The online racing simulator
Ignorant Doof?
(35 posts, closed, started )
#26 - SamH
Aye.. it's one of those things that really only crops up once you've been reprimanded - thus it's never cropped up as a consideration for you
Hi there!

There is an appeal system yes, You can answer the email You get.

But half a year later, (My ban was in July) the email does not exist

any more. Then there is no "official" way. That´s how I experienced

the situation alt least...

Greetings, Dandy
CTRA is about as good and impartial as it gets these days in LFS.

Personally I think your already bending over backwards to much trying to be fair and transparent wasting time on people who frankly repeatedly show again and again they don't give a shit.

I see you are swamped with replays, bite the bullet and raise the bar of what is acceptable when viewing replays, the vast majority of CTRA users will thank you.
I understand that English isn't your first language, but nowhere in what you wrote to doof did I see anything remotely resembling an apology for deliberately and blatantly wrecking another driver out of the race.
Quote from Bean0 :Sounds like you need some form of proper appeal system.

At least then people will know that their grievance had at least been received.
Not hearing anything back either way would be pretty annoying I would have thought.

It's not feasable for do0f to reply. Think about it, his/her/it has the mucky job of dealing with the worst drivers in LFS, all of whome do not believe they did anything wrong. What possible purpose could there be in do0f engaging in discourse?

Eric doesnt speak out on the LFS forums as a representative of the devs because he knows he'd get his head bitten off, imagine that tenfold for do0f because everyone who speaks to do0f in the first place is, by definition of how they ended up PM'ing him/her/it, an ass.

@Dandy Dust: I got half way through your posted PM there with my morning coffee and couldnt help but wonder when you where going to ask for do0f's bank account details to transfer 10 million USD over .
I think Do0f said it was 5 =)
Quote from Becky Rose :@Dandy Dust: I got half way through your posted PM there with my morning coffee and couldnt help but wonder when you where going to ask for do0f's bank account details to transfer 10 million USD over .

Making a reference to prostitution surely caught my eye!
Hi there!

Unfortunately I have not received any notation if my Personal Messages
to either do0f or SamH have arrived or not.
As You can see in the quote below, the messages have been send about
three weeks ago.
As a Banned for Livetime person I would not expect that "priviledge" to
be informed about that it was recieved, BUT I was asked to do so.
Thats why, yes, I do.

Messages: 5 Private Messages in Folder: Sent Items Messages: 1 3 Weeks Ago
25th December 2008 Appeal for Mercy
22:58 do0f
27th November 2008 plea for clemency
01:51 SamH

Slightley perplexed but not detuned, Yours sincerly, Dandy Dust
#34 - SamH
Quote from Dandy Dust :Hi there!

Unfortunately I have not received any notation if my Personal Messages
to either do0f or SamH have arrived or not.

Quote from SamH :do0f isn't here to communicate on the LFS forum and is not required to act on any demands from users.

Quote from SamH :If you are banned from CTRA, you are banned from CTRA. That is how it is. In some situations do0f will reconsider bans, but this is not automatic and it is not normal. If do0f ignores you or decides not to accept your appeal, that's just how it is and there is nothing that can be done. For example, in the case of speed hackers do0f will not consider reversing the ban under any circumstances. In repeat wrecking cases too.

Quote from SamH :Yes, send a PM to do0f. This does not mean you will be unbanned automatically. Sending a PM to do0f is simply your best shot at getting unbanned.

If you have not had a response, it means you can't return to CTRA. Asking again and again will not change that. Sorry.
:inq:
This thread is closed

Ignorant Doof?
(35 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG