The online racing simulator
Quote :Second thing......Aston Martion WTF are you thinking going with Gulf colours, all cars with the Aston badge, especially while racing, should have British Racing Green. The Gulf colours just doesn’t suit the car.

Image was too wide, please cli ... ne it inline in the post!

sex with the rubber pre-equipped
yet in Gulf colours
I think you have under-estimated the value of curves
"Although Peugeot and Audi are clear favourites for Le Mans victory next year, a raft of changes to technical regulations to even up the performance of diesel and petrol powered cars should boost Aston Martin's chances of taking on the established front runners."

Sure. Am I the only one that thinks they will always favour the "greener" options since it keeps the environmentalists a bit sweeter and their event and sport safer? Aston need to use a few AA batteries for ballast so they can call it a hybrid.
I don't think ACO, FIA or any motor racing related association really gives a shit about how green something is... unless manufacturers give a shit. Now there are two manufacturers with petrol, against two believing in diesel. Albeit Acura won't be showing up in France, but it's still involved in the category. Should even up the situation in the future regulation meetings. Audi was completely alone in pre-2005 when they basically dictated the diesel regulations.

ps. Added two pics to 1st post.
Credit Crunch? What Credit Crunch?

Looks awesome, will sound awesome, will probably be awesomely quick, and awesomely breaking down with 10 mins to go
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
Second thing......Aston Martion WTF are you thinking going with Gulf colours, all cars with the Aston badge, especially while racing, should have British Racing Green. The Gulf colours just doesn’t suit the car.

Someone call this man a doctor, he is seriously ill. The best livery in motorsport, combined with one of the greatest names in motorsport, and you somehow find a problem with that?! :slap:
I for one don't give a damn the kind of engine being used. It's racing that's all I care about. If diesel is the future for motorsport, I'd rather that than no motorsport at all.

Oh and Aston Martins should be a variant of British Racing Green, no doubt.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Someone call this man a doctor, he is seriously ill. The best livery in motorsport, combined with one of the greatest names in motorsport, and you somehow find a problem with that?! :slap:

It's good on a GT40...I don't deny in fact it is an iconic image much like an Aston Martin is British Racing Green.

You just don't muck about with the classics :irked::arge:
They should try British racing green, with the Orange Gulf stripe, would be an interesting combo...
Quote from ACCAkut :we would need another workaround of the sound engine to support that V12, I once treid to modell a V12 with tweak, no sound at all, only clipping

It can be done easily. In LFS, you can't use an straight-12 because of clipping, but a V12 is no problem
Gotta love the way of engine sound generation in LFS!
id say its one of the famous colour schemes in motorsport i'd British racing green is more famous and more iconic to a british team
British racing green should be the colour they go with... Astons have always been British Racing Green when they've won.
Since last year Gulf has covered nice portion of the budget. Did they get funding from the Queen herself when they used British green?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :British racing green should be the colour they go with... Astons have always been British Racing Green when they've won.

they won last year, in gulf colours...
Apart from then... :hide:
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by S14 DRIFT : wrong tread
Quote from 5haz :

I think it's going to take them a couple of years to pull it off though, like Bentley. Although time is short before regulations change.

But what year are you talking about?
#44 - 5haz
The car looks a bit pissed off, what have they done to it's face!
Well, that proves my worry... Redesign for the sake of marketing - that is never a good thing... The Charouz was so competitive last year, changing that just to say "oh, but it's a real Aston" (even though it's not) is mindboggingly stupid...
#48 - 5haz
Its the orange handlebar moustache, thats what.
Quote from bbman :I'm worried that a/the designer had more word in creating this than the engineers... I mean there's gotta be some advantage when everyone else opts for OW-style noses, but Aston thinks a squashed nose of one of their roadcars will do...

Aerodynamically speaking I don't see much wrong with it. It has all the same basic traits all the other protos have - raised nose, two wells aside the nose to direct flow to the sides instead of over the car, etc. There's a million and one different approaches to aero development; it most certainly is not a perfect science.

Also, remember the new Dome. It has a similar nose to this and it is apparently quite fast.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG