only played TDU on xbox but its really great game, try it
Quote from S14 DRIFT :And, tbh, once you've endured about a week of casual play and unlocked "Hardcore" mode, it doesn't handle that badly! But saying that, it does take a fair old while to get there. :hide:

Not if you cheat and download 100% savegame with loads of money.
The hardcore mode is only reason I have TDU, the campaign is rubbish so I did it like that.
But then if you download the cheat, you can't play online! Besides, work your way up and learn it right, I say.
but if you use cheat engine and give yourself loads of cash you can play online
How good is the hardcore mode, I don't expect anything near LFS handling, but what games is it comparable to?
Maybe like a GTA on Hawaii without all the crimes and stuff that's what TDU is.
And I want a racing title, not GTA (I've got IV anyway). Looks like game devs have failed us on making japanese games for japanese consoles, giving us their back (Yeah Genki! Talkin' bout you :bigeye.
The Simax looks good tho... still not released
Alarm für Cobra 11. There are two or maybe even 3 games now. Only tried the first two and they are really quite good for a bit of fun. Handling is easy but not all that arcadish.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Alarm für Cobra 11. There are two or maybe even 3 games now. Only tried the first two and they are really quite good for a bit of fun. Handling is easy but not all that arcadish.

I have only tried one of them... and i thought it was one of the most terrible games i've ever tried.

And TDU with the hardcore mode... it feels ok, but very bland. It's fun for driving the streets, but if you go to the racetrack of the island and start doing laps, you'll notice that the physics are very limited, even with hardcore mode. Still, was a fun game, for a week or so.

Road racing game title
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG