The online racing simulator
Emulating GT4 on PC(or at least trying to)!
(19 posts, started )
#1 - Byku
Hi there guys! Anybody tried to emulate GT4 on PC? What is Your experience? I have fail with it. Tried the new PCSX2 0.9.5 version, and it works fine in the menu but when i'm entering the race the screen is full of .. well... one huge artifact(like squares all over the screen).
I've got C2D 3,6Ghz, 4GB Ram and Radeon HD4870 yet it slow downs to 30 when looking at cars... and although i cant see anything when in the race(bloody artifacts) the fps are around 20.
Do You think that using DX10 64Bit system(i'm using WinXp32bit) will be a huge improvement? Any advices or ideas?
Err you could always buy GTA4 for the PC?
I've not heard of being able to emulate PS2 games yet but my initial thoughts on the DX10 idea are that it won't do anything. Only DX10 coded apps can really benefit from a DX10 enabled OS, and since a PS2 game on an emulator probably wasn't coded for DX10, it won't make any difference.

Let us know if you get it going though, GT4 could be awesome with a G25!

Quote from pb32000 :Err you could always buy GTA4 for the PC?

Read closer, GT4!
#4 - G!NhO
he talks about GT4!
#5 - Bean0
Quote from pb32000 :Err you could always buy GTA4 for the PC?

You could always read the thread.

Ive tryed to use PS2 emulator, i got it working (the program) but when loading the game files ... then it froze up. It didnt froze up, it just didnt do anything. I can tell that u can do it, if u need some help then i could help u with bios stuff. I got the bios files i used, theyr set up correctly for Geforce cards. Im lil bit intrested myself too to play the game on PC. But most likely i wanna try GT5 (I got the disc files). Well see ...
#7 - Byku
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v= ... HaCfY&feature=related

<--- then You should try . Unfortunately, Mine don't work like that one . I hope that they will release GT5 on PC... damn... i would definitly buy it... but propably i wish for too much :/
#8 - herki
Meh, tempting but no.
how about go out and buy a brand new PS2? i saw them today for £34.99 with a game
#13 - Byku
If I would be rich enough to spend 34 pounds on everything I want then yeah... mate, i'm not so desperate to play just that game to pay 34 pounds :razzbut thx for advice ). I'll better install 64bit system(couse propably it is the problem, as PS2 has a 64bit processor), already downloading Win7 64bit beta and see if that helps. Oh... and i've read that PAL version works better... gotta get it. (and i'm saving money for other game that comes to pc in few months ... but i wont say which one). And that GT4 is not fully playable... well it depends. Fully playable are those titles who run without any problems. GT4 runs(if runs!) with small artifacts but it is playable on some pcs(as seen in the video). I've started mine GT4, the amount of cars is truly great(although lack of Ferrari, Lamborghini etc is kinda... suprising)... but when in the race, i hear the sound, i can even steer, accelerate... the only problems are low fps(30'ish) and screen full of artifacts.
I may buy a PS2 just to purchase TT Superbikes again...
#15 - Byku
Hmm.... i have a strange feeling that i offended someone and this thread is going in strange direction . S14 DRIFT gratz, good luck . Ok, but seriously, I, and only I would not buy a console just to play one game and then leave the console behind(especially when it is a console of "dying" generation), rather than that, I would try to play with emulators on pc. I was just(not only of course) curious if anybody tried to emulate GT4. If anybody want to buy a console to play a specific game from his "memories" then buy it , I don't have enough money to spend it so "easly".
#16 - JJ72
there's no real good emulator even now really, you don't have to buy a Ps2, there're so many second hand ones here and there you can almost get it for free!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I may buy a PS2 just to purchase TT Superbikes again...

Wish i could find that game. If its the one im thinking of its miles better than tourist trophy. I rented it once but cant find it again.
Hey, ive tried this before and managed to get a few games running, not very fast, but that was with my old PC, looking to try again, will post how it goes

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG