The online racing simulator
Knackered. Got home at about 1:15 and went straight to bed... Then woke up at 9:30, realising I was half an hour late for work already, before I'd got dressed or driven there... Ooops!!!

However, upon showing the tiny trophy I managed to avoid being fired

Thank you all for coming. I know the event itself was free, but for many there was a considerable petrol/hotel/jaffacake costs, so you lot must be pretty committed to geeky days out to still bother going

Paul - glad the spare tyre got you home. Don't forget to lower your tyre pressures down a bit and get the valve replaced on the dodgy wheel. Was a pleasure to help (until I had to hold Ben's boot open for 10 minutes).

Chris M - No, I didn't win a single race. But then I didn't blow up my engine whilst leading either And, using my sim racing experience, I was able to cope with recalibrating the wheel rather than just complaining it was off center Maybe next time you'll show me how it should be done.

I didn't get to talk to all of you as much as I'd like, and I'm still not sure who was who entirely - I have no idea who Funnybear was still, which is odd as he seems larger than life on the forum...

I took a few pictures, but was generally too busy driving, smoking or chatting to take many, and I didn't want to use the flash whilst people were driving in case it distracted people. I'll upload what I've got in a bit.

Looking forward to the next one - Whales perhaps. I speak whale. Not that I'm expecting events to be arranged around me, but I do have the whole of July off of racing, so that would be an ideal month for me. But of course I can't commit 100% yet, so sort some firmer details out and we'll see who it suits. I don't think 'bums on seats' will be a problem.

And, finally, Mark - How can one man spend so much of the day smiling. Aren't you ever grumpy? If there was an award for most obviously happy person you'd clearly win it!!!

And big congratulations to Joe for winning outright (with two race wins), and to Chris R for his fastest time of the day!
Quote from tristancliffe :Knackered. Got home at about 1:15 and went straight to bed... Then woke up at 9:30, realising I was half an hour late for work already, before I'd got dressed or driven there... Ooops!!!

However, upon showing the tiny trophy I managed to avoid being fired

However, on descovering your 'work' consisted of posting on an internet forum the forgiveness of your boss was duly remedied... :P

Quote :Thank you all for coming.

See this is what is so wonderful about you, you lay on a day for us and then thank us for coming. You really are quite daft in a wonderful way.

Quote :I have no idea who Funnybear was still, which is odd as he seems larger than life on the forum...

cute slim short-blonde-haired guy with glasses. Very sweet. Didn't buy me a drink.

Quote :I speak whale.

Not when we where hugging under my blankie, you where more giggly actually ;P
Will I be shunned if I start to humm "love is in the air"?

Sounded like a great event, though. Too bad the UK is so darn far away from everything :P
Ha ha Becky. Not been sacked yet
Oh, I'm sure I met him. And probably spoke to him. But I didn't link the two names and faces.

Ssssh about the blankie. I told you about the gossip here!

Photos (not many - sorry):

EDIT: Added to Facebook, so feel free to tag yourself or people you want. I started it off, but got bored quite quickly so only really did ajp and Gills.
Attached images
IMG_0733.JPG
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG
I see you managed to capture me at my best angle whilst stood in my flirty pose. I'm going to have trouble with PM's from forum goers trying to pull me now !
Funny captions Tristi
I'd just like to say that my trophy is going to be my new avatar.

It's small enough to be 1:1 scale.
Don't complain about the size, at least you got one. Unlike those of us at the back of the grid. The only advantage we had was that we could actually see when the green flag dropped

I need to give some kudos to my little car though - other than the dodgy tyre. It did manage my 215-ish mile round trip on just a half tank of fuel. Seems to run at about 10p per mile, which is a good deal in my book
Jason Plato, is my nose really that big!?

Great pics Tristan, shows how much of a good day we all had. I look forward to seeing Mark's pan of everyone lined up at the end.
I'm not... :hide:
Hey guys. It was a good day, glad to help out Paul with his tyre. Nice to see some old faces and meet some new ones too.

Alex - I was hoping to have more of a chat with you but we always seemed to be in other groups of people.

At what point did Damian leave, I don't remember him saying goodbye?

I'm about to drive back up north now, and drop Thomas back at Stansted airport for his flight this evening. I'll sort out my event 'review' over the next few days and let you know when it's sorted.

See you all at the next one.
offer stands for coffee break as you pass. I'm home today pretending to work... Although my work mostly looks like the LFS forum.
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by S14 DRIFT : Nvm misread i am dick
Quote from ColeusRattus :Will I be shunned if I start to humm "love is in the air"?

Well we did spend all of St Dwynwen's Day together
Looked like great fun guys

Some great captions there too

And Gills wasn't wearing his Gills FC shirt - traitor!
I was wearing my Gillingham FC scarf but had hung it on the coat rack while we were in the centre. Don't worry I was loyal!
#41 - bozo
Looks like you all had a great time. I was disappointed not to go, but I had to look after 1 little sick child. I wasn't very good at it mind, as they were both ill today!

Hope you got the txt Tristan.
Just realised that apart from Becky, Gills, Ben and Franky I've no idea who is who

Help anyone?
I think I recognise a few people in those photos. Or maybe it's just because I live near Bootham Park hospital...
Chris Raemish is the dude with the beard in the red eye photo.. some of the SR guys are in the other one. Funnybear is only just visible in one of the photos (He was pretty shy all day )

Alex (AJP71) is the dude standing there rubbing his belly and grinning like a cheesy git in the jumper with Bench on it..

I'm (thankfully) not in any of them as I'd have broken the camera lense.
Bozo - yup got your text, but was driving so didn't reply. Thanks for letting me know, and hope they feel better soon!

Jamie - I'm sure there will be videos and other images with you in them...
Many thanks Tristan for organising the event and for winning the competition in the first place I had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was good to meet up again.
Quote from Becky Rose :Corrected.

Psychosis is great for meeting imaginary people isn't it Kev :P

The people are real, I just give them more interesting stories. Like Igor Chuckle, the forgotten third Chuckle Brother.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm (thankfully) not in any of them as I'd have broken the camera lense.

Incorrect. Look behind Laidlaw in the third pic. The one with him laughing at his own poop driving.

I see you, talking to me!
OMFG I totaly missed that. Shit.

Race Center Event - Post Event Discussion
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG