The online racing simulator
LFS Dedicated Server "Unknown track"
(6 posts, started )
When starting up a dedicated server for the first time after a reboot with parameters for a S2 server, when the /mode=S2 parameter is AFTER the /track=... parameter, the server will not start with error message "Unknown track".

Sollution: put the /mode=S2 parameter BEFORE the /track=... parameter.

Bug occurs with command line AND config file.

For some reason, the problem is gone after doing it good once.
very little typo and BIG "error"

try
/mode=s2
and not:
/mode=S2

Quote from Heiko1 :very little typo and BIG "error"

try
/mode=s2
and not:
/mode=S2

Same result...
Are you talking about the Z3 dedi? - I cant confirm this bug, it works fine for me, mode is already before track.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Are you talking about the Z3 dedi?

Yes. I don't remember having the problem with Z2, but maybe it never came up.

Ok, these are the steps to reproduce. This is on a windows 2003 server web edition, I don't know if it's on every windows version:
  1. Reboot the machine (important, after one correct time, it always seems to work)
  2. Put this config in a file (for example, it's not only on this one):
    //description=WE1 Rank
    /host=^J^4Á^7rea^3ÒÒ ^6WE1 Rank
    /port=63395
    /insim=30002
    /carsmax=32
    /midrace=yes
    /dedicated=nogfx
    /pps=6
    /qual=10
    /usemaster=yes
    /weather=1
    /vote=no
    /select=no
    /maxguests=47
    /carshost=1
    /carsguest=1
    /mustpit=no
    /autokick=spec
    /start=finish
    /rstend=1
    /laps=5
    /wind=0
    /rstmin=10
    /admin=************
    /track=WE1
    /mode=S2
    /cars=ALL

3. Start lfs with parameter /cfg=aboveconfigfile.txt
  4. "Unknown track"
If you place mode before track for example, it works fine, and from then on, every config, even with mode after track works fine (I run multiple servers so maybe the use of multiple instances solves the problem).

Using s2 instead of S2 doesn't make any difference.
And of course, using a demo configuration doesn't show the problem.
Sorry, but I think this is not so much a bug. The example config you posted is ordered different to have the LFS Dedi comes configured default. It may just be a requirement of LFS that it needs to know what mode to start in before knowing what track to select.

I only see this being a problem if there was some reason not to place mode before track, and I cannot honestly see a need to change the order in which the LFS config is written (please tell me if there is, I dont mean to sound offensive or whatever, but I just cant see why)

Basically, to me this is only a bug if one purposly re-arranges the order of config of an LFS Server.

EDIT: Reproduceable via the method indicated above, but that would be taken as given, as the above config is not in the correct order

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG