The online racing simulator
Underrated games
(87 posts, started )
#1 - Lible
Underrated games
I've been looking at PC games recently to find something i'm interested in.

So, here starts another stupid thread - games you think are good but aren't uberwellknown or high rated (by reviewers).

I'll start with XIII
Crash n burn. It had terrible graphics and a really bad soundtrack, but man that game was FUN! Gotta love 'Kamikaze' mode (half the racers going in the opposite direction EEK!) Arena DD's, and loads of other modes.

The customisation was also good. There were only 4 basic cars, but the bodykits made them unrecognisable. The peformance mods were good too. Too bad it was underrated. such fun knocking AI till they had totalled! Pretty much a game that wasn't known well enough.
I always loved the RollerCoaster Tycoon games.
Ballistics.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/ballistics/index.html

Probally one of the simplest game ever, but it should be better known, a great game that really is _THAT_ fast, Wipeout can go home compared to drive 5000km/h on a motorcycle lol!
This video has been posted like 3 times before, but it show ya what speed I'm really talking about, and yes, it's in real-time speed, take a look on it on my youtube : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_b0FEjPMMjg

A other game that deserves better reputation in the gaming society is Trackmania games. Specially the new Trackmania United Forever is a great game, with almost unlimited track editor settings / creations.

http://www.trackmania.com/
LFS isnt very well known outside of the forums here.
#6 - MR_B
Quote from UncleBenny :I always loved the RollerCoaster Tycoon games.

Oh yeah now you're talking!

My suggestion,

Grand Prix Manager 2
Quote from UncleBenny :I always loved the RollerCoaster Tycoon games.

+10000000000000000000

I just LOVE the RCT games!
Vietcong, NOLF 1&2
#11 - wien
Mercenaries : Playground of Destruction - very good first person shooter.
Wipeout Fusion - Speed. Speed. Lots of it.
Virtual Tennis (PC version) - Excellent action topped with cheesy soundtrack.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Crash n burn. It had terrible graphics and a really bad soundtrack, but man that game was FUN! Gotta love 'Kamikaze' mode (half the racers going in the opposite direction EEK!) Arena DD's, and loads of other modes.

The customisation was also good. There were only 4 basic cars, but the bodykits made them unrecognisable. The peformance mods were good too. Too bad it was underrated. such fun knocking AI till they had totalled! Pretty much a game that wasn't known well enough.

I have this game still, had lots of fun on it.
Quote from Lible :I've been looking at PC games recently to find something i'm interested in.

So, here starts another stupid thread - games you think are good but aren't uberwellknown or high rated (by reviewers).

I'll start with XIII

Ohh, XIII was pretty awesome. I loved the cell-shader graphics. Bring it back IMO.
#19 - CSU1
Russian roulette
Ricochet - the best Breakout clone ever to be made for PC

Driven To Destruction - the game closest to proper banger racing released for PS2, also the best 'bargain' game I ever bought (£20 new)

Warioland on Gamecube

[edit]

how could I forget Treadmarks, the extremely underrated tank racing game made about 10 years ago for PC, it features an infinite map which automatically renders itself, changes to landscapes through shelling and weapon strikes stay there for the duration of the game, you can have up to 100 tanks in a race or battle and it's absolutely manic. It's very hard to find an actual CD-Rom of it but the demo can be downloaded from the internet and you can pay for the fulll version, it's very very worth it
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Crash n burn. It had terrible graphics and a really bad soundtrack, but man that game was FUN! Gotta love 'Kamikaze' mode (half the racers going in the opposite direction EEK!) Arena DD's, and loads of other modes.

Brilliant game, I still play it now! Loved the intro movie, and the gameplay was awesome! Mabye the best bit about it is that it seems you have been playing (and having great fun) for hours, when you've only been on it 15 mins! Actually no, the best bit about it is that as the race progresses, the track just gets filled with absolute carnage...flames, oil spills, cars spit in half...I don't think I'll ever get bored of doing a kamikaze race round that short Bronx track! For PS2, I seriously recommend it, it's probably really cheap now.

EDIT: @mookie, Driven to Destruction I also still play, plus I think I have a demo of ricochet...if it is what I think it is, it's very good!
Quote from Lible :I've been looking at PC games recently to find something i'm interested in.

I'll start with XIII

Ive played XIII for a long time. Never gets boring... KABOOOOM!!!!
Driver 1, Driver 2(PS1), Driver 3
Quote from PioneerLv :Driver 1, Driver 2(PS1), Driver 3

Driv3r got loads of attention on it's release (I think) but loads of people hated it...not me, though! Great game! Driver 1/2 are good as well, still got both of them! I really need to chuck some games out...
Trespasser.

Basically, FarCry but they got there 5 years earlier, and with dinosaurs.

OK, the game was a bit too advanced for the hardware (it used ragdolls and bumpmaps, way before any other game) and the control system was *terrible* - everything was done using the character's arm for which you controlled each joint invididually, by holding down certain keys and moving the mouse. So to pick up a gun and shoot it, you had to kneel down, manoevre the hand to the gun, pick it up, manoevre your hand to sight down it (if you didn't aim the gun forwards, it would fire off to the side - there no crosshairs in this game) then fire.

One I got used to the controls though, I fell in love with it.

Underrated games
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG