The online racing simulator
Underrated games
(87 posts, started )
Quote from Timdpr :Driv3r got loads of attention on it's release (I think) but loads of people hated it...not me, though! Great game! Driver 1/2 are good as well, still got both of them! I really need to chuck some games out...

Driver 1: Redefined driving games
Driver 2: Sucked major ass
Driver 3: was good apart from the crappy name and hopeless on-foot controls
Quote from LFSn00b :Nope, Enthusia was actually released a few months earlier than GT4(from what i've heard) and that Enthusia got into GT's dust and many people don't even know that game.

It is actually even better than GT4 physicswise, but graphics could do a bit more working out.

It's also rare as ****, I've only seen it once in a shop and that was a year ago.
I bought my copy from Tescos, back in the day.
#31 - JJ72
Quote from Crashgate3 :Trespasser.

YES YES YES.

It was a time I don't even know there's online game reviews and honestly I loved it to bits, its a game with very limited resources available and every dinosour encounter could be lethal, was an epic game as well, you are always walking alone listening to any signal of a raptor nearby...

sometime gripping stuff and jumping could be frustrating, but I finished it none the less, seeing the first T-rex/dinosours fighting each other are great moments.
#32 - Woz
Wipeout (PS1). It put many off with the brutal learning curve but completing a big race without a crash was a real buzz.

Wipeout 2097 made things easier and was a great game but the original Wipeout tops it

Dungeon Master (Atari ST). Great RPG game of its time.

Stunt Car Racer (Atari ST). Pure race fun.
this game is old, very old, its for older xbox. had it for ages and still play and lol for it, i think everyone should try it. i think its the most humouristic and best game ive ever had: conker: live and reloaded
the terms "very old" and "Xbox" don't fit together well if you started gaming in the late 80ies
#36 - Woz
Quote from ColeusRattus :the terms "very old" and "Xbox" don't fit together well if you started gaming in the late 80ies

The first games I played were the likes of Pong, Invaders and Tank Command. First home PC game was 3d Monster Maze on ZX81

things have come a long way since ZX81 tape loading and ram pack wobbles
Quote from Woz :

Stunt Car Racer (Atari ST). Pure race fun.

is that the same as Stuntman? That was an awesome game
Enthusia Proffecional Racing stil the best sim racing ish game on consoles
Beyond Good & Evil

+1 to Giants: Citizen Kabuto

I'm also gonna throw MDK (Murder, Death, Kill) in there
Quote from Gnomie :

I'd like to mention Mount&Blade. Fantastic RPG that's been in Beta state for years, and was recently released. Combat is really innovative and feels more satisfactory than in any other RPG I've played.

+1, been playing it for around 3-4 i think ^^
Quote from Timdpr :Driv3r got loads of attention on it's release (I think) but loads of people hated it...not me, though! Great game! Driver 1/2 are good as well, still got both of them! I really need to chuck some games out...

I love DRIV3R.. I still play it. And also Driver 1 and Driver 2.. I still play all of the driver series except for parallel lines (I didn't play it for PS2, but I don't like it on PC. Damn Ubisoft!)

Quote from LFSn00b :Enthusia.(PS2)

Looks very promising! Also looks A LOT like GT4, although it doesn't have as good graphics as GT4...
A website with many images from enthusia:
http://ez.mygames.pt/ps2/condu ... sionalracing/imagem/1579/
Some random ones:
http://www.gfdata.de/images/enthusia.JPG
http://wallpapers.latestscreen ... professionalracing-02.jpg
http://m.mygames.pt/g4/images/reviews/shot_5_888.jpg

Quote from JeffR :Giants - Citizen Kabuto

example game play videos:
[...]

Your website is in my Favorites list
Quote from Velociround :I love DRIV3R.. I still play it. And also Driver 1 and Driver 2.. I still play all of the driver series except for parallel lines (I didn't play it for PS2, but I don't like it on PC. Damn Ubisoft!)

Driver 3 is a great game marred by appalling on-foot stuff, the granite car extra thing is awesome in Istanbul, I remember just getting in a truck and finding the house with it in and driving up and down the sea front road demolishing everything...was a right laugh
Quote from JohnUK89 :I'm also gonna throw MDK (Murder, Death, Kill) in there

anything dave perry/shiny is worth a look or 2... especially year later when graphics and minor complaints dont matter as much
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
paperboy!

Not so much under rated, but definately retro cool!

Quote from Dj-Aeri :THE BEST!

Looks quite similar to hard drivin' which was in the arcades in the very early 90's over here.

Quote from Velociround :I love DRIV3R.. I still play it. And also Driver 1 and Driver 2.. I still play all of the driver series except for parallel lines (I didn't play it for PS2, but I don't like it on PC. Damn Ubisoft!)

I doubt Parallel lines will be any better on ps2...it has a great map, and some pretty cool missions (especially the one where you have to break someone out of a prison with a bulldozer!) But the gameplay and physics let it down for me. The storyline and the star-collecting is good, and so are the cars. Actually, there are a lot of good things about it IMO, but for some reason I don't like it...
Driv3r had a very interesting style of graphics and storyline, it felt strange but i liked it.
Quote from PioneerLv :Driv3r had a very interesting style of graphics and storyline, it felt strange but i liked it.

Yeah, the story was pretty good. Everyone's saying how bad the on-foot controls were but I can't recall them being overly bad. I just remember it being a bloody good game.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
I wouldn't be suprised if you could find a flash version somewhere on the net.

Underrated games
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG