The online racing simulator

Poll : Which method do you use for sequential shifting in GTRs?

Wheel mounted paddles
Sequential "stick"
I use the stick... It's like wearing a crispy bike.

But seriously, I use the stick because when I have the wheel rotated more than about 80degrees, I forget what side each paddle is on an press the wrong button and shift into the wrong gear. Anyway, the stick is more realistic (if you can call a plastic knob that falls off if you grab it too hard realistic).
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I use the stick because when I have the wheel rotated more than about 80degrees, I forget what side each paddle is on an press the wrong button and shift into the wrong gear.

LOL that happens to me all the time even in road cars when I use the paddles for flash/horn
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from G!NhO :yes only the BF1 has flappy paddles :P

Not the FO8 or FOX? Strange. Do they have seq. sticks? Anyway, this is offtopic I guess. I use the sequential stick on my G25 when driving the XRR, as I often do.
Quote from [Viking] :Not the FO8 or FOX? Strange. Do they have seq. sticks? Anyway, this is offtopic I guess. I use the sequential stick on my G25 when driving the XRR, as I often do.

well yeah i guess they have paddles
Quote from [Viking] :Not the FO8 or FOX? Strange. Do they have seq. sticks? Anyway, this is offtopic I guess. I use the sequential stick on my G25 when driving the XRR, as I often do.

The FOX & FO8 both have a sequential shifter. The only car in LFS that uses paddles is the BF1.
Quote from obsolum :The FOX & FO8 both have a sequential shifter. The only car in LFS that uses paddles is the BF1.

really? isnt the FO8 like an indy or champ car and i think those have paddles

ye the fox is based on formula renault and that has sequential
Quote from G!NhO :really? isnt the FO8 like an indy or champ car and i think those have paddles

ye the fox is based on formula renault and that has sequential

I'm only saying what's right there in the game; if you look at the "info" tab in the garage it says what type of gearbox the car has Can't verify at the moment, though, as I'm at work
yes you are right, FO8 and FOX are indeed sequential
Quote from G!NhO :yes only the BF1 has flappy paddles :P

FO8 is running paddles configuration, too. Check LFS/script/FO8.lfs, it hasn't got any sticks in the cockpit, neither.

BTW, I've got one doubt about LFS Manual scripts for G25
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/S ... for_Logitech_G25_users.29
I think that below lines are useless in above scripts:
/shifter xxx
/autoclutch Y

It is enough for G25 users to set H shifter and disable autoclutch globally in the options. BF1 has autoclutch regardless of that option state, and in H shifter mode, every sequential/paddle car is using gear up/down assignments without need to change shifting mode.
Quote from yaper :FO8 is running paddles configuration, too. Check LFS/script/FO8.lfs, it hasn't got any sticks in the cockpit, neither.

FO8.lfs is a file that you can change to your liking. It may be that with you it's set to use paddles, but in the game itself the car is designed for use with a sequential stickshifter.
Isn't F08 based on Formula 3000? Those things had sequential stickshifters, no?
Yeah something like that.
I was using the paddles until recently. I found that in the GTRs, downshifting too quickly makes the car un stable. Using the sequential stick on the G25 really smoothed my downshifting. It removes the temptation to flick through like you see them do on the telly!

As a result, my laptimes improved and my clutch lasted longer :-)
That's 'cause the engine braking tends to make the rear wheels lock up when downshifting quickly. Blipping the throttle would help, as well as some minor setup tweaks.

Whatever works for you, though.
Yeah I did try the throttle blipping thing offline in the FZR, does work, but I'm not hardcore enough to spend hours and hours practising! I believe thier is also an auto blip in the game settings?

Switching to the stick had immediate results!

Still get bemused at how some people are so stupidly quick though :-)
There was an auto-blip setup but then at a recent patch (Z I think), it was removed. It made it so those who were using it would have to blip manually, for realism.
I use paddles in every car, it's the most convenient way, therefore, for me, the fastest way

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG