The online racing simulator

Poll : Which method do you use for sequential shifting in GTRs?

Wheel mounted paddles
Sequential "stick"
if he will give me that script, then i am sure i use my stick more
Using mounted paddles
I love it, and probally is a lot faster than having to put it in right gears and such if you have a propper outstanding "shifter" box.

Maybe not realistic, but hey, I am the last proud chase veiw'er
Paddles for me, because the shifter does not behave when attached to the table.
It keeps inching away or twisting around until
1) it falls off the table, held by one screw only, ending he race
2) It twists enough so that I have to watch before putting into gear, not knowing where that 3rd one is located anymore.

Therefore I have decided to punish the above mentioned shifter and leave it in its box, alone.
#29 - Osco
I'd like to use the stick in GTRs, but sometimes it wont recognize a downshift or it shifts down twice, causing a lot of swearing and the car rear-first into the wall..
also if I shift up to vigorously, it bounces back into the downshift position. Still can't be arsed to open up the shifter unit and (try to) fix it...
To be honest i never realy used the paddels on my wheel becaus im used to the siquential stick shift.

It feels more realistic to me I also have plans for making cheap Sim cockpit with a siqential but that realy far into the future looking to end 2009
Quote from obsolum :With a few simple scripts you can make it so that LFS switches to the appropriate shifting method whenever you select a car. For example H-pattern when you select a STD or TBO car, sequential when you select a GTR car and paddle shifters for the BF1. Without pressing a single button. Scripts really do make life a lot easier in LFS, and it's not difficult to do

You don;t have to send it, it is perfectly described at LFS Manual page:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/S ... for_Logitech_G25_users.29

To be on topic. I'm always using shifter and wheel turn configuration which corresponds to the actual car. That's one of the reasons I bought G25 for.
Quote from obsolum :With a few simple scripts you can make it so that LFS switches to the appropriate shifting method whenever you select a car. For example H-pattern when you select a STD or TBO car, sequential when you select a GTR car and paddle shifters for the BF1. Without pressing a single button. Scripts really do make life a lot easier in LFS, and it's not difficult to do

If you want I can just send you mine; they're just .lfs files that you simply put in your data/scripts folder, nothing more, no need to configure anything.

Is there any script to use |-|-| shifter on any formula car?
Why on earth would you want to do that?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why on earth would you want to do that?

Not your problem, stop writing posts without helping the people, thanks

PD: I would like to drive a restricted F08 or a FOX with |-|-| shifter like real pilots did in the past
I'm free to post as long as I don't break any forum rules.

Try an older patch, like S or something.
Quote from G!NhO :Pics please

i use paddles

Not yet Ginnie!!
Still in construction!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm free to post as long as I don't break any forum rules.

Try an older patch, like S or something.

Thanks for the help

I know in older patches, formula cars admited |-|-| pattern shifters, but I think I heard that there was a script which permitted to use |-|-| shifter on any car, writing some lines or anything like that...

PS: I told you that thing in my last message because you are boring, it looks that your work is to call noobs to the people which is new in LFS ambit and asks not-useful things... I'm sure that any day on your life you asked for help, and I'm sure that someone solved you a problem somewhere in your life, even in LFS Forum. I onl think that you must try to help a bit more to the people which asks instead of 'flaming' them with that ridiculious :bananadea (flaming bananas).
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Pardon me to say this, but IIRC you are allowed to find alternate methods to unlock an old version if you have a full S2 licence... I think
So ... the majority here shifts with something like this? :bewarespa
Attached images
g25paddleshifter.jpg
I shift with paddles in GTRs because the GTRs look like DTM cars, and DTM cars have steering wheels like FormulaOne's ones so I can't say 100% sure that they use paddles, but I use them. I use |-|-| shifter when I'm on cruisers with no mattering the car it is
Quote from Tomas Miranda :I shift with paddles in GTRs because the GTRs look like DTM cars, and DTM cars have steering wheels like FormulaOne's ones so I can't say 100% sure that they use paddles, but I use them. I use |-|-| shifter when I'm on cruisers with no mattering the car it is

:nol2:
Quote from G!NhO :

:nol2:

Sorry about my idiot error

I'll start to use the sequential shifter
Why does that steering wheel look like it has paddles then? Or are those the things to let the driver take the steering wheel off.

I always thought GTRs had paddles, might have to switch over to the stick instead though.
Quote from UncleBenny :Why does that steering wheel look like it has paddles then? Or are those the things to let the driver take the steering wheel off.

I always thought GTRs had paddles, might have to switch over to the stick instead though.

Now when I've learnt that GTRs has sequential 'stick' shifters instead of paddles, I can think that 'paddles' are a QuickRelease system... it's not probably that the 'stick' is a handbrake' :roto2:
Quote from smove :so ... The majority here shifts with something like this? :bewarespa

rofl!
I use the flappies on cars that have flappies, sequential shifter on the cars that have sequential shifters and H-box on the cars that have H-box. Because that's the way it is. I don't race to be ranking top #10, but to have fun, and realism is fun, so. If you use flappies on the XRT, you might as well use bird-eye or chase view or whatever it's called, because you see more of what's going on on your sides.
Quote from [Viking] :I use the flappies on cars that have flappies, sequential shifter on the cars that have sequential shifters and H-box on the cars that have H-box. Because that's the way it is. I don't race to be ranking top #10, but to have fun, and realism is fun, so. If you use flappies on the XRT, you might as well use bird-eye or chase view or whatever it's called, because you see more of what's going on on your sides.

ok in what cars do you use flappies than?
Quote from G!NhO :ok in what cars do you use flappies than?

As I said, in cars that have flappy paddles. Maybe flappy is the wrong word, I don't know. I just hear "flappy paddles" all the times. I mean this. Correct?

The BF1, for example, has that, right? I might be wrong, but I imagined so. My point is I use the same type as the car I'm driving has.

edit: typo.
yes only the BF1 has flappy paddles :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG