The online racing simulator
Ignorant Doof?
(35 posts, closed, started )
Ignorant Doof?
Has something happened to doof? I have sent 3 messages over the last 2 months & had no reply.
Rumour has it that do0f has never spoken a word since birth, but instead has mastered articulating silence to express exactly what he/she/it wants to say.

Do0f never says anything, but does act.
#3 - Homme
My ban is exactly 6 months old now, actually I wanted to write do0f a private message, concerning my ban.
I viewed his profile and discovered his last activity was on December 4th..

Does it really make sense to contact him according to my issue or are other ctra members responsible for bans as well?
Quote from Homme :
I viewed his profile and discovered his last activity was on December 4th..

He is actually a her

Ode to real sounding names
#5 - Homme
well but this doesnt actually fit - ever thought women speak the whole day?:P

but does it make sense to contact him?
2 months ago i started a topic concerning my ban and was told to wait at least 6 months altogether =\
and they're over :P
Indeedy, Jack and I where going to have a contest to chat do0f up, Jack hit her with his famous "Your cat looks like Hitler" line and I felt if I made no effort at all I had already won.
#7 - Joris
Quote from Homme :Does it really make sense to contact him according to my issue or are other ctra members responsible for bans as well?

After looking at the replay of the "race" you where banned for I don't think you should bother...
#8 - Homme
You dont gotta tell me that those moves were kinda stupid, I know that
You might say it sounds like a petty excuse, but I was drunken on this day, but ONLY on this single day..
I always used to be a fair and clear driver and didnt ruin races of others. You can have a look at the date, all infractions happened on the same day.

Would be nice to get at least a chance
Quote from Becky Rose :Indeedy, Jack and I where going to have a contest to chat do0f up, Jack hit her with his famous "Your cat looks like Hitler" line and I felt if I made no effort at all I had already won.

mmm, i might try this one on Hogmanay this year......sounds a lot better than the ones i use
Quote from Homme :
You might say it sounds like a petty excuse, but I was drunken on this day, but ONLY on this single day..

well i'm drunk half of the time i spend in lfs...not a single report raised against me so far
tbh i always say that when people are drunk to a certain extent they show there true colours, and if you really was a person who would never crash anyone or want to then you wouldnt even if drunk unless you were absolutly paralitic but then you wouldnt be able to operate lfs lol

edit: its a bit like punching someone then telling the court that you cant be charged for abh because you were drunk and didnt know what you were doing, it doesnt matter you still did it

oh and no i havent watched the replay im only going on others posts as to actually what happened in said report
#12 - Jakg
Quote from StableX :He is actually a her

Ode to real sounding names

Oh the hilarity...
Quote from Becky Rose :Indeedy, Jack and I where going to have a contest to chat do0f up, Jack hit her with his famous "Your cat looks like Hitler" line and I felt if I made no effort at all I had already won.

GRRRRRR!
I also wait for doof to react to a Personal Message on this Board...
Greetings, Dandy
Quote from Dandy Dust :I also wait for doof to react to a Personal Message on this Board...
Greetings, Dandy

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but just in case you are... you won't get a reply from do0f. do0f never speaks, only acts.
It's the STIG!!!
That is a pitty, because NOT speaking is a strange kind form of communication on an international internet - forum.

SamH gave me the hint, that the only form how to get in touch
with the CTRA Admins is the PM to Doof.

IN this case Doof helps to rotten the communication in the LFS - community, which I find sorry.

If he feels like John Wayne, who said "Talk low, Talk slow an don´t say much", he is 30 years behind.

Forums are made to communicate

Greetings, Dandy
#19 - SamH
If you PM do0f (when do0f is not away on vacation) then do0f will receive the PM by email. do0f isn't here to communicate on the LFS forum and is not required to act on any demands from users.

If you are banned from CTRA, you are banned from CTRA. That is how it is. In some situations do0f will reconsider bans, but this is not automatic and it is not normal. If do0f ignores you or decides not to accept your appeal, that's just how it is and there is nothing that can be done. For example, in the case of speed hackers do0f will not consider reversing the ban under any circumstances. In repeat wrecking cases too.
Quote :

#1 - LordBlaster
S2 licensed

Racername: FPR | Lord Blaster

*How To* Dealing with bans
first of all: THIS (the official lfs-forum) is not the right place to complain about ctra-x bans of any kind!

any topics of this kind will suddenly be closed by a ctra-moderator!

but because it seems some people don´t know how to deal with a ban, just follow this easy rule:

PM do0f !!!

its needless to pm any other ctra-staff-member, as SamH or Becky.
and its even more needless to pm persons like me, who are not even a member of the official ctra-staff.

Last edited by LordBlaster; 12th December 2007 at 10:22.
Here is what I wrote to Doof
Appeal for mercy Hi Doof!

Hi CTRA Administration!

After having spend a lot of time considering my CTRA conduction

I am willing to find some words

for Your consideration (in a language

which is not my mother tonque...)

To put it down here: I want to race

on the CTRA again and I´m willing to

show my regret of former missconducts.

My arguments are the following:

First I have to say, that I was one of

the first of my kind (Z30) to discover

CTRA racing and also to step the system of rules behind it.

Unfortunately it took me quiet a while

to understand how strictly these rules

are expressed. I was not aware of the

consequences on these servers for a

while.

Later I told my teammates that it was

cool to race on CTRA servers, but it took them quiet a while to take on...

For my behalf, as I have stated on other occations, its odd to have a

system of peaching on other players

was totaly new for me, as it is not common where I live, so I had to get

used to it. (For example: Here, if someone cheats on a school exam, to

peach on him is worse than the cheat

itself. We dont do this here. If you go

further south this gets stronger. Lets

think of Italy and the "omertá" of the

mafia.)

Of course, now I am willing to accept,

that servers from GB follow a more

Black&white principle, like common in

a puritanic society, where prostitution

for example isnt allowed.

The axis of the evil does also exist in

katholic trended countries, but here

we referre to it as something that litteraly cuts through every single person. Evil is part of everybody, just

a lucifer is a fallen angel after all.

Back to terms of LFS: After such a long term in the hell of other servers

then the CTRA I feel a bit burned from

the acid, which also seems to have found its way into me and has burned

out all these catholic indulgence mentality out of my mind, like the

rubber of a burning tyre and only left

the bald head on top of my brain, which now has cooled down enough,

to be not so stupid to ever give up the

mercy of driving LFS on CTRA servers

if only I would ever regain the right of

contucting my drinving wheel there just a carefully s my gloriole of the saint, which, I have to admit that, was dirty a bit after all thes banns.

I spite of differnces of mentality i am

very hopefull, that this my plea for clemency, which can also be looked as

a kind of "march to canossa", barefeeded and cleaned from unworthy intention, my change the

CTRA Admins intention to an act

of good will.

I promise I will be behaving and I am

excusing for bad behaving.

If I could do any further clearing up,

what my intentions are for the future

or give any further garantees for myself I am willing to do so any time.

Yours sincerely, Dandy Dust
#22 - SamH
Yes, send a PM to do0f. This does not mean you will be unbanned automatically. Sending a PM to do0f is simply your best shot at getting unbanned.
Sounds like you need some form of proper appeal system.

At least then people will know that their grievance had at least been received.
Not hearing anything back either way would be pretty annoying I would have thought.
#24 - SamH
There is a full appeal system. After someone receives a reprimand, they have exactly 7 days to click the appeal button that shows in MyCTRA (only visible to the driver concerned). After 7 days, there is officially no recourse. PMing do0f is an additional possible route for clemency, but it isn't an official route.
Ah right, I must have read that somewhere but forgotten because it does sound familiar now.
This thread is closed

Ignorant Doof?
(35 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG